British Speedway Forum

Doesn't work like that. Change of profession will mean a new work permit. I assume he'll be riding in a state final somewhere and finish top 4. I remember when riders use to ride in the Tasmanian state final as it was so easy anyone could finish top 4 :D

Only one left that he can do , the SA title.

Junior

I don't think that the negative comments are coming from Sheffield fans.

i thought that after i had posted it spinny.

For me it is cautious optimism with the lad, and potentially it is a very very good signing for the club.

we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

Tremendous signing, lets hope they can sort out the red Tape.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Arthur ride for us and it's a congratulations to the promotion for putting together what looks like a good, exciting side. The key for me is that Steady and Ash are Sheffield lads, Josh is from Barnsley, Arthur is going to be based in Barnsley and if Proctor signs as well, that will be five South Yorkshire based riders. Hopefully good for team spirit.

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing young arthur this years pl just got better with him coming over here.

I guess it would depend on who else nominated, let's not forget he hasn't even ridden so far, and even a qualifier would have a certain selection criteria.

Junior

Noticed on another thread it has been mentioned that Sissis has dual nationality (Greece ?). If he comes in on EU citizenship, he does not require to meet eligibility criteria for Australians.

Remember him doing underage second halves at Armadale on a 500cc bike and was mighty impressive then.

Why can't he ride in Australian Title series? The qualification meeting is on Friday, January 2nd at Gillman, he'd certainly be able to contest that, and if he's still good enough, go into the Series the next night.

ive read reports he will be coming in as a eu rider due to having dual nationality so dosnt need to ride in aussie national championship and thats also why he is a 5pt average not 7 that new aussies come in on

Noticed on another thread it has been mentioned that Sissis has dual nationality (Greece ?). If he comes in on EU citizenship, he does not require to meet eligibility criteria for Australians.

Remember him doing underage second halves at Armadale on a 500cc bike and was mighty impressive then.

Yes, I was there as well. Very smooth natural style based, on superb balance. Like a new Peter Craven.

impressed at this signing

for a rider to turn back to speedway after racing at any high level of motorcycle sport surely hes doing it for the love of the sport rather than the money

if hes as good a prospect as he looked as a kid im sure he will be a very good prem league rider

Isn't the return of Arthur Sissis to speedway because his GP team cannot find a place for him in 2015. That's my reading on several Facebook pages anyway. :wink:

I have also seen this comment in regard to his GP activities. http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Arthur+Sissis

Edited by Guest

Isn't the return of Arthur Sissis to speedway because his GP team cannot find a place for him in 2015. That's my reading on several Facebook pages anyway. :wink:

I have also seen this comment in regard to his GP activities. http://www.motogp.com/en/riders/Arthur+Sissis

Hopefully road racings loss is Sheffield's gain !!!

Has a rider that has never had a competative speedway race ever been given a PL team place before ?

IMO he should have done a year in the NL before being considered ... and to think we have binned off a rider that scored 18 points in one match last season to put him in who is on a smaller average !

Edited by OILYRAG

Has a rider that has never had a competative speedway race ever been given a PL team place before ?

IMO he should have done a year in the NL before being considered ... and to think we have binned off a rider that scored 18 points in one match last season to put him in who is on a smaller average !

If you are referring to Sissis he is not allowed to race in the National League.

If you are referring to Sissis he is not allowed to race in the National League.

I Stand corrected but the point stIll stands.

That's how things work in speedway these days. I recall a case where a rider on a 7 point average was shelved by his side because they were over the points llimit to be replaced by a rider two points lower to bring the club within the limits. Speedway prefers computers to talent it would seem. :lol: