British Speedway Forum

Thought professional speedway riders were paid appearance money and for points scored. If so who'd be paying him during that private practice session, where there was no paying public to watch that appearance and how many points did he score that he was paid for?

See this for what it was, a spin on a mates bike, for goodness sake talk about pedantic!

Tell you what. Don't be pedantic. Do as you like. I don't think the UKVI will be quite so nice next time. It's not me you have to have on side, my opinion counts for little (but hey, maybe if my views on this subject had been listened to a few tears back and one EL promoter had not called me "know all fan who knew nothing" [which is ironic]) its what the UKVI think and having given the sport one chance I'd not be risking them wanting to take another.

So by all means, Ty Proctor can do what the hell he likes. It'll be funny to hear him moan when he's being kicked out the country. BTW, his did his legal action against Somerset go? :D

Do you mean like the UKVI were with previous after meeting rides that started this whole situation. Best talk about safer subjects, and you not being so pedantic.

This wasn't an after meeting ride - it was a PRIVATE practice session paid for by the riders or whoever for them. Proctor (on somebody else's equipment) wasn't earning anything or performing for anyone. Think there's a big difference there.

This wasn't an after meeting ride - it was a PRIVATE practice session paid for by the riders or whoever for them. Proctor (on somebody else's equipment) wasn't earning anything or performing for anyone. Think there's a big difference there.

Leave it mate. Hornet's nest if you don't.

Tell you what. Don't be pedantic. Do as you like. I don't think the UKVI will be quite so nice next time. It's not me you have to have on side, my opinion counts for little (but hey, maybe if my views on this subject had been listened to a few tears back and one EL promoter had not called me "know all fan who knew nothing" [which is ironic]) its what the UKVI think and having given the sport one chance I'd not be risking them wanting to take another.

So by all means, Ty Proctor can do what the hell he likes. It'll be funny to hear him moan when he's being kicked out the country. BTW, his did his legal action against Somerset go? :D

Like the rest of us on here your opinion doesn't count for much in the great scheme of things and with the number of posts you've authored I can see why someone putting their own money into the sport might have taken umbrage with you when you'd caused them a few 'tears'.

I think the UKVI have been concerned with the quality of the non-EU riders being employed here over the last few years (at least) and the fact that quite a few haven't met the set criteria. Don't think they'll have their spies out at all the practice sessions making sure that no one without a current work visa is having a 'baz round' round on a mates bike! However if they kick him out of the country for it I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

As for any legal action against Somerset I know nothing about. Bet you'd have been peeved if someone offered you a job with a decent wage and then changed their mind a few weeks before you started. I would have.

• Like 1

Leave it mate. Hornet's nest if you don't.

Know what you mean, but it's a bit late now what with Scunthorpe's answer to Bertie Smalls (aka Neckbrace Tony) blabbing!

Bet Proctors name isn't on that form that has to go to the SCB!

Blabbing??? it was an open practice, nothing underhand about it, he paid money to practise and signed on on an scb form, so by last tuesday they would have know who was there, i was just saying i was there in answer to your question about evidence

Edited by neck brace tony

Cant see how a private practice can be wrong.

Presumably currently on a holiday visa as if the full work visa is in place there is no problem anyway.

Look at it this way - if a pro surfer comes to the UK on a holiday visa would he be prohibited from catching a few waves down at Newquay just because thats what he does for a living back home?

Surely it would just be classed as recreational which is what a holiday is all about.

it wasnt a private practice, it was an open pracrtice run regularly by scunny speedway, anyone with a bike and some money can go, maybe our official club photographer should take his pictures of the day off his facebook page,

it wasnt a private practice, it was an open pracrtice run regularly by scunny speedway, anyone with a bike and some money can go, maybe our official club photographer should take his pictures of the day off his facebook page,

the status of the practice was my point - and I dont see how it would be a problem.

Calling it a private practice was meant to distinguish it from an organised team practice.

It was a private arrangement by individuals at at open to the public facility which is what you confirmed.

Had it have been a team organised event I would see the potential problem it could cause.

That said what I think doesnt really matter. If it is a problem to UKVI then thats whats important. The sport cant afford to continue to get this wrong.

• Like 1

the status of the practice was my point - and I dont see how it would be a problem.

Calling it a private practice was meant to distinguish it from an organised team practice.

It was a private arrangement by individuals at at open to the public facility which is what you confirmed.

Had it have been a team organised event I would see the potential problem it could cause.

That said what I think doesnt really matter. If it is a problem to UKVI then thats whats important. The sport cant afford to continue to get this wrong.

Which is exactly why the UKVI entered the issue last year.

sorry if i got the wrong meaning bruv, i thought you meant a behind closed doors practice, also im not arguing if it was right or wrong for him to ride, thats his buisness, i just wanted to give an answer to a post,bit confused by being called a "supergrass" though, i never brought the subject up

3 or 4 years ago I would have loved to see Bunyan ride for us, but think he is past his best. Would much prefer Andre or Wilson unless anybody can come up with a better suggestion

Anyway back to the team, anyone think Jason Bunyan could do a job for us?

Possible, but the problem for me is that his average is below 5 and that would mean putting a young raw rookie in Arthur Sissis in the main body of the team.

One name not seen mentioned and he rides Sheffield well is Mathieu Tresarrieu, get him into the team and we still have Sissis at reserve.

Possible, but the problem for me is that his average is below 5 and that would mean putting a young raw rookie in Arthur Sissis in the main body of the team.

One name not seen mentioned and he rides Sheffield well is Mathieu Tresarrieu, get him into the team and we still have Sissis at reserve.

yes good call, didnt realise Bunyans average was so low, agree Sissis at reserve is a must

Isnt he another one that misses meetings through long track tho ? I think without having a list of available riders on or around taylors average Kurtz would be the option for me !!!!