British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Coventry Vs Swindon, Monday 29 September

As people have said 8 points sets it up perfect for next week . Swindon made a lot of silly mistakes tonight and it could cost them. a big advantage for the bees could be the chance to used ts if they were to go 10 down next week .

Does anyone know why they the big tv screen in a place that no one could see it ? it was a complete waste of time

• Like 3

What are the rules if it is 49-41 next week? Coventry advances as they finished regular season higher? That's the rule in Poland anyway.

How is it in UK this year?

Rock, paper, scissors....

Best of three....

A much more exciting meeting at Brandon than at Saddlebow Rd... It will be tight next week at Swindon and a hard one to predict. Hope Garrity has fine tuned that new motor...

• Like 1

Hansen looks a totally different rider and his performance along with choice of guest could decide this. Well done Swindon boys and the real fans who don't condone cheating. For the supporters on here who think it is ok to stay down then shame on you if you think that cheating is fine

• Like 5

Yes. He chose to ride in a re-arranged Sweden EL play-off meeting for his club of 3 seasons rather than ride at BV. We should have sucked it up and used a PL 3 pointer at BV. As it is, the team did so well we'd have still won there anyway.

Even use a guest and got him banned for 28 days. Used guests for the last month but at least he'd have been available for the play-offs. I know some will argue that nobody could forsee Barkers injury but you have to work out the risk, MJJ or Barker, what are the plus and minus points of both. Missing MJJ meant EL 6.5 guests, missing Barker means 5.9 PL guests. Barker there is between 3 and 8 points, MJJ there is between 5 and 12 points. Ok more chance of Ben being in the mood but an in the mood Barker is not that much better than a "meh" MJJ. MJJ tends to pick it up on the big occasions, maybe the EL play-offs would be a big occasion for him.

I agree with what you are saying there Shawn but Coventry got to the play-offs anyway without MJJ. What if he had been retained but then went 'missing' for the play-offs, Mick Horton would be slaughtered for not making a stand.

I am a Panther supporter who has been supporting and going to Brandon for most home meetings this season for my EL fix. I have really enjoyed most of the meetings this year and if a defeat next week is the end of Coventry's season then I salute this Coventry team of racers and Mick Horton for the entertainment I have had this year.

• Like 3

Hansen looks a totally different rider and his performance along with choice of guest could decide this. Well done Swindon boys and the real fans who don't condone cheating. For the supporters on here who think it is ok to stay down then shame on you if you think that cheating is fine

Lets see what happens next week if a Coventry rider falls and Swindon are on a 5-1. I guarantee they won't be springing to their feet. I've seen it cost us before so my attitude is that they should stay down especially when its on the 2nd bend of lap 1.

Lets see what happens next week if a Coventry rider falls and Swindon are on a 5-1. I guarantee they won't be springing to their feet. I've seen it cost us before so my attitude is that they should stay down especially when its on the 2nd bend of lap 1.

I would agree judging by the way the crowd were shouting at sargeant to stay downwhen poole were there last Edited by foreverblue

jumped to there feet? what planet are you on?

both fell when trying to take riders in the fence, both sat on there arse looking to see if they could get it stopped, then both realised the ref wasnt going to hit the lights!

jumped up rubbish!

um sure Mr North can ride a bike, but it would be nice to see this rather than trying to fence every rider he comes across.

fair result on the whole, will it be enough no?

• Like 2

jumped to there feet? what planet are you on?

both fell when trying to take riders in the fence, both sat on there arse looking to see if they could get it stopped, then both realised the ref wasnt going to hit the lights!

jumped up rubbish!

um sure Mr North can ride a bike, but it would be nice to see this rather than trying to fence every rider he comes across.

fair result on the whole, will it be enough no?

Alright that was the wrong phrase to use but whether they sprung to their feet or laid there as long as possible the result was still the same. They cleared the track when they should have stayed down.

8 points down is a more than fair result for us seeming as we threw away so many points. Hansen and Garrity weren't afraid to mix it in the dirt whereas our boys decided mid track/the curb was best and it cost us time and gain. As Orion said the tacticals are going to keep it close next week. Wouldn't like to say which its going to go but still think we will edge it.

Edited by thecoombdog

Thought we were trying to rid the sport of cheating yet you openly encourage it. Not good.

• Like 1

Seen better racing at Coventry but still enjoyed the meeting last night, although it may have been helped by the fact it was my first since Cardiff (for obvious reasons), thought the crowd was a bit disappointing though, but I stand to be corrected.

As mentioned credit to the two Robins riders for getting back up when it would've been easier to stay down.

Think Coventry needed a few more, fancy Swindon to win it by 4 on aggregate.

• Like 1

jumpe

jumped up rubbish!

I think it's you that's on this so-called other planet. Do you really think the ref would have left the race going if a fallen rider was still on the track?

I see our Hans wasn't overly impressed with your track, by the way.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/hansisbored

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Anderson's a gater and not interested in mixing it any more, hugs the line more than smorlinski!

north only just got off the track as the riders came into the first corner, the track wasnt great and hasnt been all season, but to moan about it now (anderson) is more to do with his performance id suggest.

• Like 3

I think it's you that's on this so-called other planet. Do you really think the ref would have left the race going if a fallen rider was still on the track?

I see our Hans wasn't overly impressed with your track, by the way.

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/swindon_sports_news/hansisbored

Is he kidding? Harris, Howarth, Hansen, Sarj, Garrity and even Hans himself all made passes. He was hardly going to pass anyone in heats 1 and 13 was he when he was the proverbial mile behind the Swindon rider.

Hans likes a track thats slick and he can roll around the inside. Sadly for him the majority of the Bees team would be hugging the fence so the track gets set up for the majority.

There is an issue with Coventry's track and that is it does not seem to dry, they said on Sky last night that it was last watered at 3:30PM, the air was warm but still, normally you would have expected it to dry out. I am not sure what they can do different because had it not been watered it would have been a dust bowl.

On to the meeting, still all in the balance, an 8 point lead is better than I thought, especially when you consider Hans didnt score too well we were pretty solid elsewhere though and with a little bit of luck we could got another 5-1 in fifteen but Hansens run on the first corner was blocked off by everyone going for the same bit of track. We will need to be at our best though next Monday.