British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Eastbourne 2015

Wow, Eastbourne straight out of the blocks this morning and having Hopwood signed by the time I had finished by mid morning break.

Great work by the Eagles management (again!).

Great signing well done to the eastie management, best wishes to David Mason

THAT WAS FAST! Usually be waiting weeks on R/R Dugards mean business evidently.

The only sensible replacement out there atm. However still swiftly dealt with. Good Luck to Ben & Best Wishes to Magic

The national league for devloping young British talent? Not having a go at Ben Hopwood just raising the point.

The national league for devloping young British talent? Not having a go at Ben Hopwood just raising the point.

You cant bring on any talent young or old with R/R xxxxx as it means an extra ride for 4 of the riders who are already struggling, chin up Pete cradley have been left behind this season but looks like Eastbourne are not going to give up a chance of being in the top 4. and if Ben ups his average :t: maybe another possible change in the team to come? and Pete come on look Danny Warwick hurt (replaced) for now, Mason out (replaced before his cast had even set), Mistake by the management turn out to be a diamond in Richard Andrews.

Edited by catinthehat

Ben Hopwood is 24. This coming from a Cradley fan whose side had Paul Starke (24 when rode for Cradley), Lewis Blackbird (26 when riding for Cradley), Gareth Isherwood (25), Arron Mogridge (24), Jamie Courtney (25), Byron Bekker (25), Adam Roynon (24), James White Williams (27) and Jon Armstrong (37) in recent years. Just I don't see what point your trying to raise no.

• Like 3

Wow, Eastbourne straight out of the blocks this morning and having Hopwood signed by the time I had finished by mid morning break.

Great work by the Eagles management (again!).

Just shows the professionalism and ambition at the Eagles.

Acted fast.

Unlike Kent who just bumble along !

Andrews has found some form again, Dugard looked steady yesterday, BWD is on a different level, George wood only his 12th Speedway meeting ever, Owen looks to be making steady progress again, Mattie Bates looks as if he is a dark horse, and now with Ben Hopwood looks a very strong side all the way through. Very fast work from the Eagles, also i noticed yesterday that 90% of the starts were made by the eagles, they had gone forward on a really slick starts they hit the set up well before the Kent did.

There are plenty of riders that will never progress any further than the NL but it doesn't mean they don't serve a role. There is an obsession at the moment with young riders, discovering not developing.

Whilst the occasional gem may be discovered many more are being thrown in to league racing too early and struggling either physically, financially, logistically or with just sheer inexperience. These risk becoming downhearted and lost to the sport all together rather than taking extra time to develop.

What a breath of fresh air this management is!

Making a quick signing because the averages change tomorrow?

Brilliant move and I believe does not weaken the team at all.

Very pleased.

Then they should set an age limit.

Leagues are also there to be won and imo, a team should be put together to win within the rules.

Speedway is also a business and Eastbourne need success.

Kent seem to be getting a good turn out for a struggling team but I am not sure Eastbourne could.

• Like 1

I did notice Connor straight on the phone while the medics took an eternity to get Dave off the track. Hats off to him for getting busy. Bellaby gave it all that old bull about no stone left unturned a year or so again and we gor sweet f a from him. Nice to see the management getting off their backsides now. Also better with big Glenn as manager than Mr Interesting Geer. Martin Dugard was flat out helping just about every rider in the pits. Good team spirit all round.

What a breath of fresh air this management is!

Making a quick signing because the averages change tomorrow?

Brilliant move and I believe does not weaken the team at all.

Very pleased.

Then they should set an age limit.

Leagues are also there to be won and imo, a team should be put together to win within the rules.

Speedway is also a business and Eastbourne need success.

Kent seem to be getting a good turn out for a struggling team but I am not sure Eastbourne could.

There used to be an age limit (not that I'm sure it was legal) and it was 1 rider over 30.

There used to be an age limit (not that I'm sure it was legal) and it was 1 rider over 30.

Warwick and Mason were both over 30 so must no longer exist... But they have both crashed out now... :sad: