British Speedway Forum
KEITH M

"speedway Friends"

Yep it's the worst , over moderated and totally boring , say anything Karl Fiala doesn't agree with . Warned by him , debate anything he doesn't think should be debated Posts deleted . it's completlely pathetic that's why I left it ,

I never even got warned..............

RP

the trouble with all electronic discussions is getting the tone right - you often disagree with someone and face to face you can read facial expressions and hear voice tones

I FULLY AGREE. People should be more easy going on this forum for that reason.

I FULLY AGREE. People should be more easy going on this forum for that reason.

Like me, you mean. :t::shock: :shock: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

You'd think though, after a while of being "hated" everywhere the Poole fans might just question why that is. If every where I went I was hated I'd have to start looking at myself -

Mirror, mirror.... :wink:

• Like 2

I left it because it made some of the posters on here look sane !

• Like 1

I left it after a Harris topic or a Ward one was posted on a daily basis.

One.....two......three......four.......five.......six......seven......eight......nine.......ten.

And breathe. Do you know that the forum owner has had other things on his mind lately? His wife has just given birth and both she and baby had to be kept in hospital for a few days. Sometimes the forum doesn't come top of the list of priorities. As long as all the forums you run kept going I wouldn't let it worry you if this one isn't available for a couple of days.

Probably more posts in 5 minutes on here than there are on his forums in a day.In fact there were probably as many posts on his forums as there were here the other day when this place was busticated :rofl: Yet he still takes time out of his busy day running all those forums to come and have a pop at this place :nono:

A clear case of someone who needs this forum more than this forum needs him

Edited by iris123
  • Like 5

Does Facebook 'Speedway Friends" have repeated forum breakdowns like a three day loss through a Server problem?

Are u an utter tool, or is it just a persona you adopt for posting on here?
  • Like 3

Does Facebook 'Speedway Friends" have repeated forum breakdowns like a three day loss through a Server problem?

You cretin. No wonder you get banned all the time. Why don't you p.iss off to your facebook forums if it's such a big problem.

• Like 2

No. Only now you have told me these details. Obviously I am sorry to hear about the BSF owner's misfortune and trust all is improving for him.

My comments in regard to the Server problem were made at face value - by trying to get into the BSF then seeing the Server Message. Can't you see that? In no way were the meant as a personal attack on any person. But that possibility appears to be beyond your comprehension?

Thank you. It is an interesting site and I have an admiration for Karl Fiala's mastery of inter-net and Facebook technique. He has always been extremely helpful to me when I have needed technical assistance. It's goo to know that there are nice people involved in regard to the various forums, sites etc.

Too many on here seem to see Posts of some users and immediately - presumably more because of a personal dislike than the comment they are making - to endeavour to belittle them?

My answer is use of theBSF 'Ignore' facility and to also NOT be tempted into the message that indicates who is being ignored but carries a comment that you can view what they say via an entry method.

For someone who used to be a journalist, if your comment was not intended to be a dig, then your control of the English language is remarkably poor. Can you explain the logic of asking if Speedway Friends servers had been down for three days if you were purely concerned with your inability to access BSF? It's a little bit like when you seem unable to understand the use of pronouns and in the middle of a thread about a particular rider interject with "who is "he"", when a 5 year old could tell who is being referred to.

You could add a lot of value to the forum with your knowledge of stars of yesteryear, but instead seem to prefer to make moronic comments, or derogatory comments about the BSF (those two categories are not mutually exclusive), and then play the martyr card.

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 6

For someone who used to be a journalist, if your comment was not intended to be a dig, then your control of the English language is remarkably poor. Can you explain the logic of asking if Speedway Friends servers had been down for three days if you were purely concerned with your inability to access BSF? It's a little bit like when you seem unable to understand the use of pronouns and in the middle of a thread about a particular rider interject with "who is "he"", when a 5 year old could tell who is being referred to.

You could add a lot of value to the forum with your knowledge of stars of yesteryear, but instead seem to prefer to make moronic comments, or derogatory comments about the BSF (those two categories are not mutually exclusive), and then play the martyr card.

He did the same over on a yahoogroups email group that has been established for donkeys years.

Before he appeared, it was a nice little group, but when he came along, the snipes at moderators, slagging off the reliability of the group and basically constant derogatory comments suddenly infested the place, from him and him alone, on an almost hourly basis.

.....gustix.....

No. Only now you have told me these details. Obviously I am sorry to hear about the BSF owner's misfortune and trust all is improving for him.

My comments in regard to the Server problem were made at face value - by trying to get into the BSF then seeing the Server Message. Can't you see that? In no way were the meant as a personal attack on any person. But that possibility appears to be beyond your comprehension?

We all had the same problem but strangely you were the only one who made a derogatory comment once the forum was up and running again. Is it beyond your comprehension to understand why you get the replies you do?

• Like 7