British Speedway Forum
KEITH M

"speedway Friends"

Is this the worst ever speedway site??... It's on facebook and yesterday believe it or not someone had posted a thread actually joking about Tai Woffinden and Greg Hancocks injuries... I dared to criticise it and today I was told off a moderator not to mention it again, EVER.. Says it all really..

Is this the worst ever speedway site??... It's on facebook and yesterday believe it or not someone had posted a thread actually joking about Tai Woffinden and Greg Hancocks injuries... I dared to criticise it and today I was told off a moderator not to mention it again, EVER.. Says it all really..

bad lad!!!
  • Like 1

Facebook groups are what you make them.

I've been loving the old pictures that have been put up lately. Anything that gets silly on there I just ignore.

It got more morons than the BSF (and I'm a member of both :o). Some of the claims and stories posted on there are wonderful works of fiction. But some of the older photos that get posted and the subsequent stories are great. I just can't help myself when an idiot posts though

the trouble with all electronic discussions is getting the tone right - you often disagree with someone and face to face you can read facial expressions and hear voice tones but this all goes online and frankly some people find it a challenge to express themselves in writing in a way that they can manage verbally. Very few face to face discussions end up in abuse but about 50pc of online ones do!

• Like 8

Well, when you've got a moment to spare SCB can you finish off your signature because I'm intrigued now what I don't understand. ;)

Small minds have always lashed out and what they don't understand.

• Like 1

Some of it is harmless and as others have said most of the photos sent are quite good, but when you have mods telling you not to criticise people for making fun of riders being injured is just wrong imo... What I criticised was someone said it was Neils Kristian Iversens own fault that he got badly hurt as he didn't put his hand up to tell Tai he was stopping...

Try this Link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/198832456794185/

actually i find it a very interesting group, ex rider Karl Fiala is the main man, there are a lot of ex riders who are members, Cribby is one of them, Martin Mckinna, Deanno, Bert Harkins, the who are they and where are they now make for great reading, its also a way of catching up with old friends, I just stay away from the stupid debates, and get involved with whats reasonable, but i still cant resist occasionally having a word..lol

Gustix, i think you may find the site of interest.

I have a Speedway page on FB..............I try and keep it neutral and informative..........

I got banned from that particular page...........still don't know why as have never been told.........though there are some so called fans on there with their heads so far up their own backsides I am pleased to no longer be a part of it.......the anti Poole mentality is worse than on here..........

RP

• Like 2

I have a Speedway page on FB..............I try and keep it neutral and informative..........

I got banned from that particular page...........still don't know why as have never been told.........though there are some so called fans on there with their heads so far up their own backsides I am pleased to no longer be a part of it.......the anti Poole mentality is worse than on here..........

RP

Really!! :blink: :blink:

Is that possible? :blink: :blink:

Really!! :blink: :blink:

Is that possible? :blink: :blink:

No. It's just the Poole fans on there like to post, "no doubt it's Poole fault" which leads to someone pointing out that why Poole fans are hated as they always play the victim and the viscous circle continues as they then use that as proof Poole are hated.

You'd think though, after a while of being "hated" everywhere the Poole fans might just question why that is. If every where I went I was hated I'd have to start looking at myself - everyone else cannot be wrong can they? Its like the joke, Man put the news on to see that a car is driving the wrong way down the motorway. Worried for his wife who he knows will be using the motorway he calls her and tells her, "Be careful, theres a nutter driving the wrong way down the motorway". "One nutter?" she replies. "Everyone is driving the wrong way apart from me!"

Edited by SCB

Thanks for the clarification on the Links. How odd that FACEBOOK permit two forums to have the same name. I wonder if there are more out there in the Social Media with the same name?

Not really odd at all because they don't have the same name. One is called 'Speedway Friends, Riders, Fans & Veterans' and the other 'Speedway Friends'.

• Like 2

Yep it's the worst , over moderated and totally boring , say anything Karl Fiala doesn't agree with . Warned by him , debate anything he doesn't think should be debated Posts deleted . it's completlely pathetic that's why I left it ,

• Like 5