British Speedway Forum

Are there any pics of the re-vamped stadium anywhere that i can have a butchers at??

Your best bet is Facebook-Glasgow Tigers Speedway and Glasgow Tigers Discussion Group.

The website will no doubt get updated at some point Glasgow.Tigers.org

C'mon Paulco, Give us your pre meeting countdown!!!

Patience , wait till we know the way the sides are lining up in their 1-7's

only had a quick walk round the Peugeot Ashfield Stadium !!!!!!! today(after all the bikes were packed away). Still lots of work going on but its now a speedway stadium with a football pitch in the middle opposed to the other way round. Viewing of the track seems to be paramount with virtually no obstructions other than the electricity thing at the old pits bend 2. Looked like there was more room going into bend 1 but it could have been the fact you are now down track level making it seem wider. Huge Peugeot signage over the old greyhound scoreboard. Remember theres more to come, must be a dream...is it?..... :lol:

• Like 2

yes all corners are wider infact the complete track is wider by over a meter on the straights and a meter and a half around every corner now has plenty racing lines

• Like 2

So pleased for Glasgow supporters, have spent some of my most enjoyable hours as a speedway fan on the back straight at Ashfield in the sunshine with Paulco et al and its great to see such positive things happening at such a friendly and welcoming club. Pity its so far away or I'd pop up one weekend. Looking forward to the Sky meeting :cheers:

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

Even as an edin fan I really cannot wait till the Glasgow season kicks off won't make this Sunday but week after I will be bombing along the m8 to watch the new tigers. Well Done all involved.

2nd place in league should be a good reward for Ur efforts :P

• Like 3

It's excellent as was the Ipswich videos... You get the feeling that the clubs could do some very cool media work if the gospeed shackles were removed.

Can't understand why home meetings are not broadcast via an Internet paywall. Charge 12 pounds and reap the benefits from away fans who don't travel anymore.

Ice Hockey seem to manage it and they have a TV deal.

Basketball has BBL TV and a TV deal.

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 1

only one down side to the redevelopment of the ground.... there does not seem to be enough room in the pit garages for 2 bikes and there is limited working area with the separating walls between the riders pit area,s.... but that's about it, apart from the weather you guys have.... :t:

only one down side to the redevelopment of the ground.... there does not seem to be enough room in the pit garages for 2 bikes and there is limited working area with the separating walls between the riders pit area,s.... but that's about it, apart from the weather you guys have.... :t:

Do you think that they gave the brickies orders to build the pits any size they wanted? I'm sure measurements were taken to ensure that they were suitable for the requirements of the riders. :t: No doubt some people find faults in anything. By the way smart kevlars. :cheers:

maybe they used W-I-D-E-R bricks . lol..... just like the visiting teams @ Berwick go through....... are those last years redcar kevlars ?... only kidding... have a good years speedway...