British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

Now the Up To Date criteria is published i,m really looking forward to the season,have a good read of it najjer and digest it but dont choke on the humble pie jack is 100% eligible:-)

Now the Up To Date criteria is published i,m really looking forward to the season,have a good read of it najjer and digest it but dont choke on the humble pie jack is 100% eligible:-)

There is no humble pie to digest - as I always said all along that referencing the information presented to us by the BSPA on their website he didn't qualify.

What is interesting though - how does Ryan Fisher qualify now? He didn't ride 20 meetings last season and therefore doesn't qualify By ways of his average as his 2013 EL average is too low too - unless he like Holder now qualifies by means of his Championship back home. I'm sure you can confirm Lewy :-)

Edited by Najjer

There is no humble pie to digest - as I always said all along that referencing the information presented to us by the BSPA on their website he didn't qualify.

What is interesting though - how does Ryan Fisher qualify now? He didn't ride 20 meetings last season and therefore doesn't qualify By ways of his average as his 2013 EL average is too low too - unless he like Holder now qualifies by means of his Championship back home. I'm sure you can confirm Lewy :-)

I,ll let u know when I know for sure don't do assumptions or make statements based on out of date criteria however I am hopeful everything will be ok as i,m sure you are:-o

I,ll let u know when I know for sure don't do assumptions or make statements based on out of date criteria however I am hopeful everything will be ok as i,m sure you are:-o

Well you've been pretty vocal up until now - have you got to the bottom yet if your sponsors license is back yet, after thinking your lot never had it taken off them?

Looking good for the Devils

Plymouth Devils hope to have Ryan Fisher available for speedway opener

Edited by Falcon Hammer

Looking good for the Devils

Plymouth Devils hope to have Ryan Fisher available for speedway opener

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymouth-Devils-hope-Ryan-Fisher-available/story-26112961-detail/story.html

Full of pop ups that link.

Thanks Shads

Info from link below:

PLYMOUTH Devils team boss Lee Trigger is hoping a visa wrangle involving American star Ryan Fisher could be solved in time for the season opener later this month.

Fisher was facing a wait of up to two months before he joined the city speedway club because of problems over his UK visa.

The same problem has affected new Devils signing and Australian Jack Holder, younger brother of former world champion Chris, although the teenager is expected to join the club on time.

Trigger is optimistic that the Fisher situation will be sorted out before the clubs first meeting, the Spring Classic individual meeting at St Boniface Arena on Saturday, March 28.

He has learned unofficially that UK immigration officials will allow Fisher to race in Britain and he will line up with his team-mates on March 28.

Fisher, potentially, may not join the Devils until May if his visa problem is not resolved.

The Fisher problem arose after an investigation by immigration officials into other speedway clubs, which resulted in a blanket, if temporary, ban on importing riders from outside the European Union.

While Devils were completely blameless of any irregularities the investigation uncovered, they were still caught up in the fall out.

Trigger said: Ive seen nothing in writing yet, so Im not 100 per cent sure about it, but Ive heard that Ryan will be allowed to race here sooner rather than later.

It will certainly make things easier for me, because I would have had to get guest riders in to cover for Ryan until he could join us.

After the winter weve had (with the visa situation), I have to say that Im just looking forward to getting some racing done.

Fisher is scheduled to join Devils as their number one rider.

He has previously ridden for the city side in 2012, before agreeing to ride for the Peterborough Panthers the following year.

If he arrives on time, he is expected to be part of a strong line-up.

Trigger has re-signed Kyle Newman, who took over from Ben Barker as skipper last season.

The Devils team boss has also landed Morten Risager, one of last years successes, Sam Simota, plus reserves Ashley Morris and Sam Chapman.

Trigger said: We havent decided which others are to be invited.

We dont, for instance, want to invite someone who will be riding against us in our League Cup group.

Following the Spring Classic, Devils first organised competitive meeting will be at Somerset in the League Cup on April 3.

The following day, they face the south-west rivals in a second cup match at the St Boniface Arena.

TBF to the Fisher situation, the rule do say the BSPA can over rule in the case of injury - I'd say thats a fair over rule situation. He averaged 7.75 from 14 meetings

TBF to the Fisher situation, the rule do say the BSPA can over rule in the case of injury - I'd say thats a fair over rule situation. He averaged 7.75 from 14 meetings

What's the point in having the minimum meetings set to 20, if it isn't going to be used though?

Again, not saying I agree with it, but I'm not the one who sets the rules.

Edited by Najjer

aye, the bspa sets the rules, THEN BREAKS THEIR OWN RULES.

• Like 3

What's the point in having the minimum meetings set to 20, if it isn't going to be used though?

Again, not saying I agree with it, but I'm not the one who sets the rules.

While I do agree, the ruels do say exception can be made for injury and before injury Ryan was set to get over 7. He could have averaged 5 in his last 6 meetings and still hit the 7 point average - he'd do that all day long.

It's not as if it was only 2 or 3 meetings. 14 is a reasonable figure.

Certianly, IMO, a much better argument than Davies and Smith who made the choice not to ride in state finals (and in Kozzas case rode in one and finished 5th!)

aye, the bspa sets the rules, THEN BREAKS THEIR OWN RULES.

It's amazing really. Defies belief! But the clubs who gain from it just seem to be happy to have gained from it and fail to see the bigger picture.

Taken from the BSPA release.

3. The BSPA will consider applications for Discretionary Endorsements for riders who do not meet the above requirements on an individual discretionary basis. Decisions will be made by the BSPA Management Committee who will consider written applications from the club and/or rider concerned. The Management Committee will give written reasons for their decision. Factors to be taken into account when making a discretionary decision will be:-

o Whether the riders record in Speedway has been at the highest level and they will contribute significantly to the development of the sport.

o Whether exceptional factors prevented the rider from meeting the aforementioned endorsement requirements.

Like SCB, I think there is a good case for Fisher.

(bold print) so, does that mean that mason campton COULD have gained a work visa with worky for 2015 ? with mason being injured at the time of the aussie finals. according to MANY on the B.S.F.mason would have been in the top 4 and therefore qualify for aworking visa.

i await a claim form mason AGAINST the bspa for failing to act in accordance with the B.S.P.A

,s own rules.

loss of earnings spring to mind. B.S.P.A.... run by muppets...

While I do agree, the ruels do say exception can be made for injury and before injury Ryan was set to get over 7. He could have averaged 5 in his last 6 meetings and still hit the 7 point average - he'd do that all day long.

It's not as if it was only 2 or 3 meetings. 14 is a reasonable figure.

Certianly, IMO, a much better argument than Davies and Smith who made the choice not to ride in state finals (and in Kozzas case rode in one and finished 5th!)

It's amazing really. Defies belief! But the clubs who gain from it just seem to be happy to have gained from it and fail to see the bigger picture.

Why bother having a minimum of 20 meetings then, if 14 is good enough to qualify you?

The rules they've set (rightly or wrongly) allow for a scenario where a rider can come over, average 12.00 from 19 meetings and then be told the following season "Nah mate" as he didn't ride 20 meetings. This is the same scenario as Justin Sedgmen would of failed to qualify on his 6.99 had he not qualified through the State Championships.

I'm not saying the rule is a good rule, but why set rules and then allow them to be broke a couple of days later?