British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle V Edinburgh Koc Semi-final ?

Totally disagree arson the diamonds should have had respect for a national cup final, bigger than any one club. I understand your argument and have some sympathies with the diamonds not wanting to have a free week but in the build up to a cup final all promoters and the bspa should have been promoting the event. Instead we are talking about George English.

At the moment the one thing that the elite league do better than the Pl Is the dates and promotion of the play off semis and final. My guess is that is because of sky sports and all the self interest of promoters and clubs is removed.

An example of this is Friday where the monarchs are now running a double header to try to get promotion of the Ko cup final regardless of who gets through, I know that they normally avoid double headers at all costs.

• Like 1

all in all the panthers should have a bit respect for fellow teams though, either glasgow or newcastle had to ride v edinburgh in the semi final so surely they should have had the courtesy to realise planning a meeting on a sunday was a bit self centred?? Now if the panthers had paid riders earlier in the season and not dreamed up some H&S issues :) then they would have had an extea date to rin on their race night.... Or is the reason simply because they couldnt afford to run a bight time meeting?? Either way a little bit thought for others or even dialouge would go a long way.

We'll leave it there because hansfan tells me that "kennys alright !!! decent bloke" whereas if it had been "the geordie know it all" then I might have bothered, but he and George seem to be the only ones holding the same hymn sheet :D

We'll leave it there because hansfan tells me that "kennys alright !!! decent bloke"

He is lying
  • Like 2

He is lying

Well if it's anything like his horse tipping service (that's hansfan not Arson) then you may be correct :D

He is lying

:)

Well if it's anything like his horse tipping service (that's hansfan not Arson) then you may be correct :D

dont know weve had a good few touches :)

:)

dont know weve had a good few touches :)

Errrrrm - I'm not sure that you can say that sort of thing these days. :shock: :shock: :shock::blink: :blink:

Errrrrm - I'm not sure that you can say that sort of thing these days. :shock: :shock: :shock::blink: :blink:

his mrs is ok with it :) :)

Problem is that you can say it but you can't say that you disapprove!

his mrs is ok with it :) :)

Problem is that you can say it but you can't say that you disapprove!

Both good responses.

You are dead right about that too Crump99. :t:

Thiery Pjiper was originally brought in for Lewi. At this stage of the season there will be more options for booking guests so hopefully George English will pull a masterstroke and with all due respect to Thiery we will have a better guest! However he will know how to ride Armadale so maybe we will stick with him?

The reserve guest options have to be better in mid October so I have confidence in George bringing in a good guest for Millsy.

I think the winners of our cup-tie will go on to win the KO Cup. Fingers crossed its us, as the Diamonds have under-achieved this season and it would be great to win a trophy despite our problems

Edited by dantodan

Any news on Newcastle guests for this match?

at brough on sunday Richie's in for kerr,, but never heard who's in for chris mills yet

Thiery Pjiper was originally brought in for Lewi. At this stage of the season there will be more options for booking guests so hopefully George English will pull a masterstroke and with all due respect to Thiery we will have a better guest! However he will know how to ride Armadale so maybe we will stick with him?

The reserve guest options have to be better in mid October so I have confidence in George bringing in a good guest for Millsy.

I think the winners of our cup-tie will go on to win the KO Cup. Fingers crossed its us, as the Diamonds have under-achieved this season and it would be great to win a trophy despite our problems

Thanks for the reply, and I assume you mean Theo Pijper, but I don't imagine for one minute Newcastle would use Theo as a guest for this fixture. I can see the sense using him at Armadale, but not Brough Park.

I can't see why his form around Armadale would influence a guest booking for Brough Park either??

Just reading on the Edinburgh v Newcastle thread that Richie Worrall guests for Lewis Kerr at Brough Park

Edited by Blacksmith

Thanks for the reply, and I assume you mean Theo Pijper, but I don't imagine for one minute Newcastle would use Theo as a guest for this fixture. I can see the sense using him at Armadale, but not Brough Park.

I can't see why his form around Armadale would influence a guest booking for Brough Park either??

Just reading on the Edinburgh v Newcastle thread that Richie Worrall guests for Lewis Kerr at Brough Park

Good News about Richie. :t::approve: :approve:

Edited by The White Knight