British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Ipswich ( P L Play-offs) - Friday, October 3rd (7.30pm)

Having had a look at the teams, this will be close.

EWR is still the best race track in the country so it could also be real cracker.

Hope it gets the attendance it deserves.

• Like 1

Having had a look at the teams, this will be close.

EWR is still the best race track in the country so it could also be real cracker.

Hope it gets the attendance it deserves.

I'll be there ! :wink:

Racing was merely average last Friday when the Rebels were in town. I hope that the track is in tip top condition for tonight.

I'll be there ! :wink:

Racing was merely average last Friday when the Rebels were in town. I hope that the track is in tip top condition for tonight.

It wasn't brilliant last week...........but it was still better than many tracks get.

It wasn't brilliant last week...........but it was still better than many tracks get.

Agree. We're really spoilt at the EWR week in week out.

:P

A lot of our advantage was, how shall I put it, "ironed out" when Rob relaid the track during the winter. Now it's too smooth & doesn't catch riders out in the rough stuff where we just wind it on with gusto!

3 regular high scorers out and our reserve who has done nothing all season back in, it really is the best chance the Witches will ever get to beat us at the EWR. Josh, Thomas and David have got to score big , but I fear the two Riches being ex Scorpions will do some damage. Weather looks perfect too.

Same old story Ipswich fans, when a couple of the riders needed to stand up and be counted, they politely sat down

• Like 1

Super win for Scunthorpe. Backs to the wall stuff and in my opinion, against the odds. Just a home win required now for the Rebels!

Super win for Scunthorpe. Backs to the wall stuff and in my opinion, against the odds. Just a home win required now for the Rebels!

I actually thought ER,tonight would of been easier for the scorpions they have been unlucky generally with injuries having lost Birks,Douglas, Klintd.Edinburgh win it for me certainly now with no Kurtz for Somerset,it will be good to watch though. Edited by sidney

Same old story Ipswich fans, when a couple of the riders needed to stand up and be counted, they politely sat down

sounds like a frustating nights watching for you Baldyman.

Very disappointed that we fell just short. Rohan EF in 13 cost us a point although I dont think that wouldve been enough anyway given the race point position.

Dont think anyone will give us a prayer at Somerset. Definitely the Rebels to lose now!

Witches progress now would take a miracle of huge proportions.

I actually thought ER,tonight would of been easier for the scorpions they have been unlucky generally with injuries having lost Birks,Douglas, Klintd.Edinburgh win it for me certainly now with no Kurtz for Somerset,it will be good to watch though.

About time you got yourself along to the OTA Sidders. You are missing some cracking racing their this season.

So the Witches failing to capitalize against half a Somerset team on Thursday and again tonight against a patched up Scunthorpe means the group is pretty much over leaving the Southern smugs to take on the official ones from north of the border in the final !

To be honest though , 1st v 2nd is probably the fairest final to have anyway .

• Like 6

Very disappointed that we fell just short. Rohan EF in 13 cost us a point although I dont think that wouldve been enough anyway given the race point position.

Dont think anyone will give us a prayer at Somerset. Definitely the Rebels to lose now!

he did engine fail at all, he was sitting on the wrong piece of track like he did all night and one went around him and one up the inside at the same time, and instead of sticking his elbows out or fighting it out, he lost his bottle and shut off letting them both past, he then gave up, no engine failure involved there

he did engine fail at all, he was sitting on the wrong piece of track like he did all night and one went around him and one up the inside at the same time, and instead of sticking his elbows out or fighting it out, he lost his bottle and shut off letting them both past, he then gave up, no engine failure involved tthere. The only 2 people brave enough to properly race the track was Worrall and Hawkins.

Fair enough BM - updates stated EF while leading.