British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

A huge thank you to Scunthorpe for sparing us another season of Carl Wilkinson, really a massive thanks!

:t::party::cheers:

Mods: think thats worth a ban!..

Could it be owt to do with that track you got up in teddy bear land? . Wilkos a racer and he will be happy to be back home on a proper speedway track. From my vantage point the STMP aint a racers track. Total trick track in my opinion.

Has a look of a team done a budget.

Surely, every team should be done on a budget? :unsure:

• Like 2

Surely, every team should be done on a budget? :unsure:

Okay if you want to be pedantic,

A smaller budget.

Okay if you want to be pedantic,

A smaller budget.

I agree pal everyone else knew what you meant and didn't need to be so condescending.

With a team like that on EWR's excellent race track I can see Scunny heading my most visited list next season :approve:

Scunny programme board back on the Christmas present list.

• Like 3

as a Sheffield fan who enjoys his visits to the EWR(the best race track in the country) I think that team has a solid look about it and sure you will get your excitement at home meetings whilst maybe not challenging for a play off spot, I would be happy that I am going to get my fix of exciting racing over there this season, I would take a close 46 - 44 anyday over a 60 - 30 one sided drubbing, douglas, and auty could easily put 2 points onto their average, howe and wilko could put a point on, and the unknowns at reserve should hold their assessed average if not increase them, davies may struggle to hold his, so you have a team of racers and entertainers, its time for you scorps to get behind the promotion and the team while you still have one, it took long enough to get racing back in the town.

• Like 1

I love last heat deciders regardless of the result, problem as I see it is to many scunny fans yearn for the days of 06/07 when we murdered everyone at home but in fairness the racing was over 90% of the time by the first corner then it was mainly about the scunny riders playing about with each other. Prefer it as it is now when the opposition are racing as well

I'll bet Edinburgh fans this year loved murdering all visiting teams. It won them the league. I'm surprised at you coming out with a statement like that!......I'll own up I support speedway always hoping for my team to win, can't see the point otherwise.

I'll bet Edinburgh fans this year loved murdering all visiting teams. It won them the league. I'm surprised at you coming out with a statement like that!......I'll own up I support speedway always hoping for my team to win, can't see the point otherwise.

Seriously, I hated it. It was pleasing at first and then teams started having riders who were showing up beaten before we turned a wheel and gave up if they missed the gate.

I agree pal everyone else knew what you meant and didn't need to be so condescending.

Pot & Kettle springs to mind with that post after reading some off your replies to other poster's.

while winning championships is great i would much rather watch entertaining speedway, winning at home every week is important but would much rather see 46-44 every week then see big thumpings. this is why i love the ewr as it sends me home feeling entertained every week. looking forward to see what this 2015 team serves up, roll on march

• Like 3

June you know me well enough and I always go hoping we will win but if we don't then never mind as long as the entertainment is high I'm satisfied. Results wise back in the day the scores were massive but in my opinion the racing wasn't as good still watch the video of Mr Dennis coming from behind to get us the 65 15 win over Newport good ride but not outstanding it lives in the memory for what it achieved rather than the quality of the race and most meeting were like that. Just my opinion

The sport is competitive, the riders race for points. points win trophies..... excitement takes over. I'm not saying wins have to be massive. will be better this year as if I understand it right Its 3 pts a home win ( no more 2 pointers ) . That's me, can't help it, I always want to win.....and I'm used to not always getting my own way. Don't let it worry you!

• Like 1

Mods: think thats worth a ban!..

Could it be owt to do with that track you got up in teddy bear land? . Wilkos a racer and he will be happy to be back home on a proper speedway track. From my vantage point the STMP aint a racers track. Total trick track in my opinion.

Never a truer word spoke. And it is supposed to be a 'purpose built' race track Laughable!