British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

That's the whole point, the BSPA aren't the ones setting the rules, that's been the problem in the past. They will do as they are told.

people who think they know actually know nothing :lol:

• Like 8

That's the whole point, the BSPA aren't the ones setting the rules, that's been the problem in the past. They will do as they are told.

Well whatever you think of past actions it seems that the BSPA have persuaded the UKVI that they are fit to be the expert governing body for endorsements of visas.

Perhaps there has also been revision of criteria and averages as part of the discussions - we will all find out in time!

• Like 1

Noting that both Mason Campton and Mathew Weathers have both been moved aside at Workington in favour of Rusty Harrison and Nathan Greaves. That's seems to indicate a while flag going up against the UKVI Visa problems from Comets. Mmmmmmm

Looks like I am answering my own questions here but; Ryan was second in the 2014 Australian U21 Championship and third in the Queensland State title in 2013; that covers the minimum 4th place or higher in the State Championship criteria.

Alex Davies was actually born in the UK; although his parents are both Australian nationals. Alex was fourth in the Australian U21 Champions in 2013. Alex also had a 7.38 CMA with Somerset in 2013, So that surely boxes him off for us.

Notwithstanding Rob has posted to allay concerns. Sorry but the Campton/Weathers outcome set the alarm bells ringing for me again. Pass me the tablets!!

Looks like I am answering my own questions here but; Ryan was second in the 2014 Australian U21 Championship and third in the Queensland State title in 2013; that covers the minimum 4th place or higher in the State Championship criteria.

Alex Davies was actually born in the UK; although his parents are both Australian nationals. Alex was fourth in the Australian U21 Champions in 2013. Alex also had a 7.38 CMA with Somerset in 2013, So that surely boxes him off for us.

Notwithstanding Rob has posted to allay concerns. Sorry but the Campton/Weathers outcome set the alarm bells ringing for me again. Pass me the tablets!!

Under 21s don't count & 2013 doesn't count, unless the criteria have been relaxed some.

• Like 1

Ryan finished in a top 4 in a state title this winter before he injured his knee so is fine. Alex is different but hope rule wording might change to say 7pt average in your last race season (so in effect your incoming average already obtained)

• Like 1

Ryan finished in a top 4 in a state title this winter before he injured his knee so is fine. Alex is different but hope rule wording might change to say 7pt average in your last race season (so in effect your incoming average already obtained)

Surely Alex having attained +7 CMA in 2013 will be ok. In his last full season he reached the threashold. If push comes to shove Alex was born here!!. So we give right to stay to Somali criminals and such like and then haggle over pts threasholds and state titles for English born Aussie Speedway riders! who are actually here for all the right reasons.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 3

Are them dim wits on the UKVI Border control "sleep eazy" looking at the code for Visa's = IS for International Speedway rider - "G'day welcome to the UK don't let me delay you a moment longer; what a fine profession Speedway is Sir" Have a great summer.

And getting it mixed up with IS = Warning!!!!! Islamic State UK based terrorist - see the door marked EXIT!.

Edited by the outsider

Surely Alex having attained +7 CMA in 2013 will be ok. In his last full season he reached the threashold. If push comes to shove Alex was born here!!. So we give right to stay to Somali criminals and such like and then haggle over pts threasholds and state titles for English born Aussie Speedway riders! who are actually here for all the right reasons.

Being born here didn't help Alex last year did it? Being born in the UK after 1983 is irrelevant - pre-83 he'd have been ok.

He falls into the same category as Kozza Smith if as you say he was born here then the question is why did he have Visa difficulties last year after he signed with Plymouth.

If the wording in terms off averaging of 7 points or more applies from the previous season then Davies & Smith will in all likelihood be refused i hope this is not the case for both but if the rules are applied correctly both will sit out British speedway again.

he may have been born here but i believe a british passport was not applied for or availble to him, remember something when he first came over i think was going to sign for kings lynn (if im right), but due to his average couldnt and ended up with newport.

Edited by brewer

IIRC his patriality was too far back in his family for him to be a three.

IIRC his patriality was too far back in his family for him to be a three.

Correct, so instead of joining Kings Lynn on a 3.00 he ended up replacing Grant Tregoning at Newport on a 5.00.

You know what can I be really honest. I am sick of all this; I want to watch Professional Speedway Riders (no matter where they come from) on the race track a highly skilled occupation that ONLY A MINUTE NUMBER OF PEOPLE in the entire world can perfect to the required standard. Try it if you don't believe me; its not something anyone can just turn up and do.

This is ruining it for me and everyone in Speedway; and not least people like Rob who's business it is. I think this does have serious implications for the Business of Scunthorpe Speedway. A lot of money; time and consideration has been invested in Ryan Douglas who (if here) will be one of THE break out riders in World Speedway in 2015. We cannot just sideline such a valuable club asset like this and then spend more money bringing in an EU based rider who WILL COST US a whole lot more. Its just plain crazy.

We cannot just go out and sign a couple of up and coming Brits and bang them in. Not with standing their lack of ability alongside Ryan and Alex; I would contend that such a practice is actually dangerous. These idiots at the UKVI know nothing about Speedway; they probably think its cycle speedway (no disrespect) or like riding out on a trail bike.

Such is the impact on the Business; that I would not blame Rob & Management if they just said "sod it" and pulled the team out of the Premier League rather than field a "make shift" team in 2015 and the season already effectively over for us before it started. All this Visa nonsense going on when we are all just looking forward to an exciting Scorpions team and getting back to the Speedway in a few weeks. Aaaaaargh!!!

Edited by the outsider

so you have to be 31 years old before you can start your U.K. racing.