British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thebaron

Scunthorpe 2015

This is bloody superb!. If you werent fired up for the new season you will be when you've seen this. Some great tunes as well!!!!

Ladies & Gentlemen & Kids ...ELLIS PERKS!

Gimme Some Lovin by Spencer Davis Group ! Might have to add that one to the Scorps 2015 sound track Baz.

Perksy might prefer that to my INXS suggestion? Crackin track.

Ellis has got Your Needs Covered! I like it ! Quality

Very good professional DVD, very similar to the one that Ash Birks brought out when he first started.

Maybe not a trick as such as Theo was always avaliable for any team that could fit him in and that place became an option at Scunthorpe he was alway's going to get snapped up sooner or later but Theo is more a 2nd or 3rd heatleader as back up he was only No 1 last season due to our real No 1 being absolute gash but he will not let you down he is and will continue to be a very reliable performer good piece of business as a short term replacement for Douglas.

And it really wouldn't surprise me if Theo retains his place even when Douglas is fit and someone else is sacrificed he really is that reliable.

Think the magic bit was he still available Gaz. Relible we need and Theo would seem to tick that box.

His away average from 19 meetings was 5.63 does not include double or bonus points.Half off these meetings were from positions 2 or 4 and the rest from position 5

By rough calculation from an overall CMA of 7.09 that gives a home average of 8.55, not too shabby.

.I would say Glasgows top 4 at this stage in their careers are better than Theo. You can have a 6 point average by winning heat 8 and 3 third places in your other rides we are looking for better my opinion

General opinion on here seems to be that the brethren aren't with you in dropping Pijper. Morris and Lawson are genuine No 1's and its unfair to compare TP with them, he is after all a third heat leader and even rode at reserve for us in 2011. As for Summers and Smith, can only disagree. Summers is one that still baffles me and only his age and non work permit status seems to be in his favour of signing him, never mind buying him as an asset. He will never be a rider of the standard of Pijper IMO, though for this season I think he'll be the Richard Sweetman of 2011 with his shortcomings likely over looked in a strong side.

We still have Kozza unable to enter the country and who knows what preparation he may have done if any for the new season bearing in mind he may be refused a work permit. Pijper could have filled that slot for this season anyway and we could have gone after Kozza for 2016 after all money talks.

• Like 1

No worries Glasgee fans; quite welcome on the Scorps thread anytime; it is easy to see how valued Theo is up there.

It is ok looking good in practice, even some novices looked good but it is on a race prepared surface where I will reserve judgement. I spoke to Wilko about how his preparations were going & he said he is set up for the track but the set ups will be different when racing.

I, also, expect he will look good today as he will, mainly, be the one in the dirt finding the quicker lines but it is all about learning the race craft & different racing lines. I will wait for the early evening replies.

been down and watched nike's first 3 races. looked good in first 2 although a bit sluggish out of the gate he won fairly easily but got beat by both greenwoods (olly&dan) into 3rd. very close no more than half a bikes length between nike and dan on line and nike would have easily done him if there were some dirt to work with, blue groove appeared after only a few heats so cant really judge him too much on the track the way it was. nike does have a cool hairstyle though makes aaron summers look nearly bald lol

looks more harpo m\arx,, there was some good racing today from everybody, nike did really well seeing he hasnt had much track time., how many laps have dan and ollie had round here, i believe he will be similar to josh as his starting was hit and miss but had speed when behind, its gonna be awesome this year watching all of them winding up for outside passing on the last lap

• Like 1

Nike looked like a talent and a real racer. Auty, Wilko, Nike and Douglas(when back) exciting season ahead.

• Like 1

Did Arthur sissis ride today ?

No he didn't,I was sure he would have been in it today...perfect practice for the lad

Arthur was at Redcar yesterday with josh bates having a practice he looked quick but not as fast as josh Likes a wheelie or 2 think he will be a bit of a showman lol

Edited by mac101
  • Like 1

So just how does Alex Davies qualify for a work permit? Didnt finish top 4 in a state final and didnt average over 7 last season.

Probably under the case by case appeal section under the fact that his average in his last race season was over 7

• Like 1