British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2015

Regulations say thus

If a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is divided by 0.6, subject to the maximum converted MA being 12.00

Looks like 0.6, sorry tel

Regulations say thus

If a Rider has only an EL Established MA from the previous season, then a conversion is necessary; the EL MA is divided by 0.6, subject to the maximum converted MA being 12.00

Looks like 0.6, sorry tel

wouldnt that be from 2014 regs though.

2015 not yet published??

2015 not yet published??

That's what I think 5.5 divided 0.6 comes out as 9.1666 recurring NOT 7.70

Tel

7.70 7.70.7.70.7.70.7.70

......................... 1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4. or does it need to be made clearer. time to move on i feel...

• Like 2

2015 not yet published??

Of course, 2015 regs won't be out until January next year.

7.70 7.70.7.70.7.70.7.70

......................... 1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4.1.4. or does it need to be made clearer. time to move on i feel...

Agreed!!

So if e =mc2, double it, and take away the first number you thought of does it make it 7.70 žzzzzzzzzzzz what a borefest

coppied from a post made on workington forum from 1 of the management team

hope it shuts a few of the know it alls up who actually dont know as much as they think

Right, there seems to be confusion everywhere on the change in conversion rate so I will explain the logic. (could someone share this with the BSF).

At the Pre-AGM the "weakening" of the Elite League in 2014 with use of fast track and the change in race format meant that the old conversion rate (1.6 x EL average = PL assessed average) was outdated and needed looked at.

We looked at all the data available from the EL stats and tried to correlate between averages achieved by the PL riders in the EL and their performances in the PL, the issue was that riders in a second string position in the EL got somewhat "easier" rides. After reviewing the figures it was noted that the overall standard of the EL was closer than previous and to keep the 1.6 conversion would exclude some riders from riding in the PL. The data indicated the conversion should actually be between 1.3 and 1.4

At the AGM the proposal was therefore made to reduce the conversion from 1.6 to 1.4 of any rider who wanted to "drop" into the Premier League. This of course caused an issue from the top end of the EL as well who in theory had "harder" rides due to the race format and we needed to make sure that this was not an issue. IT was therefore proposed and accepted that only riders with a current EL average of 6 or less could drop into the PL.

I don't like using the word drop as it indicates a different level and standard between the 2 leagues and for several reasons I believe the 2 leagues to be closer in standard than ever now, in fact, in my opinion we no longer have two tears of professional speedway but 2 different leagues.

All these riders who now want to ride in the PL have had the opportunity in the past and have not seen it as the "right thing to do", their chance may have gone or they may have to wait to get a less than 6 average!.

The whole thing is about ensuring going forward the PL remains a strong product as well as ensuring that PL teams bring talent through.

The conversion rates from PL to EL did not change as this was not discussed by the EL promoters so anyone moving from PL to EL will still be converted at the old rate.

Hope this clarifies.

coppied from a post made on workington forum from 1 of the management team

hope it shuts a few of the know it alls up who actually dont know as much as they think

Right, there seems to be confusion everywhere on the change in conversion rate so I will explain the logic. (could someone share this with the BSF).

At the Pre-AGM the "weakening" of the Elite League in 2014 with use of fast track and the change in race format meant that the old conversion rate (1.6 x EL average = PL assessed average) was outdated and needed looked at.

We looked at all the data available from the EL stats and tried to correlate between averages achieved by the PL riders in the EL and their performances in the PL, the issue was that riders in a second string position in the EL got somewhat "easier" rides. After reviewing the figures it was noted that the overall standard of the EL was closer than previous and to keep the 1.6 conversion would exclude some riders from riding in the PL. The data indicated the conversion should actually be between 1.3 and 1.4

At the AGM the proposal was therefore made to reduce the conversion from 1.6 to 1.4 of any rider who wanted to "drop" into the Premier League. This of course caused an issue from the top end of the EL as well who in theory had "harder" rides due to the race format and we needed to make sure that this was not an issue. IT was therefore proposed and accepted that only riders with a current EL average of 6 or less could drop into the PL.

I don't like using the word drop as it indicates a different level and standard between the 2 leagues and for several reasons I believe the 2 leagues to be closer in standard than ever now, in fact, in my opinion we no longer have two tears of professional speedway but 2 different leagues.

All these riders who now want to ride in the PL have had the opportunity in the past and have not seen it as the "right thing to do", their chance may have gone or they may have to wait to get a less than 6 average!.

The whole thing is about ensuring going forward the PL remains a strong product as well as ensuring that PL teams bring talent through.

The conversion rates from PL to EL did not change as this was not discussed by the EL promoters so anyone moving from PL to EL will still be converted at the old rate.

Hope this clarifies.

Well they're wrong on line three. The conversion rate has never been 1.6 so if this is the expert proof that says the rate is now 1.4 excuse me if I file it under, "doesn't know what they're talking about"

Also the bollocks about, "I don't like using the word drop as it indicates a different level and standard between the 2 leagues" - erm, if there was no drop there would be no need for a conversion rate. FFS, sometimes the human race makes me want to top myself as I don't want to live in a World with people like this.

Edited by SCB

depends what methord you use to work things out

im sure the offial figures for signed riders will become clear unless somerset are bringing in more riders from danish league

depends what methord you use to work things out

im sure the offial figures for signed riders will become clear unless somerset are bringing in more riders from danish league

There is no method for working it out with 1.60 is is 0.60.

hansons average has been reported as el 5.5 and prem as 7.70

if i multiply 5.50 by 1.4 i get 7.70 thats the figure quoted so i take that to be the correct way of working it out

old conversion rate would be el 5.50 muliply by 1.6 = old prem average of 8.80

if i multiply 5.50 by 1.4 i get 7.70 thats the figure quoted so i take that to be the correct way of working it out

5.50 divided by 0.60 = 9.17 old Premier average.

• Like 2

NO. The old rate was 0.6 not 1.6, how many more times? 5.5/0.6 = 9.17. The 1.6 is made up, not real, never happened. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either confused, wrong, stupid or repeating something they heard from someone who is confused, wrong or stupid.