British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Terrific for Coventry Harris & Garrity guesting for Lynn.

They clearly want us in the final + if they get Poole, Garrity gets track time round Wimborne

• Like 2

....unless Coventry want Poole in the final & Harris/Garrity have off nights tomorrow night...! ;)

Surprised the Bees allowed that, I'd be inclined not to allow my riders to guest before a play off final. Should add some spice to the meeting though as Harris is always entertaining at Wimborne Rd and Garrity is good to watch as he's an out and out trier and a little bit mad :)

I reckon that teams who need guests in the playoffs, whether it be a semi or the final, should not be allowed to use a guest from any other team that has been involved in the playoffs.

• Like 5

....unless Coventry want Poole in the final & Harris/Garrity have off nights tomorrow night...! ;)

Just beat me to it :D

This "works" for Coventry but IMO, riders should be play-off-tied. Once you ride for a team in the play-offs you can ride for no other. Certainly not if it was your team your rode for in the play-offs. Guests are slightly different.

Buster made some intetresting comments in the Local EDP newspaper.

All 14 riders refused to take to the Wimborne Road shale after attempts to make the circuit rideable caused a giant hole to appear on turn one. Rain during the day had made the raceway slippery and – unlike in the first leg at 
Lynn despite equally wet conditions – Pirates’ staff were unable to get the meeting on.

“It’s just a shame they’ve got no new material here,” said Chapman, whose side will have to make the long trip back to Poole on Thursday for the re-arranged meeting. “I can’t believe that a stadium and track with so much pedigree and professionals has got no spare shale to put in. To be honest, one good load of shale would have had the job fixed. You can’t put stones in a hole and that’s what they tried to do. It’s a sorry state to be quite honest with you. We put so much passion and pride into what we do at Lynn and I don’t understand why others don’t do it.”

Buster always tells it like it is.

• Like 7

Harris and Garrity in for Lynn. Poole remain as they were with Milik back.

That's shot some of the Poole haters down in flames :D

Good chance for Harris and Garrity to get some practice on the track but hope both stay safe.

If Buster was concerned about the lack of shale available at Poole maybe the fans from lynn ought to take some and throw it on the track :D

• Like 2

Batchelor guesting for poole

I'm agreeing with previous comments. No way that guests should be allowed from other play off teams. There's too much riding on it!! I just hope they put their opinions to one side and get us in the final. Cmon the Stars!!

• Like 2

Only in Speedway would 2 riders guest for a team to only possibly face them a few days later.

Come on Poole!

Matt Ford and Poole are the only reason why there still is an EL so credit were credit is due I say.

In fairness gater, you say a ot more than that, and quite often. :D Just surprised you couldnt find a way to give Robert Lambert a mention in that post.

• Like 1

Harris and Garrity in for Lynn. Poole remain as they were with Milik back.

That's shot some of the Poole haters down in flames :D

There'd be bloody uproar if any of our riders were guesting for Poole :D

Completely ridiculous situation though, but it is what it is ...I thought I could sit back and enjoy this meeting tomorrow, but now I'm going to be worried about injuries, especially Jason, we all know what he can be like!

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Good chance for Harris and Garrity to get some practice on the track but hope both stay safe.

Wont do them no good, as those sneaky Poole lot will move the hole on the first bend. It will be in a different place next week. :D

• Like 4