British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Just to be factual for a moment - Poole Stadium is not available for Speedway this Sunday/Monday!!

The rearranged semi final 2nd leg on Wednesday 15th October is exactly 12 months on from when Poole won at Birmingham in last year's final (Tuesday 15th October 2013).

Was it rained off on the monday? Didn't remember it was run on a tuesday and i was there!! It was last year on a monday at Poole wasn't it? Why can't we run on a sunday/monday, most sky meetings are on a monday so we must have run a monday earlier in the season.

If it was drying the covers should have been on to save what had already been saved.

It was drying but still too wet to put covers on.

I'm a 9-5 officer person (10-4 actually with some flexi) and i do have a fair degree of flexibility. but right now, we could be at Poole or Lynn any time in he next few weeks - I need to book time off and I can't. Poole I can make any day really - finish at 4, be there for 6.30 but I'd prefer to book the next day off so I can stay over and celebrate a league fun (or drink to forget a loss!) as last time we won it away I had to leave and drive home that night and regretted it).

Again, it's a case of "screw the fans". Why are we not being given dates?

I finish my shift block next Wednesday so by the time I finish I won't know who we are riding against or the dates. Not back in till the Monday where maybe the final will take place. I'm hoping they at least give us a plan of what they intend to do so I can at least try and arrange some time off, otherwise I will have to make a guess when I'm back in on Sunday.

This is why I rarely book time off for league meetings.

Let's just rewind to Monday night for a moment - it was clearly stated that the meeting would have gone ahead had it not been for the hole on turn 1

Therefore, the meeting WAS NOT POSTPONED BECAUSE OF A WATERLOGGED TRACK!

If Poole have admitted that the hole was their own fault, then obviously they are responsible for the meeting having to be called off

Perhaps, therefore, given those circumstances, they should have forfeited the semi-final, allowing the final to go ahead, weather permitting, as scheduled

Only Poole are responsible for this - no-one or nothing else is

This is just getting ridiculous, only quoting this post but there are multiple similar ones. It has rained very heavy in this area since Sunday, the track was soaked down to its base and very soft. lots of work went on to correct this and improve with a view to getting the race meeting on, including blading the track.

The track was very soft in places and on the bend it tore up when it was trying to be stripped back. This was caused by the weather and track staff having a go to produce a rideable track, it is very disingenuous to the hard working staff to throw lots of accusations about. There are only one set of covers, as a consequence only one match went ahead, if the covers went to Poole instead of Swindon would there be this great conspiracy theory against Swindon, it is also pure conjecture that the covers would have saved the Poole match, but it might have been enough. With regards to Thursday it was absolutely impossible to stage a match after all the torrential rain on the Thursday and days leading up to it, the last heavy cloudburst was approx 7pm

Edited by R-d-f
  • Like 2

Let's just rewind to Monday night for a moment - it was clearly stated that the meeting would have gone ahead had it not been for the hole on turn 1

If Poole have admitted that the hole was their own fault, then obviously they are responsible for the meeting having to be called off

Perhaps, therefore, given those circumstances, they should have forfeited the semi-final, allowing the final to go ahead, weather permitting, as scheduled

Brilliant Explanation:

Even all those die-hard Poole fans should be able to comprehend that.

All this reasoning of waterlogged track is just an excuse to move the blame................

So we forfeit everything because of one persons mistake!!

This is just getting ridiculous, only quoting this post but there are multiple similar ones. It has rained very heavy in this area since Sunday, the track was soaked down to its base and very soft. lots of work went on to correct this and improve with a view to getting the race meeting on, including blading the track.

The track was very soft in places and on the bend it tore up when it was trying to be stripped back. This was caused by the weather and track staff having a go to produce a rideable track, it is very disingenuous to the hard working staff to throw lots of accusations about. There are only one set of covers, as a consequence only one match went ahead, if the covers went to Poole instead of Swindon would there be this great conspiracy theory against Swindon, it is also pure conjecture that the covers would have saved the Poole match, but it might have been enough. With regards to Thursday it was absolutely impossible to stage a match after all the torrential rain on the Thursday and days leading up to it, the last heavy cloudburst was approx 7pm

finally an insight into the problems, its causes and reasons... Cheers

So we forfeit everything because of one persons mistake!!

So if Middlo picks the wrong riders for a last heat decider is that a mistake? Does that count?

If a rider sets his bike up incorrectly, is that a mistake?

Yes, when you make mistakes you lose out. Unless you're Poole it seems.

So we forfeit everything because of one persons mistake who with others work tirelessly to get the track in a raceable condition.

So if Middlo picks the wrong riders for a last heat decider is that a mistake? Does that count?

If a rider sets his bike up incorrectly, is that a mistake?

Yes, when you make mistakes you lose out. Unless you're Poole it seems.

We are all human and humans make mistakes but if as in this case we can re-run the meeting in order to get a acceptable outcome for all concerned surely that is the best solution.

If Poole had not won the league you would be saying that Kings Lynn should go straight in to the final as league winners.

So get ya flipping drainage sorted Poole, spend some of that money you get in from being the best supported team in the country to sort the most important asset to your club, the track!

You had the track relaid and did nothing about drainage, come on!!!

Your correct drainage has always been an issue at Poole since i can remember, i really don't know why but it definately needs sorting although buster saying if it had rained all day he would have got it sorted by 7.30 doesn't wash(pardon the pun) as his track didn't start until 8.30 and it had stopped when i got there at 7.

Buster would have given it a damn good go. I have turned up at Saddlebow thinking why has this meeting not been called off, and been quite angry that my time, fuel and admission had been wasted. Only to find an hour or so later Buster has pulled it round, ripped the top off and made a track, although not perfect, acceptable to ride on.

Forever if, as you say this problem has been a long standing one, then surely the track staff knew full well they had no hope of pulling it around why Didnt Matt Ford stand up and call it off long before riders and fans had travelled ? What excuse could he have for wasting everybodys time and money ?

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

What a load of utter drivel as usual. Poole are not to blame for this and certainly shouldn't forfeit the meeting.

The track on Monday was in a dire condition due to the rain. Even if there was not a hole in the track, it would still of been rain soaked joke of a meeting, with no racing just riders struggling to stay on the bike. Anybody who think's thats fair or entertaining racing is clearly deluded and clearly can't see why riders don't want to waste time with British speedway.

Poole did not put a hole in their track, don't be so ridiculous. The majority of British tracks are neglected and not taken care of properly. This isn't just Poole so stop kidding yourselves. For whatever reason the track had a big rut in the first corner and they couldn't fix it enough to get riding. It was raining all day on Monday, it wasn't like they had much opportunity to get it fixed.

I hope Poole wipe the floor with King's Lynn and I'll be cheering at the top of my voice when we beat Coventry in the final.

• Like 1

So get ya flipping drainage sorted Poole, spend some of that money you get in from being the best supported team in the country to sort the most important asset to your club, the track!

You had the track relaid and did nothing about drainage, come on!!!

Nothing to do with the Speedway side mate. Its down to the Stadium.

We are all human and humans make mistakes but if as in this case we can re-run the meeting in order to get a acceptable outcome for all concerned surely that is the best solution.

If Poole had not won the league you would be saying that Kings Lynn should go straight in to the final as league winners.

Nah, SCB doesn't make any mistakes. He's not Human.. :rofl:

Not bad...55 pages on this thread and we haven't even had the meeting yet. Must be some kind of record!

Yeh, we like setting records at Poole. We've been very good at it in the last 15 years actually.. :party: