British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Nothing to do with the Speedway side mate. Its down to the Stadium.

Swindon have the same problem, the dog people own the stadium and some the changes re drainage between the dog track and speedway track are not able to be done.

Hopefully the new stadium will resolve most of the drainage problems that we have had in the past.

Edited by A ORLOV

Nah, SCB doesn't make any mistakes. He's not Human.. :rofl:

We all make mistakes. But we pay for them. Or fix them ASAP. If my mistakes at work put people out the company I work for pays for it. I then get at least a bollocking from my boss, maybe even my P45.

We all make mistakes. But we pay for them. Or fix them ASAP. If my mistakes at work put people out the company I work for pays for it. I then get at least a bollocking from my boss, maybe even my P45.

Why haven't you had your p45 yet then!!

• Like 1

Has the Poole track got the best base possible, ask Buster?

Surely the dogs wouldn't mind if a bloody great hole was dug in your centre green over winter for drainage and the turf put back on, nobody would know it had been done come the start of the season?

The first article hits the nail on the head there.

The season should have started sooner with there being more fixtures this season but hey ho nothing can be done now.

I'd imagine in 2015 there will be less fixtures (as less teams) and with the Aussie SGP set for Oct, the EL season will have to finish much earlier, perhaps even in Sept?

As for the this season, we'll get Poole out the way and then what about a play-off final double header on the following weekend? Lynn and Brandon are not THAT far away - midday start for first leg, then an 8pm start for the return? Glorious!

• Like 1

Why haven't you had your p45 yet then!!

SCB is moving onto bugger and better things!! ;)

Let's just rewind to Monday night for a moment - it was clearly stated that the meeting would have gone ahead had it not been for the hole on turn 1

Therefore, the meeting WAS NOT POSTPONED BECAUSE OF A WATERLOGGED TRACK!

If Poole have admitted that the hole was their own fault, then obviously they are responsible for the meeting having to be called off

Perhaps, therefore, given those circumstances, they should have forfeited the semi-final, allowing the final to go ahead, weather permitting, as scheduled

Only Poole are responsible for this - no-one or nothing else is

I think the valuable point you are missing which I said in my last point was that even had the hole not been there it would have rained later and thw match would still be a void. Does that make it still Pooles fault?

Irrespectively, if this is to happen again to any two teams, I would say it goes on the first result which may sound harsh on the second team buyt they had the chance to win In the first leg.

If neither team could host it should come back to the top of the table.

SCB is moving onto bugger and better things!! ;)

Bigger off :P

An awful lot of people, who also worked bloody hard for their jobs, have lost them through no fault of their own

If you think all the people without jobs "deserve" to be without one . . . . . . . . .

I can't think of a suitable response :shock:

well said midland red. i wasnt having a pop at working people. im now 48 made redundant after a life tme of working very hard my comment was simply dont moan about something that lots of people would kill for at the moment.

• Like 2

Did you see it?

yes, didn't you?

Sky can insist all they like, but are you going to find the Volunteers to put them down and take them up?

hahahaha, now that's the sort of defeatist attitude that made all the effort this week mate! with the huge fan base poole have im sure 10 volunteers wouldn't be a problem, to get a big meeting on, that's of course if they wanted it on, which im sure they didnt

There you go. Ask Uncle Rosco what he thinks, i'll tell you, you'l get the same answer, but probably stronger..

what sort of an answer is this? so you are saying in the best interest of the sport its better to have a live tv meeting called off, twice, instead of trying your best to run it?

we have no chance with that attitude have we! You cant guarantee all out non stop action in every meeting, same as any sport, not every football match is a 12 goal thriller. get the meeting on, and put the show on, priority number 1

• Like 1

The first article hits the nail on the head there.

The season should have started sooner with there being more fixtures this season but hey ho nothing can be done now.

I'd imagine in 2015 there will be less fixtures (as less teams) and with the Aussie SGP set for Oct, the EL season will have to finish much earlier, perhaps even in Sept?

As for the this season, we'll get Poole out the way and then what about a play-off final double header on the following weekend? Lynn and Brandon are not THAT far away - midday start for first leg, then an 8pm start for the return? Glorious!

If The season had started sooner who would have Lynn had riding at number 4, or would you have wanted R/R or a guest until Robert Lambert turned 16 ? Buster cant have it both ways.

• Like 1

interesting tweet from Sky Sports

Sky Sports SpeedwayVerified account @SkySpeedway 1h1 hour ago

It was agreed by all at Poole Wednesday track was not fit for racing. Mondays was a different matter #chancemissed

• Like 2

If you read my post instead of Gavin Andrews'(Gavan) post you would clearly see that I said people were saying the Poole promotion were digging holes in the track on purpose to get the meeting off.

So if your claiming he said that then yes I claim he is trolling.

Also I think some of these posters actually have no idea how much money it costs a speedway promotion to call a rain off right at the last minute. Do people serious think promotions would waste money on travel etc to try and get a so called stronger team on a different date and 'doctor a track' so they can't host a meeting live to the public and tv.

And do they think the sponsors want that as well?

A few deluded and ignorant posters if that is the case and I would love to see this response answered.

judging by these last few days, yes, yes I think Poole did exactly that, got it called off when they saw an opportunity to do so in the hope of gaining an injured rider or 2 back n fit.

yes, didn't you?

hahahaha, now that's the sort of defeatist attitude that made all the effort this week mate! with the huge fan base poole have im sure 10 volunteers wouldn't be a problem, to get a big meeting on, that's of course if they wanted it on, which im sure they didnt

what sort of an answer is this? so you are saying in the best interest of the sport its better to have a live tv meeting called off, twice, instead of trying your best to run it?

we have no chance with that attitude have we! You cant guarantee all out non stop action in every meeting, same as any sport, not every football match is a 12 goal thriller. get the meeting on, and put the show on, priority number 1

Another clueless wonder hits the forum.

Apart from trying to prove and disprove various points, whatever the reason Monday and then Thursday's matches were called off... it surely is only angering SKY bosses. Monday - not so bad, as they had the other semi. But Thursday was another loss of financial outlay for the broadcaster. It hasn't been a season speedway has been one of SKY better behaved sports - we all remember the fiasco of the Elite League Riders' Championship in the spring.

Lose SKY (remember how long the new deal took to negotiate)and the sport and many of its already struggling clubs will not have to worry about huge holes in the track, rain on race day... because many will simply fold.

• Like 2