British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Wasn't the reason the EL fixtures didn't start until April, because the NZ GP was at the start of April??

I believe it was, but for someone to think it was because of Lamberts birthday, is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I don't really know why you picked him up on it in the first instance to be honest. It was clear to me what he meant.

my original comment wasnt having a go at anybody especially hard working people. i was merely stating that theres a bigger issue for loads of people than having to rearrange time off from work for a speedway meeting. well the upside is that today ive been offered a new job after 12 months out. so i can get back to being the hardworking person ive always been and maybe take in a meeting or two on the continent next season, doubt whether it will be over here as 1,my team now doesnt exist, and 2 the sports a complete and utter shambles in the uk.

sorry if my original comment was misconstrued by some. :t:

• Like 1

Well, when is this meeting being run, and is it on Sky? Talk about going off topic!!

This is scheduled for next Wednesday. The Coventry leg of the final on the Friday and the KL leg on the following Monday! :wink:

The semi is being reported on Sky Sports HQ and meeting not being shown in its usual format.

Edited by Steve0

Steve0, thanks for above, but what is SS HQ ?

What a load of utter drivel as usual. Poole are not to blame for this and certainly shouldn't forfeit the meeting.

The track on Monday was in a dire condition due to the rain. Even if there was not a hole in the track, it would still of been rain soaked joke of a meeting, with no racing just riders struggling to stay on the bike. Anybody who think's thats fair or entertaining racing is clearly deluded and clearly can't see why riders don't want to waste time with British speedway.

Poole did not put a hole in their track, don't be so ridiculous. The majority of British tracks are neglected and not taken care of properly. This isn't just Poole so stop kidding yourselves. For whatever reason the track had a big rut in the first corner and they couldn't fix it enough to get riding. It was raining all day on Monday, it wasn't like they had much opportunity to get it fixed.

I hope Poole wipe the floor with King's Lynn and I'll be cheering at the top of my voice when we beat Coventry in the final.

Clearly not an issue for Poole Management in September of last year in Manchester!

Annoyingly, i was about to post the same thing about tom brown, charizard and his various other guises .

He gets his ban lifted and goes crazy with another alias all in the space of a few days...very sad.

Regards

Tom Elwood.

Pipe down ambulance cleaner, I haven't got any other aliases. Don't flatter yourself.

If I have read it correctly, the second leg semi is that important to SKY, they aren't going to even send out racing footage?

Beware, British Elite League speedway.. as that grip on the one thing that's keeping your children in clothing does appear to be straining.

I have wondered for some time, whether SKY could actually decide to pull the plug on speedway and pay-up whatever contract is remaining.

Steve0, thanks for above, but what is SS HQ ?

It's the rebranded name of Sky Sports News (channel 401)

• Like 1

Thanks, so stay at home and follow Speedway Updates.

• Like 1

or 501 if you watch on Virgin Media!!

Thanks, so stay at home and follow Speedway Updates.

I think it will be available of Sky go, Orlov. But I don't think you have Sky anyway do you, it's an excuse to go down the pub? :D

• Like 1

oops BBC give light rain most of the day on Wednesday :sad:

Are Poole intending to use the covers this week anyone know?

I think it will be available of Sky go, Orlov. But I don't think you have Sky anyway do you, it's an excuse to go down the pub? :D

No do not have it, having to give the pub a miss on wed is ok, as off down there tonight.

Are sky reluctant to show this meeting because they think the stars might win"

more likely they think it might be rained off again!
  • Like 5