British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

Assuming it's on does anyone know if the riders have been notified as to who will be required?

Garrity and Harris guesting for Kings Lynn

Batchelor, Kennett & Johnson guesting for Poole.

Weather looks terrible for today but more promising for tomorrow if they can get 10 heats in before 10pm when rain is due again.

Clearly you do, otherwise you wouldn't be posting this dross. Oh, and by the way, i have said on several occasions that i feel sorry for the Birmingham and Eastbourne fans, on numerous threads, but clearly, you only read what you want to read.. Are you Gavan or Brum or both in Discuise?

Everyone on here are Gavan and Brum in disguise - the whole world is against you!!!

I have a question for you Starry, if Poole manage to get the meeting on tonight or tomorrow night but in similar conditions to the Swindon V Coventry 2nd leg, will you admit it was the hole in the track that caused the postponement and not a waterlogged track?

• Like 1

Cant repair track.... Too wet!!!

Track repaired.... Been sodden for weeks!!

It just DONT ADD UP... Literateally :)

As far as I understand it, and I'm neither an expert or trying to be a blindy biased Poole fan, is that following the debacle on the Monday of the original staging, and it was an unfortunate accident despite all the conspiracy theorys, the hole in the track was repaired the next day which was about the only dry day we've had down here in the last two weeks.

Since then the weather on the south coast has been very bad. It seems every time it rains that the roads get flooded and it's only October, suggesting that the water table is already very high. Poole Stadium, is as I'm sure most of you know, is next to Poole Harbour (Holes Bay) and is very low, which only serves to accentuate the problem. As I said I'm no expert but have been told by someone who claims to know more than me that while the rain is ever a problem there is also moisture coming up from the high water table.

Forgetting speedway for a moment I am dreading a wet winter if it's like this now. :cry:

Edited by Pirate Baz

Steve Brum, mate, seriously. nobody likes a know all. Stop acting like a cock

• Like 3

Why is Johnson riding for Poole? Another unexplained injury? Do they think that Johnson might beat the Lynn reserves?

What a stupid comment - Benji Compton has a dislocated shoulder, Wally !

• Like 1

If its off tonight AND again tomorrow night, and looking at forecasts thats a strong possibility, what then?

As far as I understand it, and I'm neither an expert or trying to be a blindy biased Poole fan, is that following the debacle on the Monday of the original staging, and it was an unfortunate accident despite all the conspiracy theorys, the hole in the track was repaired the next day which was about the only dry day we've had down here in the last two weeks.

Since then the weather on the south coast has been very bad. It seems every time it rains that the roads get flooded and it's only October, suggesting that the water table is already very high. Poole Stadium, is as I'm sure most of you know, is next to Poole Harbour (Holes Bay) and is very low, which only serves to accentuate the problem. As I said I'm no expert but have been told by someone who claims to know more than me that while the rain is ever a problem there is also moisture coming up from the high water table.

Forgetting speedway for a moment I am dreading a wet winter if it's like this now. :cry:

The worst aspect of that is that a (supposedly) well run Elite club had NO shale on site. That is inexcusable and unprofessional - and why it appears that Poole did not want to run the meeting with the team they had available.

As an aside I am fed up with the personal attacks by a few Poole supporters on non- Poole supporters. I do not see this happen on any other section of this forum in such a consistent way. Any member of this forum is allowed to comment on any part of this forum. It is the Moderators job to moderate the forum. Attack the post - not the poster. No poster has the right to attack another poster just because they do not like their comments. It is both sad and boring to read the attacks. Quite honestly I am amazed that the posters who are so frequently attacked don't report the attacks. I sometimes wish that they did, rather than comment. Perhaps then we could see more bans being put into place by the moderators and Poole threads would be better places...

• Like 5

Water,water, water everywhere.But what's the betting if Kings Lynn have the temerity to win, the showers suddenly don't work. :lol:

• Like 2

weather in poole now is dry with rain showers, some heavy expected this afternoon but maybe clearing up later this evening !!

Tomorrow a little better, cloudy with rain showers.

Compton rode at Scunthorpe on Sunday. There was no news of him having crashed so how did he dislocate his shoulder?

He did crash actually. he then came out in his next ride and got to final bend on final lap and it popped out.

Compton rode at Scunthorpe on Sunday. There was no news of him having crashed so how did he dislocate his shoulder?

Benji was brought down in a first bend accident in Heat 6 at Scunny. He popped his shoulder back into place and went out in the re-run.

He subsequently came out in Heat 8, was in third, but went very wide on the final bend, lost third, and crawled over the line. His shoulder had popped back out, and there was a delay between Heats 10 & 11 while he was tended to.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

No chance it will be on tonight with the amount of rain coming later. Tomorrow looks bit better but depends how track copes with today's rain