British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

All this hatred towards Poole is pathetic and embarrassing. Anybody who lives down here will tell you that we have had pretty much solid rain the past week or so. A few days ago we had belting sunshine and it was pouring and thundering on top of it!

Poole isn't the first and certainly won't be the last team to suffer with track troubles, from the posts in this thread you'd think Poole were the only team failing to maintain their broken little track! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you really think Matt Ford wants the hassle or constantly rescheduling the match? I assume the rent still needs to be paid, the riders still need their appearance fees and the fans still need to be refunded or readmitted to the next match? Why on earth would Matt prefer that? The answer that you are all too sad and bitter to accept is that he wouldn't want that. He want's the meeting ran just like the rest of us.

I think Matt Ford has hit the nail on the head somewhat and its a point i eluded to many many pages ago, although Matt being part of the "system" is really as much to blame as any other promoter.

Fact is they "the promoters" despite only having to fit in 17/18 home meetings in a six month period still failed to manage it, they are just like Sky Sports coverage, they try to pan everything out then when something goes wrong it ends up going into overtime when if they had just got on with it, it would not have been a problem.

Some would say you cannot put covers on a wet track. Again you are talking out of your posterior aspect. If you lived down here you would know how much rain we've had in the last week. :icon_smile_clown:

Oh dear, I think you need to go back to re-read who I was responding to. Help me Blu...............

• Like 2

With the weather forecast predicted to rain about 8pm would it be a good idea to move the fixture forward an hour, i know some fans may not be able to make it by 6.30 but surely the priority is to get the meeting done.

• Like 3

Cant see it happening tonight. What then if its off again? Could they not have a game of rock paper scissors? Or how about a fight between fat maude and buster chapman? Or a game of subbuteo? They could televise it? Id watch that

• Like 3

Thats 100% true.

Of course it's true, Gordon Bennett said it.

Do you actually think Ford's implication he shouldn't be under pressure to complete the fixture is a correct?

With the weather forecast predicted to rain about 8pm would it be a good idea to move the fixture forward an hour, i know some fans may not be able to make it by 6.30 but surely the priority is to get the meeting done.

Oh come on mate! Youv missed the point, the priority is poole win of course hence why we are in this mess

Cant see it happening tonight. What then if its off again? Could they not have a game of rock paper scissors? Or how about a fight between fat maude and buster chapman? Or a game of subbuteo? They could televise it? Id watch that

As I stated earlier in the thread: Starman2006 tosses Ford for it.

Heads = Poole win.

Tails = King's Lynn lose.

• Like 1

This is getting to be a total farce, Matt Fraud has just been on local radio saying its down to other promoter's for Not getting all of there fixtures ran in time, What a load of bull sh*t

What is Ford on? The play offs have been pencilled in for October for months so god knows what he is banging on about.

Oh dear, I think you need to go back to re-read who I was responding to. Help me Blu...............

Far too subtle for most on here TR!! :D

• Like 1

Of course it's true, Gordon Bennett said it.

Do you actually think Ford's implication he shouldn't be under pressure to complete the fixture is a correct?

I think he is losing it. Main sponsor gone bust, Darcy Ward playing silly bu**gers. Welcome to the real world!

• Like 3

The whole problem is that clubs don't rearrange meetings quickly when one is rained off, they just stick it in the end of the season then there is a mad panic to fit them in. In Sweden pretty sure they have to rearrange them within 2 weeks. We should do something similar maybe within a month.

Belle Vue struggled to fit meeting a in and had to run 2 double headers yet we had weeks and weeks earlier in the season without meetings.

• Like 6

The whole problem is that clubs don't rearrange meetings quickly when one is rained off, they just stick it in the end of the season then there is a mad panic to fit them in. In Sweden pretty sure they have to rearrange them within 2 weeks. We should do something similar maybe within a month.

Belle Vue struggled to fit meeting a in and had to run 2 double headers yet we had weeks and weeks earlier in the season without meetings.

The whole problem, as it ever is, is fat maude snivelin and fiddlin and twisting any and every way he can so he wins! Its the same most seasons isnt it? Hahahaha. Got to love him ant ya! The big lumpy cheatin toe rag.

Irrespective of fixture disorganisation, the BSPA agreed the fixed dates for Semi-Final and Final well in advance. The four semi-finalists were known before those dates.