British Speedway Forum

Perhaps they are going to change the starting gate from where it is over to the back straight. This would make sense as the new stands are on that side and surely it is only a matter of time before the present start side buildings are pulled down. How many tracks have the main seating area on the opposite side of the track to the start line

If they did contemplate moving the starting gate im sure it would only be temporarily as the plan I believe is to fully redevelop the current starting side stand as well .

Alot of money has been put in to the upgrading of Foxhall so far by the owner and it will be a very impressive stadium when finished !

It's already used for world stock car events and hopefully in the future maybe a major Speedway event or two ?

Super Blue I believe the home straight stand development has been put on hold for a period down to the fact that the chap that owns speedeworth south has had his bid the buy the stadium rebuffed, according to my sources the parties involved had agreed a pre contract selling price but when it came to paying up the original owners decided to up the price at the last minute. Please don't quote me on it thou as I'm getting third hand.

Great result for Rohan in round 1 of the Oz champs.

3rd in the A final but 2nd overall as he was joint top in qualifiers.

• Like 1

Great result for Rohan in round 1 of the Oz champs.

3rd in the A final but 2nd overall as he was joint top in qualifiers.

Aye joint top scorer with Doyle on 14 points in the heats! Great stuff.

Super Blue I believe the home straight stand development has been put on hold for a period down to the fact that the chap that owns speedeworth south has had his bid the buy the stadium rebuffed, according to my sources the parties involved had agreed a pre contract selling price but when it came to paying up the original owners decided to up the price at the last minute. Please don't quote me on it thou as I'm getting third hand.

I'm more than likely being a bit thick here, but who has done all the stadium improvements so far over the last couple of years? The current stadium owners, or the "chap that owns speedworth south" who thought he was buying the stadium?

Edited by CardinalSin

Aye joint top scorer with Doyle on 14 points in the heats! Great stuff.

I'm more than likely being a bit thick here, but who has done all the stadium improvements so far over the last couple of years? The current stadium owners, or the "chap that owns speedworth south" who thought he was buying the stadium?

It's almost a certainty that the improvements have been done by Speedworth. I would think that they have now got a new long lease a couple of years back with an offer to buy the stadium. If they had not got a long lease they would not be spending the amount of money that they have done

. I am sure that the Ipswich Speedway Ltd (the freeholders) have vertually never spent any money on the Stadium so why should they now. Whatever happens they still get their rent.

It's almost a certainty that the improvements have been done by Speedworth. I would think that they have now got a new long lease a couple of years back with an offer to buy the stadium. If they had not got a long lease they would not be spending the amount of money that they have done

. I am sure that the Ipswich Speedway Ltd (the freeholders) have vertually never spent any money on the Stadium so why should they now. Whatever happens they still get their rent.

Still none the wiser! Why would someone who doesn't even own the actual stadium spend so much money on it? Was it spent because they had an "agreement" with the owners on a price and they were sure they were buying it, before the goalposts were seemingly moved on a price by the current owners?

If that's the case then it could get messy!

Still none the wiser! Why would someone who doesn't even own the actual stadium spend so much money on it? Was it spent because they had an "agreement" with the owners on a price and they were sure they were buying it, before the goalposts were seemingly moved on a price by the current owners?

If that's the case then it could get messy!

Must admit long lease or not, it does seem a little strange. How long is the lease for?

Bit like renting a house. When you are living there you don't mind improving it as it benefits yourself. Eg painting the rooms. May even do bigger things if you are told you can buy at the end of the current agreement. Eg sort out the garden. However once that offer has be taken away I think most would be loathe to do anything else. Think that is where Spedeworth and Foxhall are at now.

Thing is Spedeworth will have made money through increased attendances since the upgrades so not all bad........

Increased attendances? When I went to the stocks a couple of months back they looked the same as they always have, pretty good.

The speedway of course different kettle of fish. Just like everywhere else the crowd levels seem to be falling year on year.

The figures that were bandied about for the improvements already made were quite substantial if I remember rightly.

Not sure what return they're currently getting on that investment but there you go, it's their money to do as they please I suppose.

From what's been said though, you can't help but wonder that they made those improvements on the promise that they were eventually buying the stadium and it was eventually going to be theirs.

We don't know the ins and outs though so probably best not to speculate further..

Edited by CardinalSin

3 meetings this year have had near capacity crowds for the cars. These meetings are not the normal ones but the ones where fans will travel vast distances to be there. Speed weekend over the 2 days charges £25 a day. So a nice little earner! Also believe that at Gala night they had to turn people away! And again that was a premium event that charges more than normal. The Weekly meetings attendances are like you said pretty good, but don't forget the drivers pay to be there so out goings are at a minimum.

Looks like they using the speculate to accumulate theory, which seems to be paying off.......

3 meetings this year have had near capacity crowds for the cars. These meetings are not the normal ones but the ones where fans will travel vast distances to be there. Speed weekend over the 2 days charges £25 a day. So a nice little earner! Also believe that at Gala night they had to turn people away! And again that was a premium event that charges more than normal. The Weekly meetings attendances are like you said pretty good, but don't forget the drivers pay to be there so out goings are at a minimum.

Looks like they using the speculate to accumulate theory, which seems to be paying off.......

But none of that has now happened because of the upgrade in facilities, it's always happened and would have done if the upgrade had happened or not.