British Speedway Forum

That was quick - only a week since the return of the club sponsor licence!

At least now we can look forward to the season starting without any hitches for us.

I hope all teams can be in the same position so we all start on a level field.

• Like 1

Perhaps their 3 year visa's they had have just been revalidated as they meet the current criteria? To be perfectly honest I have no idea on such matters but you're right it does seem a tad on the quick side to get new visa's.

Tbh very surprised they got them...... so soon!

Visa applications for sportsmen are normally fast tracked...

Has anybody else who has been affected been confirmed yet?

I read a few weeks ago that Matt Ford said they were ahead of the field in getting their sponsors licence and applications for new Visas, and I haven't seen that Even Chris Holder has got his yet.

Does seem very quick, especially reading yesterday's Speedway Star where Chris Louis openly admits this Visa stuff is all knew to him and he wasn't exactly sure what the next step was!!

Does seem very quick, especially reading yesterday's Speedway Star where Chris Louis openly admits this Visa stuff is all knew to him and he wasn't exactly sure what the next step was!!

Hmmm something seems not right, unless CL interview was last weekend?

I read a few weeks ago that Matt Ford said they were ahead of the field in getting their sponsors licence and applications for new Visas, and I haven't seen that Even Chris Holder has got his yet.

Jason Doyle tweeted yesterday that his visa granted and was on his way to UK!!

Lol Gino and Rohan both been here at least a week!!

Tbh very surprised they got them...... so soon!

Maybe the bugger at the UKV&I that speedway fans were slagging off recently have worked fast to make sure the sport is not made to suffer despite incompetencies from those running it?

Smiling Sam and Sedgy have got theirs apparently.

• Like 1

Having just read the article, it's simply a case that the UKV&I have informed Louis that Tungate and Manzares are free to ride on their current visas, and it's not a case of them having to apply for new ones..

Bottom line is its all sorted and both riders will take their place in the Billy Sanders memorial on the 19th.

Really looking forward to it.

Edited by CardinalSin

Still no mention of visas from either rider or the club on twitter. Thought they would be shouting it from the rooftops! Witches website has nothing either. ....

Still no mention of visas from either rider or the club on twitter. Thought they would be shouting it from the rooftops! Witches website has nothing either. ....

Possibly because there is still "a bit more paperwork to do" according to Chris Louis.

From the Ipswich Star

"there are still things to be put in to place to ensure more efficiency in the future," Louis said.

"But the UK Visa and Immigration Department have told me that Gino and Rohan are free to ride on their current visas and while there is a bit more paperwork to do, it's coming to a satisfactory conclusion for everyone.

"It's been a bit stressful but I'm glad in some ways it has happened, so we all know where we stand."

Tungate: "it's a relief we now know what's going on, I just want to get going and get riding."

Both riders will line up in the Billy Sanders memorial on the 19th.

Again, courtesy of the Ipswich Star.

Edited by CardinalSin

Thanks for that. So neither rider have been granted a new visa...

Reading the post above they don't need one.

The theory that all Visas were ripped up and new ones had to be applied for doesn't seem to be the case.