British Speedway Forum

Biggest bust up for years? Is that classic over selling?

Maybe this Hilton bloke is a bit of a bully on race days?

:o

I'm so disappointed about this. Ritch has never let the team down. He had a big fall at the start of the season that knocked his confidence and apparently doesn't get along with the new team manager. Given a bit more time I'm certain he'd be performing as he did last season. His input in the pits will be missed too. Good luck Cap'n Hawkins. You will be missed.

Welcome to Ashley Morris, you've big boots to fill but as always anyone who rides in the Witch will be made welcome.

My appetite for speedway has taken another knock today. Thank heavens for Nico.

• Like 1

I'm so disappointed about this. Ritch has never let the team down. He had a big fall at the start of the season that knocked his confidence and apparently doesn't get along with the new team manager. Given a bit more time I'm certain he'd be performing as he did last season. His input in the pits will be missed too. Good luck Cap'n Hawkins. You will be missed.

Welcome to Ashley Morris, you've big boots to fill but as always anyone who rides in the Witch will be made welcome.

My appetite for speedway has taken another knock today. Thank heavens for Nico.

Do you think any rider who is riding poorly and taken out of rides gets on with the team manager !!!!!!!!!!...probably not.....Great lad but he wasn't getting any better and in Ashley Morris I think we have a little gem

Lol ...you are having a laugh aren't you.....Classic case of a new manager having to take a under performing rider out of rides and the rider not liking it

Report says Hawkins gets on well with TM except for at meetings, from a neutral outsider's viewpoint maybe he would have been better off by foregoing captaincy and looking to concentrate on getting his own performances up to where you all think him capable, let TM get on and manage the team and don't worry about what he is doing.

Maybe it is more to do with him losing rides??

• Like 1

Do you think any rider who is riding poorly and taken out of rides gets on with the team manager !!!!!!!!!!...probably not.....Great lad but he wasn't getting any better and in Ashley Morris I think we have a little gem

Maybe a team manager who has a rider who has admitted that he is lacking in confidence needs to help boost that confidence. I'm not saying he shouldn't be replaced in his heats, obviously that has to be done if Stef is having the better meeting of the two. But surely it's a two way thing?

Can a local please report on here what's said on the radio.

Lol ...you are having a laugh aren't you.....Classic case of a new manager having to take a under performing rider out of rides and the rider not liking it

Totally agree. On Sunday Ritchie was having a shocker and Stefan was riding well, Stefan was in my Programme in heat 14 before it was announced, if Ritchie didn't like it, then he's not the team man some on here are suggesting he is.

Biggest bust up for years? Is that classic over selling?

Maybe this Hilton bloke is a bit of a bully on race days?

Ex Policeman don't forget, so maybe ... ;)

So they were all happy on Saturday when Hawkins was given extra rides ?I think this has been going on for a few weeks now.

Well having just heard both sides on radio Suffolk, Phil Hilton came out of that exchange in a far better light, in my opinion.

Regarding Hawkins, good riddance and a shame he didn't bugger off earlier!! Good team man my arse.

Wow what an interview on Radio Suffolk!

You can't just leave it there! What was said? Edited by London Witch

Well having just heard both sides on radio Suffolk, Phil Hilton came out of that exchange in a far better light, in my opinion.

Regarding Hawkins, good riddance and a shame he didn't bugger off earlier!! Good team man my arse.

100% agree and shame on you Hawkins. Feeling very sorry for Phil Hilton at the moment, the poor sod has been on a hiding to nothing from the very first day it seems! :nono: