British Speedway Forum

I find the apathy from a few of the Ipswich fans on here towards potentially having King as your number 1, baffling to say the least.

King is every bit as good a rider as Simon Stead, Ben Barker, Edward Kennett and I'd even say Craig Cook at Elite league level (bar this season).

If you don't want him, we'll gladly take him at Redcar!!

Totally agree. King has looked off colour this year, but there seems to be mitigating circumstances behind that.

If you look at the final Elite league greensheets at the end of last season, King averaged 7.46.

To put it in to perspective, Cook finished on 7.40, Doyle 7.30, Barker 6.47 and Kennett 6.39.

King also finished with a higher Elite league average last season than Davey Watt, Rory Schlein, Mads Korneliussen, Chris Harris, Seb Ulamek, Janowski, Swiderski, Bridger.

King has found his level nobody is suggesting otherwise, but that level is a good solid top flight rider, and almost certainly a powerful PL number 1.

It beggars belief that the likes of Had Enough are luke warm on the idea of King, then suggesting a top 2 of Worrall and Ricky bloody Wells whilst others would prefer Rohan Tungate!

Bizarre.

Edited by Catch22
  • Like 1

Firstly, I do not think Danny King will up his average next season, but as he is being talked about a lot, as a rider for next season, I think he can do a good job as Ipswich No 1. He now has a lot of experience that he could pass onto the younger riders and would make a good Captain.

Assuming that the team points limit stays at 42.50. I would like to see the following team, which I also think is achievable.

Danny King 8.84 Captain

Geno Manzares 6.02

Thomas Jorgensen 7.09

Cameron Heeps 5.38

Richie Worrall 7.32

Adam Ellis 4.67

Erik Riss 3.00 (I assume he would come in on 3.00. but I am not that well up on the rules ?)

Total 42.32

Very hard on Ritchie Hawkins, who is a great captain and had a good year as a rider as well. Also hard on Rohan Tungate. But I feel that all the riders above (except, possibly Danny King) would improve thier averages.

Erik Riss the teenage World Longtrack champion son of Longtrack legend, ex Witch Gerd Riss I presume?

Have you heard something?

Great Longtrack rider but has only ridden in the German League which is a lower standard than the PL and is on mainly big wide tracks!

Would be a bit of a risk but an interesting one!

Yeah Richie Hawkins has a middle of nowhere average that will likely mess him up for a Witches team place next season. Shame cause I think he's a good captain and always puts in a hard trying shift every meeting!

Edited by 25yearfan

Anyone else get on the official site? Seems to have been down for a few days now for me at least.

Me too

Me too

Chris Louis seems to have been very quiet lately too. I know we didn't win anything this year but we normally get a few words reflection from him for the season either on the website or local press.

Perhaps the website is being redesigned to show the ELITE LEAGUE Witches :D

Chris Louis seems to have been very quiet lately too. I know we didn't win anything this year but we normally get a few words reflection from him for the season either on the website or local press.

From a tweet from Mike Bacon on Friday, apparently Chris did a piece in paper Friday, not sure as I don't take the local paper, and not all articles appear on the paper's website, ....just found tweet:

In today's @ipswichstar24 newspaper I speak to Chris Louis about @ipswichspeedway fast-track riders & much more @SpeedwayGB @SkySpeedway

From a tweet from Mike Bacon on Friday, apparently Chris did a piece in paper Friday, not sure as I don't take the local paper, and not all articles appear on the paper's website, ....just found tweet:

In today's @ipswichstar24 newspaper I speak to Chris Louis about @ipswichspeedway fast-track riders & much more @SpeedwayGB @SkySpeedway

Ahh thanks Badge I pick up a Star every day so somehow must have missed that!

It beggars belief that the likes of Had Enough are luke warm on the idea of King, then suggesting a top 2 of Worrall and Ricky bloody Wells whilst others would prefer Rohan Tungate!

Bizarre.

We are all entitled to our opinion :-). King hails from a poor period of the Witches history, and is simply an indication of the resistance to change, even from the fans, let alone the promotion. Welcome back an old boy, rather than try something completely new. I know there aren't many options, but that's just a view ... that's all.

I did indeed suggest that Worrall & Wells would make an interesting top two. I mitigation, that was before I realised Wells had such a (relatively) low average.

Subsequently (post #2535916) I have suggested the following line-up: King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins + 3 pointer.

Wells enjoys Foxhall, so should benefit overall - and by including him it would allow King to be signed with less overall impact on the lower end of the team.

And when has Chris Louis ever been open and easy to talk to?

Parallel universe?

• Like 1

Erik Riss the teenage World Longtrack champion son of Longtrack legend, ex Witch Gerd Riss I presume?

Have you heard something?

Great Longtrack rider but has only ridden in the German League which is a lower standard than the PL and is on mainly big wide tracks!

Would be a bit of a risk but an interesting one!

Yeah Richie Hawkins has a middle of nowhere average that will likely mess him up for a Witches team place next season. Shame cause I think he's a good captain and always puts in a hard trying shift every meeting!

No, I have not heard anything, apart from the snipits that are in the Grasstrack section - World Longtrack GP, thread - pages 6 & 7 - from post 81 onwards (if I knew how to do a link, I would), a couple of interesting comments (not mine) I think.

I know Longtrack riders do not always do well at speedway. But I have seen him race at Marmande and he is very talented & fast. So I think he would be well worth taking a chance on. A world champion at reserve !!

Someone like Riss would come in on a 5 I think.

Only those who have only ridden NL/Amatuer league here can come in on a 3.

why dont you sign cook and stead while youre at it. no points limit in 2015

Rye House have declared Edward Kennett, so that reduces the chance of us signing Danny King. Rye House have never gone into a season top heavy in recent times

Edited by Shads