British Speedway Forum

the new man........not long to wait to find our who!

well the latest person Danny king has followed on twitter is mike bacon.... So it musnt be him :)

Need to get the 1-7 signed before the Glasgow wallet gets topped up!

• Like 1

well the latest person Danny king has followed on twitter is mike bacon....

Was about to post the same thing. Mike Bacon tweets that the first Witch announced tomorrow, Danny King immediately "follows" him on twitter.

So, Danny King is confirmed as our new No1 in today's paper. No real surprise as it had been much speculated.

Personally I'm pretty happy with him as a start now Chris Louis just needs to get things right with other 6 riders who he expects to name within the next week or so.

Watch this space.

Well I never :D

Welcome home Danny! Great signing to lead the team. Just under the 9 point mark so scratching my head a bit for the remainder of the team but it seem Louis knew his septet as soon as the 42.50 was confirmed.

Will probably mean no Tungate, and possibly no Worrall either with him replaced by a 4 pointer?

King, Risager, Heeps and Manzares I'm fully expecting to be in the team. If Hawkins and Ellis are retained also, we're looking at up to 4.96 for the last rider.

Edit: Just seen Lanham's average has dropped to 4.90...

King

Hawkins

Heeps

Manzares

Risager

Lanham

Ellis

Could we be looking at that? Just fits with 0.06 to spare. Personally hope it's a little more inspiring than that but we'll see.

Edited by CardinalSin

Welcome home Danny! Great signing to lead the team. Just under the 9 point mark so scratching my head a bit for the remainder of the team but it seem Louis knew his septet as soon as the 42.50 was confirmed.

King

Hawkins

Heeps

Manzares

Risager

Lanham

Ellis

Could we be looking at that? Just fits with 0.06 to spare. Personally hope it's a little more inspiring than that but we'll see.

Definitely needs to be more inspiring - not enough to back-up King with too much pressure on the others.

King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins, 3ish-pointer

Definitely needs to be more inspiring - not enough to back-up King with too much pressure on the others.

King, Worrall, Wells, Manzares, Heeps, Hawkins, 3ish-pointer

I agree and don't think you'll find many who wouldn't take that team but I've a feeling mine will be nearer than yours unfortunately but we'll find out soon it seems.

If Risager is in the team again, will he be the only Witch that has been in every side since we've been in the PL?

Edited by CardinalSin

Welcome home Danny! Very happy to see him in as our No1.

I thought he would be at Pboro if they ran so I hope Im wrong on that one as I wouldnt want our gain to mean the loss of the Panthers.

Gonna be interesting to see how the full 1-7 pans out. At least it seems that all will be revealed quite soon.

Will probably mean no Tungate, and possibly no Worrall either with him replaced by a 4 pointer?

King, Risager, Heeps and Manzares I'm fully expecting to be in the team. If Hawkins and Ellis are retained also, we're looking at up to 4.96 for the last rider.

Edit: Just seen Lanham's average has dropped to 4.90...

King

Hawkins

Heeps

Manzares

Risager

Lanham

Ellis

Think I would struggle to pay my money every week to watch that team.

Over the moon with King just what we needed and I fully expect him to buck the trend of #1 riders struggling when they get to Foxhall!!

If that does mean no Tungate, then that would be extremely harsh on the lad IMO.

Only 3 years as a professional speedway rider, and to increase his average in every one of those 3 years to make it to #1 with an 8+ average and then find yourself discarded would be harsh.

If we don't use him, then I certainly hope someone else picks him up because to do what he's done and then find no team at all would be even more of a travesty.

Interesting quote from Chris Louis “It is fantastic to have Danny back at Ipswich which is of course where his professional career began when my dad gave him his opportunity back in 2003. I’ve always had a great relationship with Danny and I feel he is just the right sort of racer and character to take our team forward. The two-year limit on doubling up obviously puts a limit on his Premier League availability, but who knows where the club will be in two years’ time? From my point of view, signing a local lad who is well liked by fans, officials and riders alike, as well as a proven entertainer, is the best possible start to our team building for 2015.”

Hmmm...... ;)

• Like 1

Over the moon with King just what we needed and I fully expect him to buck the trend of #1 riders struggling when they get to Foxhall!!

If that does mean no Tungate, then that would be extremely harsh on the lad IMO.

Only 3 years as a professional speedway rider, and to increase his average in every one of those 3 years to make it to #1 with an 8+ average and then find yourself discarded would be harsh.

If we don't use him, then I certainly hope someone else picks him up because to do what he's done and then find no team at all would be even more of a travesty.

Certainly would be a travesty, he's a relative newcomer in real terms and has upped his average every year. Came in at 7, worked his way to 1 in three years and now a team place for this season is in question, what sort of message does that give out to potential signings......race your guts out and when your average gets big on you, we'll get someone in with a smaller average to replace you!!

Edited by Roland

Certainly would be a travesty, he's a relative newcomer in real terms and has upped his average every year. Came in at 7, worked his way to 1 in three years and now a team place for this season is in question, what sort of message does that give out to potential signings......race your guts out and when your average gets big on you, we'll get someone in with a smaller average to replace you!!

I agree to a certain extent, but that's the nature of the game isn't it?

In this sport, if you want to be successful and win things, you have to be ruthless and pick riders on attractive averages who have scope to up them considerably.

Somerset ditched a rider last year before a wheel had even been turned it anger! Harsh in the extreme, but their promotion are relatively successful and win things.

The only problem with that from an Ipswich point of view, people could say why is Risager always in the team when he doesn't have much room for improvement either so in that regard Tungate could consider him unlucky.

At the end of the day though, no rider is getting sacked. They sign a contract for the season, and when October 31st comes around there is nothing binding club and rider and they are both free to do what they like.

It's a two way thing as well, we might well want to retain a rider, Tungate for example, but he may decide he wants to ride elsewhere and there's nothing we could do about it so it works both ways.

• Like 3

But will Risager need to ride at Ipswich as no longer lives local?

Does he not? Didn't know that. Might make it a tad easier to leave him out then knowing he's not sitting across the dinner table most Sunday's!!

Still expect him in the team though!!