British Speedway Forum

there will be 1 or 2 can always rely on Rye for a start!

Really no surprise

Shame about Joe, maybe he will have a change of heart when the time is right, which probably won't be that long.

Was mentioned at Lynn forum tonight that Jacob's was due to ride for the Witches in the PL this season before dropping the bombshell of his retirement.

Ipswich side looks poor, no match for the Panthers.

We have Robert Lambert, Lewis Blackbird and Adam Roynon.

3 Future Team GB Riders

Is it inset day today, school closed?

Can't think of an other reason you'd be up at this time fishing for bites.

Was mentioned at Lynn forum tonight that Jacob's was due to ride for the Witches in the PL this season before dropping the bombshell of his retirement.

Interesting. With the greatest of respect to Joe, if I had the choice of Jacobs or Nielsen to fill the last reserve berth I'd have gone for Nielsen from the off so personally I'm happy with the end result.

• Like 2

Interesting. With the greatest of respect to Joe, if I had the choice of Jacobs or Nielsen to fill the last reserve berth I'd have gone for Nielsen from the off so personally I'm happy with the end result.

Have to agree Stefan would have been my pick too. This would also explain why the last two riders took a little longer than expected to reveal as the full 1-7 was expected to be announced a couple of weeks back.

On the face of it, we've come out of it pretty well. Certainly no worse, and possibly slightly better IMO.

• Like 2

it seems Joe didnt think the deal he was offered was enough for him to manage with. A great shame that again a young Brit cant make it pay.

From a neutral's point of view - I thought your first signings for top 5 were ok, and gave a solid base - however Covatti and Nielsen at reserve, for me, have turned it from an ok team to a very strong side, got to up there near top challenging B)

Both of reserves have been mentioned on Bears forums as potential signings - primarily with the aim of completing top five, so for you to have both at reserve - well done to Ipswich promotion.

Good Luck for the season ahead :party:

• Like 1

it seems Joe didnt think the deal he was offered was enough for him to manage with. A great shame that again a young Brit cant make it pay.

Perhaps Joe was just asking for more than Chris Louis was willing to pay. Nielsen obviously is happy enough with what he was offered as he's accepted a place and I'm not sure the Ipswich promotion would be offering more to a rider who was effectively their second choice.

Jacobs is entitled to say yes or no to any offer and he's said no, Louis then moved for another rider who said yes, so all sorted.

Doesn't stop any of the other clubs offering Joe a deal which they either have and he's rejected them also, or nobody else is simply interested which in itself tell a story.

You want a team of riders with fire in their belly and a real hunger to succeed, so it's probably best that Ipswich missed out on Jacobs as it seems his heart is no longer in it.

Perhaps Joe was just asking for more than Chris Louis was willing to pay. Nielsen obviously is happy enough with what he was offered as he's accepted a place and I'm not sure the Ipswich promotion would be offering more to a rider who was effectively their second choice.

Jacobs is entitled to say yes or no to any offer and he's said no, Louis then moved for another rider who said yes, so all sorted.

Doesn't stop any of the other clubs offering Joe a deal which they either have and he's rejected them also, or nobody else is simply interested which in itself tell a story.

You want a team of riders with fire in their belly and a real hunger to succeed, so it's probably best that Ipswich missed out on Jacobs as it seems his heart is no longer in it.

not disputing any of that.

It is best that the club does run to the bugdet it can afford and make deals that safeguards the stability for yhe future.

I was not claiming any deal was not good enough un relation to the norm - I know no more than anyone on that score - just that the cost ls for a young rider are huge.

Without decent outside backing it is very difficult. Unfortunately Joe like many others cant make it add up which is a shame but thats the reality of life.

From a neutral's point of view - I thought your first signings for top 5 were ok, and gave a solid base - however Covatti and Nielsen at reserve, for me, have turned it from an ok team to a very strong side, got to up there near top challenging B)

Both of reserves have been mentioned on Bears forums as potential signings - primarily with the aim of completing top five, so for you to have both at reserve - well done to Ipswich promotion.

Good Luck for the season ahead :party:

I agree - I think that's a good team.

King is obviously one of the top riders in the PL, I was very impressed with Manzares last season and Heeps still has a lot of potential.

Covatti was very disappointing at Sheffield last year but he's better than that - the last time I saw him ride for Birmingham he went round the outside of Craig Cook at Belle Vue, no mean feat.