British Speedway Forum

What was the standard of the other riders?

jake allen, josh bates, arthur sissis

jake allen, josh bates, arthur sissis

Pretty average then

• Like 1

Rohans was the Lemo farewell with a much higher calibre.

Think a few Witches fans thought he would sign for the Witches and surprised that he went to Sheffield. Not had much racing on a 500cc so can only improve and with Sheffield being a bigger track it should suit him more. Certainly think he will struggle at the smaller ones, Pinjar is about 160m i believe, so at the moment glad we got Covatti rather than Sissis...... time will tell.

If Covatti turns up with decent equipment and gives commitment to a full season without too many away days for Italy then he will be a steal on that average. Unlike he did for Sheffield last year.

Personally I'd have Sissis over Covatti any day.

Good luck in 2015 I see you as play off finalists if visas are sorted,👍

Think the rules state a rider has 3 years to make his starting ave. If he fails to do so then he would be refused a visa the 4th year. Might struggle with Manzares as the gov might say he should have been a 7 so will have to start 2015 on that ave!

If he's refused a visa, we'll have 6.12 to find a replacement, any ideas?

I'll be gutted if the lad doesn't get a visa to be honest. He was easily the most entertaining Witch I watched at Foxhall last year and he exceeded my expectations for his first season.

Just seems wrong that a talent like that can't ride here but someone like Max Dilger can.

But, if he doesn't meet the criteria for a visa he doesn't meet it so we'll have to move on.

If Worky have already had confirmation that their riders don't qualify, then you'd have thought we'd had confirmation on our riders too if not close to it so hopefully we'll hear something in the coming days.

Edited by CardinalSin

I'll be gutted if the lad doesn't get a visa to be honest. He was easily the most entertaining rider I watched at Foxhall last year and he exceeded my expectations for his first season.

Just seems wrong that a talent like that can't ride here but someone like Max Dilger can.

But, if he doesn't meet the criteria for a visa he doesn't meet it so we'll have to move on.

If Worky have already had confirmation that their riders don't qualify, then you'd have thought we'd had confirmation on our riders too if not close to it so hopefully we'll hear something in the coming days.

TBF the lad has only got himself to blame for being born in America. He should have been a bit more savvy and got himself born in Poland, Sweden or Denmark!

TBF the lad has only got himself to blame for being born in America. He should have been a bit more savvy and got himself born in Poland, Sweden or Denmark!

yeah, wrong side of the atlantic, if he was born in a european country like maybe France …… hang on, that didn't do Ellis any good ;)

Not so sure Baldyman the problem with Friday meetings for Lakeside that put off a lot of promoters is still there.

There might not be too many other options though so his chances will definitely have increased, but I think those affected with Visa issues may well explore other options first.

I'll be gutted if the lad doesn't get a visa to be honest. He was easily the most entertaining Witch I watched at Foxhall last year and he exceeded my expectations for his first season.

It's not wrong at all, Dilger is an EU National and Manzares isn't. Speedway is not above the law...

Not so sure Baldyman the problem with Friday meetings for Lakeside that put off a lot of promoters is still there.

There might not be too many other options though so his chances will definitely have increased, but I think those affected with Visa issues may well explore other options first.

Other options being even more useless Europeans?

It's not wrong at all, Dilger is an EU National and Manzares isn't. Speedway is not above the law...

Pretty obvious what point he/she was making and you know that. Cardinalsin already made the point on this thread more than once, that rules are rules and if he doesn't qualify he doesn't qualify.

But it does seem "wrong" unfair, skewed or whatever word you choose to use, that someone like Manzares isnt cleared to ride here but another non Brit with far less talent can because of his place of birth.

But, as you rightly say, speedway isn't "above the law" and those affected will just have to lump it and like it! The PL will be a poorer place for his, and a couple of others exclusions though.

Still, perhaps Ipswich and others will follow Berwicks example, and sign more Slovenian no marks in their place.