British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2015

Stars Pairs would be interesting?

My mate suggested they use the old retro original race jackets for next year, I like that idea, retro is good!

Of course I would LOVE if they used the old march out music in 2015, even do the march out of the track staff and riders at the start of the meeting :-) Go retro for the year :-)

• Like 1

Well done KL for going with 6 of the 7 from last year, I'm sure that is something the fans can relate too..

And good luck on your second FTR :t:

• Like 2

Stars Pairs would be interesting?

My mate suggested they use the old retro original race jackets for next year, I like that idea, retro is good!

Of course I would LOVE if they used the old march out music in 2015, even do the march out of the track staff and riders at the start of the meeting :-) Go retro for the year :-)

Defo hope we go retro for next year! The old race jackets would be awesome. You could raffle them off too?

Also, what about a bit of a stars hall of fame? We could have plaques/photos put up in the new bar? or hang signs up around the stadium like they do in the USA when teams retire shirt numbers?

Could make a big deal about inducting former riders and you could get it sponsored by local companies?

• Like 4

Defo hope we go retro for next year! The old race jackets would be awesome. You could raffle them off too?

Also, what about a bit of a stars hall of fame? We could have plaques/photos put up in the new bar? or hang signs up around the stadium like they do in the USA when teams retire shirt numbers?

Could make a big deal about inducting former riders and you could get it sponsored by local companies?

Love that idea.

Also if they do more construction work on the back straight stand, make it possible for the fans to buy souvenir bricks. Saddlebow Road in it's various guises has been a massive part of mine and my families life for the past 40 years so would love to be able to have a permanent memento of that.

Edited by Speedball

Bricks along the back straight ? Have you been in the loo there ? :lol:

Loving the idea of the Retro Team Bibs. Would be good to see parts of the old Programmes re-produced into the new one as well.

First 5 hall of famers for me would be.

Betts

Lee

Turner

Henka

Loram

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

I like the Retro Idea, no way would I ever criticise the work Buster has done in bringing Saddlebow Road into the 21st century, but in saying that the old place had some fantastic memories. Good crowds, Fabulous atmosphere and brilliant Riders. Anyway we can hang on to those 'Good ole Days' gets the nod from me....

Maury Littlechild was the brains who originally brought Speedway to Lynn. He moved heaven and earth to make it happen, Probably a Bar along the back straight could be named in his honour, or at least a plague commemorating his increditable achievement .

Bricks along the back straight ? Have you been in the loo there ? :lol:

Loving the idea of the Retro Team Bibs. Would be good to see parts of the old Programmes re-produced into the new one as well.

First 5 hall of famers for me would be.

Betts

Lee

Turner

Henka

Loram

Don't forget Simmo one of the best

• Like 1

I like the Retro Idea, no way would I ever criticise the work Buster has done in bringing Saddlebow Road into the 21st century, but in saying that the old place had some fantastic memories. Good crowds, Fabulous atmosphere and brilliant Riders. Anyway we can hang on to those 'Good ole Days' gets the nod from me....

Maury Littlechild was the brains who originally brought Speedway to Lynn. He moved heaven and earth to make it happen, Probably a Bar along the back straight could be named in his honour, or at least a plague commemorating his increditable achievement .

The Black Death Bar? :lol:

ATB

Dave

• Like 3

I like the Retro Idea, no way would I ever criticise the work Buster has done in bringing Saddlebow Road into the 21st century, but in saying that the old place had some fantastic memories.

Indeed. Speedway from the first bend just isn't the same without that stench of urine. Those were the good old days!

• Like 1

Would certainly add Topinka to the list.

From the recent years I'd add Niels who will now be in his fifth year as a Star. He's played a massive part in our return to the EL.

• Like 2

Probably before the time of most on this thread but no hall of fame would be complete without Peter Moore.

Hows about Steady Eddie Reeves SL ? I thought he would be well up there. ;) For me it was always Barry Crowson, Not one of the big Guns ( Betts, Simmo, Cole or Crump), but always gave it a good go.

I'd love to see photos of all the teams over the years in the bar, memories is what makes Kings Lynn Speedway special to many of us, just think of the conversations that would be born from all those pics :-)

Indeed. Speedway from the first bend just isn't the same without that stench of urine. Those were the good old days!

Trust you to lower the tone!!! ;-)

It would be impossible to name them all . Sure, some peoples opinion will always differ from others. Other names would be right up there at the top of any lists.

Probably we could start with say five or six maybe, then have a vote each year on the next two names to join them. It would create a lot of added interest with the fans and the 'Hall of Fame' would become a focal point, not only for our fans but visiting fans as well.

I'm sure local firms would be only too willing to sponsor something like this, that could offer tremendous advertising exposure for years to come..........

Also, I know of an Artist who could do a tremendous lifelike impression if required. I'm sure cost wouldn't be a stumbling block , but ones doesn't know until he's asked...... But believe me when I say he's an awesome talent......

Probably before the time of most on this thread but no hall of fame would be complete without Peter Moore.

One of the best gaters ever and no slouch when in front. A top rider in his day, not one of the top five but the next tier down.