British Speedway Forum

Putting bums on seats is all about what he does on the track plus doing photos and autographs for the kids.

yeah he's very good role model for kids you do talk a lot of rubbish.

What he does on the track is totally professional, and he ALWAYS does the right thing by the fans, That i can tell you, he NEVER turns down a photo with a fan nor an Autograph for a fan. What he does in his own private life is his business. But, hopefully this latest episode will shake him up and we will see the REAL Darcy Ward both on the track and in his private life.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

What he does on the track is totally professional, and he ALWAYS does the right thing by the fans, That i can tell you, he NEVER turns down a photo with a fan nor an Autograph for a fan. What he does in his own private life is his business. But, hopefully this latest episode will shake him up and we will see the REAL Darcy Ward both on the track and in his private life.

Hhahaha dear oh dear

• Like 1

The real Darcy Ward off the track drinks, does drugs and nails birds!!! Dont make him a bad person but dont say thats not the real him because everyone knows it is!

• Like 2

No its not his own business when firstly he is a role model and secondly what he does is illegal time after time.

Sublime talent he is does not excuse him for the person he is.

My 2 daughters are to young to go speedway but if they saw Darcy ride I would not be that keen on letting them have a picture with someone who is a pisshead, does drugs, gets in fights, alleged sexual assault.

Darcy the rider and Darcy the person go hand in hand.

In your eyes its fine to do the things he does because he has his picture taken with the fans. You are in your own bubble

No its not his own business when firstly he is a role model and secondly what he does is illegal time after time.

My 2 daughters are to young to go speedway but if they saw Darcy ride I would not be that keen on letting them have a picture with someone who is a pisshead, does drugs, gets in fights, alleged sexual assault.

In your eyes its fine to do the things he does because he has his picture taken with the fans. You are in your own bubble

i very much doubt he is a role model to anyone.... Dont know why people roll out this old chestnut to beat up someone who does wrong.
  • Like 1

You now have become a joke take a deep breath eh,!!why would you even mention your two daughters laughable really.I will read your posts and have a laugh but why respond you are a bitter and twisted bloke sad really.

http://www.jeffdavies.luxipics.com/includes/thumber.asp?thumb=1841_Ward_EM6D5268_JD.jpg&maxsize=originals&newimage=jtea0knad2m35su2wn22p37n23

can you think of any occasions where what he has done off track (his "private life") has affected his ability to fulfil his duties on track?
  • Like 1

You now have become a joke take a deep breath eh,!!why would you even mention your two daughters laughable really.I will read your posts and have a laugh but why respond you are a bitter and twisted bloke sad really.

how was your ban? I mention my 2 daughters because as a parent trying to teach them right and wrong, it seems that because that Darcy Ward rider is so good at his job it doesn't matter what he does off the track. As a human being Darcy Ward fails in a lot of areas but get as long as he has his picture taken and is talented its ok. Now I suggest you calm down before you find yourself banned again

i very much doubt he is a role model to anyone.... Dont know why people roll out this old chestnut to beat up someone who does wrong.

Probably because he is a sportsman and we all know youngsters (and Starman) idolise sportsmen. As a professional sportsman he has a responsibility both on and off the track.

• Like 3

Much has been said about Darcys wrongdoings and expect he regrets all of them. I realise people dont like him but some need to calm down he isnt a pisshead he wasnt several times over the limit but he was over the limit and its right he should be punished, he was cleared of the alleged sexual assault and was at a pub at the wrong time. My daughter has had photos with him and he is a verylikeable person and nothing like the no good troublemaking drunken pervert that some seem to get pleasure in portraying him as.

• Like 1

Much has been said about Darcys wrongdoings and expect he regrets all of them. I realise people dont like him but some need to calm down he isnt a pisshead he wasnt several times over the limit but he was over the limit and its right he should be punished, he was cleared of the alleged sexual assault and was at a pub at the wrong time. My daughter has had photos with him and he is a verylikeable person and nothing like the no good troublemaking drunken pervert that some seem to get pleasure in portraying him as.

I think Darcy has shown that he is one of the most naturally talented riders on a speedway bike.

With regards to your point about different levels of being over the limit - you are either over the limit or you are not - there is no way to wrap it up as acceptable that he was just over the limit. If he had been driving a car - he would still have been banned. As I have said before, I hope that he has learned from this latest indiscretion because he is running out of chances he has been given.

• Like 1

Yet the facts would tell you otherwise.

It thats aimed me you are barking up the wrong tree. All I said was he likes a drink, a poke and a toke like most young lads. Doesnt make him a pervert!

I like Ward and hope hes not banned. I really believe he will have learnt his lesson this time. You can clearly see its killing him not being able to ride so im sure he will come back a changed man. If he doesnt then hes wasted his talent and no one can have any sympathy for him.

It may not be a reason for you or a fair few you know to go but whatever you think of Darcy Ward attendances increase when he is riding.

Rubbish !!!!

Didn't think you attend any BEL meetings anyways!!?

Go to pretty much all the Poole meetings at home since 2014.

Putting bums on seats is all about what he does on the track plus doing photos and autographs for the kids.

Don't agree at all. The crowd would be the same with or without him .One person does not make a club.

What he does in his private life is his business ????

• Like 2