British Speedway Forum

Poole have one of the strongest teams in the league. Yes Newman & Golmoski aren't in their usual form at present but most people know what they are capable of when they are. Poole were unlucky against Swindon with bike problems & exclusions so not sure why after one meeting people are doubting this team.

One engine failure for Chris in Heat 1 & maybe then on 2nd bike rest of night but where were the other problems?.

Not the other teams luck if a team keeps having falls & engine failures.

• Like 4

Mate, I don't give a monkeys, who Matt might drop or who he brings in. To me, the team that's got you to the PO's should be good enough to finish the job.

I don't think there's to many Poole fan who don't. But Matts the boss.

Poole have one of the strongest teams in the league. Yes Newman & Golmoski aren't in their usual form at present but most people know what they are capable of when they are. Poole were unlucky against Swindon with bike problems & exclusions so not sure why after one meeting people are doubting this team.

Quite right.

What excuses are you going to come up with after the visit of Rosco and the robins on 29th.

We have a new rider in our team a D Wardski who is sure he will be able to ride the Poole track very well, not only that we could do with 4 points.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

We wont win the league with the current 1-5.The team isn't good enough. North and Watt are too inconsistent. Our current position is based on results over the season so far not on current form and i hope win monday but that wont tell us anything about our play off chances because wolves are so weak at the moment

What excuses are you going to come up with after the visit of Rosco and the robins on 29th.

We have a new rider in our team a D Wardski who is sure he will be able to ride the Poole track very well, not only that we could do with 4 points.

I hope you do get something from the meeting. However 1 rider doesn't make a team. You also need your reserves & Kcrmar to ride well.

Really pleased for Maciej tonight, so fast, lovely guy, don't know anyone who dislikes him and he doesn't mind wet conditions.

• Like 3

Excuses, what excuses ? Bring it on, we really can't wait to give your lot and dear old uncle Rosco a Tonking. . ;):rofl:

• Like 1

Just to add fuel to the fire, Matt was live on BBC Radio Solent's Sports show Saturday afternoon for over an hour.

Amongst many other things he did say he was considering one possible change over the next couple of weeks as the team needed to score solidly both home and away.

He is quoted as saying 'I am keeping an eye on the situation'!! :wink:

(NB this is not a 'wind-up' - the show is available on BBC I-Player. MF joins the show just after 3 pm for over an hour.)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Really pleased for Maciej tonight, so fast, lovely guy, don't know anyone who dislikes him and he doesn't mind wet conditions.

The Hancock influence shines through. A pleasure to watch.

Yet he was second choice, to Ward!

Agree....My favourite rider......Would love to see Magic in Poole colours every year..... even if it means we have to let Holder or Ward go out on loan every year

Have to say that I agree. Would love to see him back in the Robin's colours if MF doesn't want him as it's for sure that MF will go for Ward again next season & then it's likely to have be a choice between Holder & Magic for the other position.

Have to say that I agree. Would love to see him back in the Robin's colours if MF doesn't want him as it's for sure that MF will go for Ward again next season & then it's likely to have be a choice between Holder & Magic for the other position.

Don't think Magic will be riding in Britain after this season which will be s shame, but like most Poles as soon as they get in the Gp's that's the case.

Mind you how many teams will be in the Delete league next season anyway which could mean hardly an fixtures.

Yet he was second choice, to Ward!

Not to me he wasn't, Maciej should always first choice

Just to add fuel to the fire, Matt was live on BBC Radio Solent's Sports show Saturday afternoon for over an hour.

Amongst many other things he did say he was considering one possible change over the next couple of weeks as the team needed to score solidly both home and away.

He is quoted as saying 'I am keeping an eye on the situation'!! :wink:

(NB this is not a 'wind-up' - the show is available on BBC I-Player. MF joins the show just after 3 pm for over an hour.)

There you go Matt agrees with me.

We cannot win the play offs with the current 1-5

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

This is why play offs in speedway don't work anywhere near as well as play offs in any other sport.....other sports have the playoff teams tracking the same team or squad that got them there....speedway has teams in the play offs that are sometimes unrecognisable from the team that got them there, sometimes not their fault due to injuries, but the league comes down to six matches with a completely different team, often full of guests from a knocked out team......i like the idea of play offs and they work in other sports but I'm not sure they work too well in speedway although it does keep the season alive for a lot of teams so in that way they do work.

• Like 1

what ever happens at the end of the season there will be loats of trophys given to riders

like best team rider award

rider of the night award

most improved ave award

and everyones favourite THE DARCY AWARD