British Speedway Forum

Backed down now have you ? He is wanted so badly as he is so good on the track and they are prepared to overlook his bad points for this.

As a Poole fan and sponsor I have no issue with him being in the team or not. I do however put some things above winning even if some don't.

Not particularly 'backing down'. I don't know the actual figures anymore than you do - simply going on what Matt has told me. Incidentally, I do believe the attendances dipped in September when Darcy was suspended, even though Poole were in the running for the play-offs again.

If any fan of any club stays away because one of their riders is not in the team are not true speedway fans. No one rider makes a team. Darcy thinks just because he is such a great talent that he can do no wrong in his eyes, in the publics eyes yes he is a great talent but he is not some super god who sits on his thrown for all to bow down to.

He has done wrong time and time again and this time he just went one step to far and got caught out, if he gets let of with a slap to the wrists, all it does is put out a message to other riders that it is OK for Darcy so it is fine for us to do. The only difference is that the other riders have got a brain and use it and have repect for their fellow riders.

Darcy has a just don't care attitude and this time he should have the book thrown at him with te maximum 2 year ban starting from the start of this season.

He knew what he was doing was wrong, all it would have taken him, was to have called off riding in that GP and he would still be riding now.

Come on Poole fands, I know that most of you know he did wrong and he deserves what he gets.

So get behind your team, whoever you have, they are one of if not the best in the EL as has shown in the past years, so it will be a Poole side, with or without Darcy Ward, to me it should be without, for the sake of the sport.

• Like 1

Imagine starman would be there on his jack jones if poole were struggling, with millions of surplus speedway stars scratching his head :)

Not that that would ever happen as they've usually got decent sides or pull a stroke here and there to keep them at the forefront of british speedway :)

What a whole load of tosh that one his best friends in speedway didn't get asked for a final decision before speaking to Chris & Darcy.

Is this bloke for real!!!!

• Like 2

Not particularly 'backing down'. I don't know the actual figures anymore than you do - simply going on what Matt has told me. Incidentally, I do believe the attendances dipped in September when Darcy was suspended, even though Poole were in the running for the play-offs again.

i would of said the uncertainty of the weather and countless postponements and unknowing of which days the meetings were actually going to be raced on were more of a factor in any attendance drop, not Dark Lord (sorry Darcy Ward) in fact i would say he has lost you more playoffs than won them for you.

• Like 2

i would of said the uncertainty of the weather and countless postponements and unknowing of which days the meetings were actually going to be raced on were more of a factor in any attendance drop, not Dark Lord (sorry Darcy Ward) in fact i would say he has lost you more playoffs than won them for you.

He's only ridden in two since he signed for us. And won them both...Yet we've been in the last 5 season finals and won 3 of them, so thats not bad, don't you think... ;)

Edited by Starman2006

What a whole load of tosh that one his best friends in speedway didn't get asked for a final decision before speaking to Chris & Darcy.

Is this bloke for real!!!!

Its a comedy gold isn't it

• Like 1

He's only ridden in two since he signed for us. And won them both...Yet we've been in the last 5 season finals and won 3 of them, so thats not bad, don't you think... ;)

exactly, where was he , oh yes p****d up, beaten up after being p****d up and banned after being p****d up

exactly, where was he , oh yes p****d up, beaten up after being p****d up and banned after being p****d up

Don't you have some homework to do..

im afraid im a little bit too old for homework, and the maid does the housework, but i would suggest that you broaden your horizons a little outside wimborne road and the oak tree arena, and actually take a look at what is really happening, especially in the life of , yes one of the most naturally talented riders to grace this sport, but who if he carries on this way wont have any reward or the accolades to go with them, due to a lifestyle that is from the 70s/80s and is no longer condoned in sport today, it wouldnt be so bad if he was a bit of a character with charisma, but he is just like the loner you see at the end of the bar in many a hostlery, and unfortunately the likes of yourself and mr Ford are doing him no favours whatsoever by putting him that oh so wobbly pedestal.

• Like 7

I am afraid his pedestal has now god a very bad case of dry rot and has collapsed in a big heap, it just goes to show that out of the 5 EL finals He was only there on 2 occasions, so it just shows that Poole can get along quite well without him.

He is a great talent, that he is letting go sadley to waste, just because he can't keep his life together. He needs someone of good standing to give him a good talking to and not the ones he sits with in the pub and listens to now.

Maybe there his more that meets the eye to why Darcy does what he does, he really didn't seem to have his heart in the sport the last 6 months he rode, before he was banned. You cold see the spark had gone from him when he came back into the pits after the races.

Don't think that's quite right Starry.

Ward rode against Coventry in 2010....http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/7435/poole-coventry-elpof-october-2010

And you didn't win that one.

Sorry 3, but i think there was a reason he scored so poorly in that, but i can't remember now.