British Speedway Forum

I,m not a Pboro fan but a regular at the Showground in there EL days perhaps I see things differently as being a neutral but to my mind the biggest problem at Pboro was and still is Swales his team managing skills are 0 for instance when kenneth and Niels was at Pboro they used to argue and fall out in the pits - when my team Kings Lynn moved up and our first signing was Niels i said I hope we don't sign Kenneth as they don't get on but sure enough we signed Kenneth but there was no falling out between them they got on with each other and they was together again last season and again this coming season why can they be friends and get on well at Kings Lynn but couldn't at Pboro ? There is one name linked with all Pboro teams of the past few years and I think that person is a lot of the problem .

What are you on about. Niels and Kenneth have always been good mates and often spend time together off the track playing golf ect..

• Like 1

What are you on about. Niels and Kenneth have always been good mates and often spend time together off the track playing golf ect..

Clearly somebody else who thinks they know what there talking about mate, but they don't...

Well said.

Say that again ... :o

I have been to the showground on numerous occassions and i have to say Trevor Swales always seems to have a good relationship with the riders. Ok he makes mistakes sometimes but he seems universally liked at peterborough, having spoken to him a few seasons ago i would say he is a down to earth decent bloke who has his club at heart and would be devasted if they had to fold which was on the cards.

Think Adams mentioned at the talk in that he would have to be sold if he wanted to come back to another club this season.

Rightly so.

But obviously the riders will do what is best for them irregardless.

Hopefully Tai has the scruples we all expect him to have.

As was proved by both Troy & Miedzinski it doesn't always mean if they don't ride for their parent club they have to be sold.

So 'from the horses mouth' this morning Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent says he will wait until the result of Ward's hearing before finalising his team. He is working on any one of the 3 following team options:-

1. Including Darcy Ward (8.70)

2. Including Maciej Janowski (7.50)

3. Including neither of the above but going with 2 riders of around 6 points (with 11.97 still available.)

So 'from the horses mouth' this morning Matt Ford on BBC Radio Solent says he will wait until the result of Ward's hearing before finalising his team. He is working on any one of the 3 following team options:-

3. Including neither of the above but going with 2 riders of around 6 points (with 11.97 still available.)

I think that is probably the scenarios most would have thought the most likely options.

he can wait but the probability of Wards hearing going ahead by the start of the new Speedway season is not very likely, so lets wait and go at it with the 5 riders we have got atm.

Bit harsh on Magic...2nd choice only IF Darcy gets a ban.

I also think Matt Ford has been pretty poor with his team selections and treament so far. Why Davey and Dak when Milik is available on a similar average? He was a revelation last year riding in the main team having not seen any of the tracks before. Ho so deserves a second season and I can see no reason why he has been overlooked...?

• Like 2

I also think Matt Ford has been pretty poor with his team selections and treament so far. Why Davey and Dak when Milik is available on a similar average? He was a revelation last year riding in the main team having not seen any of the tracks before. Ho so deserves a second season and I can see no reason why he has been overlooked...?

Milik has stepped up a league in Poland and has other commitments too, so may not be able/want to do a full UK season again. (even though he would be my preference as a 2nd string again!)

Magic is still very unsure of his commitments with the GPs and not wanting to overcommit himself. He will consider Uk at a push as he gets on so well with Matt - I believe he's given Sweden a miss so far for 2015.

Edited by Skidder1

Milik has stepped up a league in Poland and has other commitments too, so may not be able/want to do a full UK season again. (even though he would be my preference as a 2nd string again!)

Magic is still very unsure of his commitments with the GPs and not wanting to overcommit himself. He will consider Uk at a push as he gets on so well with Matt - I believe he's given Sweden a miss so far for 2015.

That's all just speculation though isn't it...unless you know Magic personally of course :D

its a Poole thing, just a few off the top of my head, Leon Madson, Medzinski, Josh... etc..etc.. average goes up from their starting one then get's dumped..

• Like 1

its a Poole thing, just a few off the top of my head, Leon Madson, Medzinski, Josh... etc..etc.. average goes up from their starting one then get's dumped..

I agree with that and as a Poole supporter I vehemenently dislike it. However, my point is why sign Davey and Dak who are both on a similar average to Milik when Milik is the best prospect for the future out of the three?

• Like 1

I agree with that and as a Poole supporter I vehemenently dislike it. However, my point is why sign Davey and Dak who are both on a similar average to Milik when Milik is the best prospect for the future out of the three?

Because Matt ford is thinking of 2015 only? Watt has the experience and has his average riding as a heatleader. North is the odd signing but again, in 2015 are North and Milik going going to average much different? Plus the Aussies are probably a lot easier to work with with fixtures and costs.