British Speedway Forum

Personally, I think both Ward and Krcmar will fail to maintain their averages. Krcmar is definitely one for the future, but based upon his scores for Gdansk this season, I think he'll struggle to make the same impact that Milik had for Poole last season.

Would expect krcmar to ride to his average, though agree he won't make the same impact milik did.

If I was a Swindon fan I'd be happy with the changes, not sure there were any better alternatives. People saying batch should have gone instead of howarth but batch plus krcmar surely stronger than howarth plus sub 6 pointer. And ward/krcmar likely stronger than howarth plus any of the alternative replacement s for AM

• Like 1

Appreciating, Ward is Box-Office, and also very talented, but whether he is right for Swindon only time will tell. Obviously his loyalty is to Poole and that's a big worry. I can't help in thinking this process is for their benefit only. Sure he will pull in the crowds, but I wouldn't bet there's an arrangement with Poole, in place to safeguard their position. Lets imagine a Poole and Swindon Final, and it comes down to Ward against Holder. Do you honestly think Ward would bite off the hand that feeds him.........

Do you think Poole would allow that...... Darcy is known to be selfish, but he's not stupid..... I would like to see Darcy sever all ties with POOLE and sign for someone else. and to give his all , all the time , If that club was to be Swindon then all well and good. But this way ,, No ,, like I said the only benefactors are Poole.........

Also, Its good to get new talent and this Krcmar might be real good. I hope he is... But I was under the impression everyone in our league was on at least a 5 CMA, so how is it possible to bring in riders with a lower average than that..... Is this the way of fiddling averages????? We sure do strange things in this league...........

• Like 1

People saying Kyle shouldn't of been sacked because of him being British are ridiculous. Rosco has done the right thing for his Swindon team, he had to make the changes and will strengthen the team no end, for example this past sky meeting, miedzinski and howarth scored 3 points, will darcy and krcmar? Without doubt!

Zengi was always the man to keep, as is a 6.50 to 7.00 elite league rider on his day, is Kyle, no, not yet anyway.

It's unfortunate that a young Brit has lost his team place but it's a result league not a pitty league, Kyle will get a team place somewhere else, he's good enough just needs a break and getting rid of the shocker of a meeting.

What has Ward's signing done to the share price of Arkells ? Might be worth getting on board quick. :D

Best thing speedway can do is distance itself from the arms race riders are dragged into. Too many NL and PL standard riders see what the GP riders have, with their 'teams' of mechanics and stable of bikes and think they need the same. They spend far too much money tuning bikes to get that last drop of energy out and as a result costs are rocketing. I have to admit I have little or no mechanical knowledge, but there has to be some mileage in looking at engine limiters or the like.

If GP riders want to spend a fortune on their bikes for the GPs then let them. But it's up to them to cover their own costs. Hopefully this would go a long way to reducing costs.

Ward, Krcmar,Batchelor,Morris,Zengi,Wright,Rose how can anyone really dispute the side now is alot stronger.This side would of cruised to the play/offs without bother,Rossiter like he has always done has made the decision in the best interests of Swindon Speedway.

Edited by sidney

Appreciating, Ward is Box-Office, and also very talented, but whether he is right for Swindon only time will tell. Obviously his loyalty is to Poole and that's a big worry. I can't help in thinking this process is for their benefit only. Sure he will pull in the crowds, but I wouldn't bet there's an arrangement with Poole, in place to safeguard their position. Lets imagine a Poole and Swindon Final, and it comes down to Ward against Holder. Do you honestly think Ward would bite off the hand that feeds him.........

Do you think Poole would allow that...... Darcy is known to be selfish, but he's not stupid..... I would like to see Darcy sever all ties with POOLE and sign for someone else. and to give his all , all the time , If that club was to be Swindon then all well and good. But this way ,, No ,, like I said the only benefactors are Poole.........

Also, Its good to get new talent and this Krcmar might be real good. I hope he is... But I was under the impression everyone in our league was on at least a 5 CMA, so how is it possible to bring in riders with a lower average than that..... Is this the way of fiddling averages????? We sure do strange things in this league...........

I wouldn't like Ward to sever all ties to Poole thanks. Ward won't ride slower against his parent club thats just a Poole conspiracy theory once again although don't expect too much on monday as its his first meeting.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't like Ward to sever all ties to Poole thanks. Ward won't ride slower against his parent club thats just a Poole conspiracy theory once again although don't expect too much on monday as its his first meeting.

If you were a betting man how many do you think Darcy will score? under 10? i think he will score nine or 10 from five his natural ability will carry him through.

I guess the banter given about Rosco sacking Howarth a british rider is not really about him not doing the right thing by his club but actually that he has repeatedly made comments about others not looking to develop british talent and also made some comments when Poole axed Howarth. Now he has done the same thing surely it can't be a surprise that people are now going to say the same about him.

• Like 1

Where I find Rosco hypocritical and at odds with his statements and position as Team GB manager is to replace Howarth with a foreigner when there are Brits who could have gained from the opportunity to d/u. Instead we are going to give that opportunity to a Czech.

• Like 1

Which Brits do you have in mind that would fit on average, not miss meetings due to fixture clashes and be capable of the 4-5 pts you'd expect krcmar to average?

I just wonder, as discussed elsewhere on this thread, when Rossiter will be bleating on next about "the lack of British youngsters progressing within the sport". I also wonder, albeit doubt, whether the interviewer will have the gonads to chuck this scenario straight back in his grinning face?

I also wonder, as mentioned, whether Mr. Batchelor will now witness and end to his 'mechanical gremlins'? Wouldn't that be so wonderfully advantageous.

I also wonder how a particular Mr. Ward can be deemed to be 'the ultimate professional'? To my mind, nothing could be further from the truth.

But mainly, I have to wonder how Speedway Supporters minds now work? A group of people that I have always deemed to be the fairest, honest and most sporting of fans now seem obsessed with this win at all costs mentality. These values now appear to have been sadly discarded.

Just listen to yourselves (some) Swindon fans. You should be bloody ashamed. Your team has sunk to the depths of the charlatans from Dorset, and yet you seem overjoyed to have signed a rider with Ward's history; in place of a loyal young British rider who has now lost, for the time being anyway, a significant part of his employment.

Alan Rossiter, by these actions, is an utter disgrace to British Speedway; particularly given his position of 'Team GB Manager'.

So what would you have done if you were a manager in the same situation?

So what would you have done if you were a manager in the same situation?

Done the same but never moan about the lack of British talent or slagging off other clubs for ditching young Brits for foreigners again basically him saying nothing

• Like 1

Spot on

Quite ironic, isn't it, thaat a select group of coventry fans are outraged at Swindon having to release a British rider, but seem more than happy to release on of their own to strengthen the Bees.

Or are you all hoping to bring Kyle Howarth in for Kylmakorpi?

• Like 3

Quite ironic, isn't it, thaat a select group of coventry fans are outraged at Swindon having to release a British rider, but seem more than happy to release on of their own to strengthen the Bees.

Or are you all hoping to bring Kyle Howarth in for Kylmakorpi?

Erm how many Brits do you you have in your team? Is it more than us or none at all apart from reserves ?

slight difference though Swindon are dropping 2 riders to fit in 2 better riders.

Poole chopped out Howarth for Mickey Dyer a scandalous decision.

No i dont agree with a young brit being dropped but then its to make the team stronger which is what you are supposed to do to be successful. Howarth for Dyer was at best like for like for no reason

You dumped up and coming brit Howarth for Mickey Dyer!!! How is his career going now?? Selective memory

I'm going to have to call bullrubbish here. Howarth and Ward were replaced when Ward got injured in May, and Jonasson and Pawlicki (statistically 'two better riders') were brought in. Micky Dyer came in to replace Dawid Stachrya a month later. Please stop making things up to use as a stick with which to beat Poole.

Apologies for putting this on the Swindon thread.

• Like 2