British Speedway Forum

Anyone else peed off that we have another dry thursday without a meeting. There are far too many gaps this year, which I appreciate some may have been left for rain offs but we now also seem to have no meeting when there is a GP on the following sat.

• Like 4

Anyone else peed off that we have another dry thursday without a meeting. There are far too many gaps this year, which I appreciate some may have been left for rain offs but we now also seem to have no meeting when there is a GP on the following sat.

Or do run a meeting and fill it full of guests not committed to either the GP or riding for their PL clubs....!

Unpalatable it maybe but British Speedway seriously needs to decide if having GP riders in teams is cost effective...

Do they really justify the money they earn, and the restrictions to the fixture list they bring, by the effect their appearances have on attendances?

I would suggest in most cases, not...

Allied to how better manage 'The Irish Speedway Team' (ie the Dublin Uppers). Those in 'charge' have some big decisions to make between now and next March..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

The fixture planning is a joke this year.Thats 2 Thursdays in the school holidays with no meeting. Lakeside is not an attractive fixture at Swindon these days but because the sun was out and it was school holidays the crowd was good. We watch meetings in the cold in April and October but have blank weeks in July and August. Its madness.

• Like 7

Too many riders have better things to do than race in Britain, unless they're short of fixtures elsewhere. Even when they can spare us some time they clearly treat it as a chance to practice and experiment rather than race.

They have to commit to Britain or go, even if it means more clubs following the lead of Eastbourne and Birmingham.

Are the 'names' really worth the shocking current state of British Speedway?

• Like 1

Are the 'names' really worth the shocking current state of British Speedway?

My answer to that is 'No.' I'd get rid of the lot, G.P. riders included and if that means I don't get to see Chris Harris ride for Coventry because he's still pratting about in the G.P's then fair enough I'll put up with it. I just wish all the teams in the E.L. and P.L. would join up into two regionalized leagues before I kick the bucket as I'm sick of all the gaps in the fixture list. The top 4 in each league then meet each other in play-offs at the end of the season. Never happen though as there probably aren't enough riders to go around. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 5

The fixture planning is a joke this year.Thats 2 Thursdays in the school holidays with no meeting. Lakeside is not an attractive fixture at Swindon these days but because the sun was out and it was school holidays the crowd was good. We watch meetings in the cold in April and October but have blank weeks in July and August. Its madness.

It's been the same for the last 4 or 5 years Coombers. The WTC seems to take centre stage during July, and those vital weeks when the children are off school are missed.

It's been said before that folk can easily get out of the habit of going to speedway if the fixtures aren't regular and consistent enough.

It's been the same for the last 4 or 5 years Coombers. The WTC seems to take centre stage during July, and those vital weeks when the children are off school are missed.

It's been said before that folk can easily get out of the habit of going to speedway if the fixtures aren't regular and consistent enough.

Think the World Cup is just one of a no of reasons why fans have stopped going.

The way the fixtures are done is ridiculous as how can you go to Leicester, Wolves & Poole away twice in the space of a month between each fixture.

They can't even hide behind bad weather for a crap fixture list this season.

• Like 1

Is Nick Morris back for the Coventry meeting? Might come along to this one - should be a good meeting.

• Like 1

So was Doyle not sold ?

Yes but Leicester and Swindon could not agree his price but as I have not received my percentage he has not been sold.

• Like 4

Having just watched Ward in Poland, you are privileged to watch him for the rest of the season.

• Like 4

Darcy was untouchable...........Think Darcy was losing power when finishing 2nd behind Niels

How many points did he score today ?

Edited by Starman2006

Darcy was untouchable...........Think Darcy was losing power when finishing 2nd behind Niels

Think it was more to do with being able to go down 6 points and use a tac sub