British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

Questions That Need An Answer

Not that we will get any answers!

Why was there no pre arranged rain off night for last nights semis?

Why are there only one set of covers?

Why was the start area not protected at Swindon?

Why does "the biggest club in British speedway" not have the facilities nor the materials to sort out a safe track?

And now the biggie

What happens if the track is unfit on Thursday and no other date can be found?

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

And now the biggie

It's Poole innit? The second leg will be abandoned and the result from the first leg only will stand.......possibly.

And now the biggie

KL should then be awarded a win as Poole could not complete the fixture.

But of course this is speedway so KL will get a draw giving Poole the final spot.

Or they will award the final spot to any team with an O in it or go by average rainfall or nearest team to the Equator or if that's KL furthest from the Equator.

Poole will get in whatever criteria they use :)

• Like 1

It's Poole innit? The second leg will be abandoned and the result from the first leg only will stand.......possibly.

Correct, if the 2nd leg doesn't run the 1st leg result stands.

If that is the case, and I would prefer to see a link to the rules ;) I don't expect much work to be done to the Poole track :mad:

I've now checked the rulebook and it seems it's the responsibility of the staging promotion to arrange a new date if they cannot do that the BSPA MC takes over and from the wording it looks like it can be done on another track.

To be honest last night speedway didn't just shoot itself in the foot, it shot it's bloody foot off.

My biggest bugbear, cos I expect shenanigans from Poole, was the lack of a prearranged rain off date. In my experience all finals, individuals etc have a rain off date. Do Sky/BSPA etc expect a tropical heatwave in October?

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

I would also like to know why only our league win in 2010 gets mentioned fleetingly and and 07 (Treble winners) and 05 came back from the bottom of the league does not get mentioned at all.

I would also like to know why only our league win in 2010 gets mentioned fleetingly and and 07 (Treble winners) and 05 came back from the bottom of the league does not get mentioned at all.

Because we beat Poole, when we shouldn't have done. The other two were not such big shocks by play-off time.

As for what happens if Thursday is off, the rules make no mention of such a scenario.

Not that we will get any answers!

Why was there no pre arranged rain off night for last nights semis?

Why was the start area not protected at Swindon?

Why does "the biggest club in British speedway" not have the facilities nor the materials to sort out a safe track?

And now the biggie

THEN we find out what a JOKE the 'Play Offs' really are.

• Like 2

As for what happens if Thursday is off, the rules make no mention of such a scenario.

Maybe someone should ask the question of the BSPA before Thursday :P

Because we beat Poole, when we shouldn't have done. The other two were not such big shocks by play-off time.

Agreed, however on last nights programme they showed "highlights" of when Swindon were demolished by Wolves...

Interesting that Edinburgh had covers on their track last Friday.

Are they the only set in the whole UK and did Swindon claim next use of them?

Edited by TheScotsman

Well that hardly makes Poole bothered about getting a track ready. :)

What a silly rule.

The home team should be encouraged to prepare a track with a whitewash a penalty for not doing so.

THEN we find out what a JOKE the 'Play Offs' really are.

I am a big fan of the PO system TWK but that is indeed a fair point.

Poole don't complete a fixture and win by default

Edited by pandorum

Feeling really sorry for any Kings Lynn fan who went to Poole yesterday. Dastardly & Mutley did a fantastic job of putting the meeting on last week despite the rain, so when the track conditions became a bit of a leveler, Poole were all too keen to race. And of course we remember how a year ago at Belle Vue, the rain and positively dangerous conditions didn't get in the way of an engineered 7 point win for the Pirates that scraped them into the play-offs when Sky and the "establishment" wanted them there. But yesterday, it was all too easy for Poole, who were facing the meeting with having to track 5 guests in a much weakened team, just to say, "it's been raining, the meeting's off". What a joke British speedway has become that Poole are allowed to call the tune while the rest of the sport has to dance to it.

I gather that Buster Chapman tweeted that he couldn't believe that a club with all the resources to employ the most expensive riders couldn't invest to the right equipment to either prevent track damage or to fix and prepare the track after a bit of rain. How true!

The other thing is the irony that the team that fell foul of Belle Vue's "plumbing failure" last year, now has a track unfit for racing through water damage just at a time when they would have faced going into the meeting with a severely weakened team. Funny that, innit?

From what I saw of the track it looked to be quite dry enough to race on. Niel Midlewich put his mouth into the wrong gear again when he gave the interview. When he said " The track is racable but not rideable. Think it would have made a lot of sense the other way around. This was done to give Maijic time to let his arm heel a bit. All the teams have been up against it just another one of Poole's pulling one over yet again.