British Speedway Forum
Stats

Australian Gp Is Back

Shove riders up against the fence apparently. To some, superb track craft and clean overtaking is 'boring'.

So rarely does he overtake someone, that is the boring bit. He doesn't really mix it when missing the gate. Great rider with few injuries because of that style. It works.

Going back to the Masters / Pedersen confrontation , it's about time mechanics stuck to just readying the bikes , seems they all think they are their rider's minder as well .

Two mechanics maximum, nobody else in the pit stall each team on the night.

Did anyone in Europe manage to snap up tickets for 2016 at the ungodly hour of 1am and 2am respectively when they went on sale at midday Australian ET Monday?

Again, no real thought into this. At least 7-8pm in Australia would have been the morning in Europe and thus a more suitable time of day to purchase

I haven't seen that so can't really comment. However, I can quite believe Nicki saying what Masters has accused him of.

Whatever the facts though...

to some people Nicki can do no wrong. To be fair, I feel the same way about Greg (with one obvious exception).

I am not defending Masters by the way.

Wrong end of the stick here.

I don't think there is a single person on the forum or in speedway who believes Nicki has never done anything wrong.

However, there are many people who judge incidents on their merit and don't let their judgements be clouded by past events.... then there are others who will condone violence, hard/dirty riding, abuse/goading on social media, petty press releases as long as it is against Nicki... all the while ignoring that Nicki has maintained a professional front throughout. These people's views basically have no credence and can be dismissed as deluded fanboys/girls. They're as bad as KKS was with Kenny Bjerre and MJJ.

Still up to his tricks I see. At a Plymouth v Somerset meeting a few years ago, both Masters and Kyle Hughes had a coming together. Hughes was stuck under his machine when Masters came up and kicked him, steel shoe et al.

Not the most popular visitor to the SBA.

Yes, but while Hughes was under his machine, he whipped out his phone and posted on Masters facebook page he was going to steal his action man figures, didn't you read the Masters statement regarding that incident?

• Like 3

I think some people defend Nicki regardless of his actions because he's the recognised 'bad boy', and it makes them feel a bit bad and dangerous too. They imagine themselves as a 'James Dean, rebel without a cause figure', and backing Greg would be a sign of weakness. :t:

I think some people defend Nicki regardless of his actions because he's the recognised 'bad boy', and it makes them feel a bit bad and dangerous too. They imagine themselves as a 'James Dean, rebel without a cause figure', and backing Greg would be a sign of weakness. :t:

Another delusional post.

What you fail to grasp is that when Nicki crosses the line, hardly anyone, if anyone, defend him.

Whereas when Hancock, Monster crew, Sam Masters etc cross the line, the fanboyds/girls are full of defense, praise, excuses.

You yourself are a prime example.. I even notice you've adopted the same childish style with your little digs that you no doubt consider to be amusing.

The reality of this situation is that there are no actions of Nicki to defend, he did nothing wrong.. yet here you are proving my point for me.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Big fines on there way to Masters and Pedersen.

I stand corrected, Masters received a fine for $1200, hope he enjoyed that one punch for that, not the smartest cookie in the tin.

cant think of many times Nicki has been banned from the sport?!!!...

• Like 3

Another delusional post.

What you fail to grasp is that when Nicki crosses the line, hardly anyone, if anyone, defend him.

Whereas when Hancock, Monster crew, Sam Masters etc cross the line, the fanboyds/girls are full of defense, praise, excuses.

You yourself are a prime example.. I even notice you've adopted the same childish style with your little digs that you no doubt consider to be amusing.

The reality of this situation is that there are no actions of Nicki to defend, he did nothing wrong.. yet here you are proving my point for me.

I've seen plenty of Nicki fans defend him when he crosses the line. He didn't do anything wrong on this occasion. I've always believed a bit of 'handbags' on the slowdown lap is all part of the entertainment.

I still maintain though that Nicki's mechanic started the trouble by getting in Masters face. He should have just left well alone.

I stand corrected, Masters received a fine for $1200, hope he enjoyed that one punch for that, not the smartest cookie in the tin.

cant think of many times Nicki has been banned from the sport?!!!...

He was banned for a week for kicking the Torun manager.

Hypothetical case.

I wonder what would have been the reaction had Tai not been restrained and allowed to go for Rico at Lakeside?

Hypothetical case.

I wonder what would have been the reaction had Tai not been restrained and allowed to go for Rico at Lakeside?

Lee would've thumped him. Tai was all mouth and no trousers in those days!

I never seen Hancock make a unbelievable move ..unless you count making the gate every race zzzzz

Which is in itself a great skill.

I bet that most other Riders wish they had reactions like Greg - for a man of 45 years of age, his reactions are phenomenal.

• Like 3

I bet that most other Riders wish they had reactions like Greg -

Of course who said otherwise ? he's still boring thou .

I believe Nicki and Doyle have both come off the worse of the on track incidents in the GP's this year, and they are both hard / sometimes reckless. I am not a Nicki hater. However, I believe Masters - I have seen Nicki do this before and in my mind it's diabolical, snide stuff. Put the arm around you, pull you close as if you're friends and sneer horrible threats / insults - I know (we all know) that he is capable of this, and I'd much rather someone was honest than do that. It happened at school it's a horrible feeling, and usually bullies / psychos are the only people I've met who behave like that. If I was Masters I'd have been pretty much the same, and I'm no fighter.

I believe Nicki and Doyle have both come off the worse of the on track incidents in the GP's this year, and they are both hard / sometimes reckless. I am not a Nicki hater. However, I believe Masters - I have seen Nicki do this before and in my mind it's diabolical, snide stuff. Put the arm around you, pull you close as if you're friends and sneer horrible threats / insults - I know (we all know) that he is capable of this, and I'd much rather someone was honest than do that. It happened at school it's a horrible feeling, and usually bullies / psychos are the only people I've met who behave like that. If I was Masters I'd have been pretty much the same, and I'm no fighter.

so you can now lip read through a helmet? And have before? Christ this just gets better, you have a unique talent damo
  • Like 1

Sam Masters has said what Nicki said to him, and I believe it - I think it was along the lines of 'Next time I'll put you in the F**** fence'. I can't lip read, no.

I have however previously seen similar behaviour from Nicki when, for example he laughed and made the yapping hand at zagar while sneering 'F*** you, yeah f*** you. In that incident as I recall he was hiding behind a few people who were holding him And Zagar apart.

I've often thought he deserves a slap. As I say, I can't lip read and have no unique talents, but I have an opinion of Nicki's behaviour that I am comfortable with.

all these countries that are getting involved and the supporters actually seeing the world champion crowned .. something us in the UK won't see unless we can afford to travel

• Like 1