British Speedway Forum

This business about averages seems straightforward to me. This involves three riders all, of whom, were in the Brummies' line-up at the start of the 2014 season. Danny was signed on 7.46, Ben 6.47 and Ed 6.39. Then, during the 2014 season, their averages changed resulting in new figures by the time Birmingham dropped out. Ed was released before then and, at that time, was carrying an average of 5.48 which moved to 5.25 following Greensheets issued wef. 1st July. Danny's had dropped to 6.71 and Ben's 5.94. Later, Ben signed for Coventry on, surprise surprise, 5.94, and Danny for Lakeside 6.71. Now for 2015.

Danny has joined Coventry on 6.74, his final EL average in 2014 and confirmed on the Bees' website. Ed will be 5.25 and Ben, if signed up in the EL, will be 5.94.

But Dannys end of season average does NOT take into account his 2014 Birmingham meetings. Sometimes between him signing for Lakeside and signing for Coventry his Birmingham meetings have been removed.

His average according to my figures from his last 28 meetings is 6.50 - but the BSPA website lists him as 6.74. Now if I used his last 28 meetings, going back to 2013 Birmingham and his 2014 Lakeside and NOT including his 2014 Birmingham I get, 6.74!! So it seems that they have removed his 2014 Brimingham meetings.

Edited by SCB

But Dannys end of season average does NOT take into account his 2014 Birmingham meetings. Sometimes between him signing for Lakeside and signing for Coventry his Birmingham meetings have been removed.

His average according to my figures from his last 28 meetings is 6.50 - but the BSPA website lists him as 6.74. Now if I used his last 28 meetings, going back to 2013 Birmingham and his 2014 Lakeside and NOT including his 2014 Birmingham I get, 6.74!! So it seems that they have removed his 2014 Brimingham meetings.

I am not in possession of your figures. Therefore I am using those only available to me, Greensheets as provided by the BSPA. Therefore, check these throughout he 2014 season, then explain where they are wrong:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/elteamissues14

I am not in possession of your figures. Therefore I am using those only available to me, Greensheets as provided by the BSPA. Therefore, check these throughout he 2014 season, then explain where they are wrong:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/elteamissues14

Danny was on 6.11 in October but despite not riding a single league meeting in October (of the last week of Sept) his average went up to 6.74 - how so?

Surely teams that have announced riders and some with full teams have had the averages verified.Or else some teams may have gone over the 34 point limit or indeed further under the 34 points which may have enabled them to strengthen more.I wouldn't mind betting every club knows what average their riders have in their respective teams,it's just us fans that always seem to be left in the dark.

You are obviously not aware of the problems surrounding Somerset.

Be that as it may, why should Lakeside announce Kennets average when no othe club announces their riders average. If it was common place for clubs to give the riders average I could see the point.

You are obviously not aware of the problems surrounding Somerset.

Be that as it may, why should Lakeside announce Kennets average when no othe club announces their riders average. If it was common place for clubs to give the riders average I could see the point.

Wolves have announced Musielak as 6.50!!

well he certainly chickened out when ford called off the match 2013, surely he had it in his power to refuse any bribes of payment for travel expenses and expected poole to stick to the agreed fixture,

poole were even told by the scb to revert back but didnt and then concocted this ''agreement'' with lakeside

cook shouild of had the ''balls'' to stick up for his team and the rules......

but for that lakeside would of probably of been in the playoffs.....

We have been over this's thousand times. The only people with the power to call off a fixture are the home promoter until the referee takes charge of a meeting, then the power rests with the ref. if you say otherwise please quote the rule or rules you say he should have stood up for, because nobody has been able to do so yet .

Ford defied the BSPA but according to SS the matter was going before BSPA the following July and they did nothing. Belle Vue called off a match in similar circumstances, but they were fined £5000 for lying about the reason.

Wolves have announced Musielak as 6.50!!

As a foreign rider new to Britain his average is assessed differently. I belive it is Peter Oakes that works the average out based on continental performances.

Edited by E I Addio

happy xmas to all lakeside fans and a prosperous new year

You too!

According to the Speedway Star, we only have 5.96 remaining ... I'm hoping that's not right! I guess nobody knows for sure until the averages are confirmed.

Edited by Mjolnir

You too!

According to the Speedway Star, we only have 5.96 remaining ... I'm hoping that's not right! I guess nobody knows for sure until the averages are confirmed.

5.96 = kiss and make up with Richie Worrall?

5.96 = kiss and make up with Richie Worrall?

you expecting Somerset to get shot of him?

you expecting Somerset to get shot of him?

Opps. Totally forgot. Maybe not then!

Opps. Totally forgot. Maybe not then!

stranger things have happened though!

You too!

Speedway Star have got it wrong as usual. They must print the first thing that comes into their head without checking anything.

• Like 1

PK to return ?

His big problem has been getting a set up to work for him with the new silencer but that could change and the real Peter Karlsson would be seen again.

Wolves obviously have first choice on his services but they really need a heat leader so two six point riders may not interest them.

Jonsson

Bech

Lawson

Karlsson

Kennett

Could be solid and certainly strong at home.

I feel for Lakeside fans llosing Bridger, on his day can look world class, you must be gutted