British Speedway Forum

Looks like the final team place goes to Kim:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=8946

Not all that surprising or exciting as team announcements go, but he does have the potential to up his average, particularly riding with AJ this season, and at least we'll have another club asset on board.

To be honest I think we might struggle at #3 throughout the season - but as the riders move up and down from that third heatleader spot we should have 2 very solid second strings which might make up for it to some extent, especially with a strong top 2. It's looking like plenty of other teams might struggle to have 3 genuine heat leaders anyway.

A lot depends on Kim improving and Eddie hitting some good form this season I think.

Beat me to it :)

I agree. They come in almost a point under the limit with no absolutely genuine second heatleader , although Biech will hopefully grow into that role.

In a way taking a big gamble on several riders making big improvement but having said that, the potential is definitely there and if you don't take a gamble sometimes you don't normally win anything in speedway. At least it's new faces and a fresh approach.

So, I would say, not exactly the strongest side in the League and not exactly nailed on for the play offs but the potential is there.

Personally I like Kim and not disappointed with the choice. He has upped his average every time he has ridden for Lakeside. He and Ed Kennett will be pretty crucial players though.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Same feelings here, Kim is a good rider, But after the announcement of the first 2 riders, it seems like a bit of an anti climax

one solid, outstanding, heat leader and four second strings, maybe I'm being a bit harsh there

Lakeside will do ok but may struggle away from home and with that 3rd heatleader role.

You might struggle at the start of the season but in theory AJ's ave might come down to enable you to strengthen the team later on.

Although not a Hammers fan glad to see AJ back

• Like 1

I thought it was great to see AJ back in the UK and he is almost unbeatable round Purfleet, M Bech was a good second signing after that I can't see where your match winners will come from especially away from home.

I still have trouble accepting a team in Purfleet being called "Hammers"!.

I thought it was great to see AJ back in the UK and he is almost unbeatable round Purfleet, M Bech was a good second signing after that I can't see where your match winners will come from especially away from home.

None of us have a crystal ball of course but Kim and Richard have both top scored on away tracks on more than on one occasion. Lawson in particular has gone to Poole and beaten Darcy Ward twice, so the potential is there, but whether or not it materialises remains to be seen. Personally I don't think away wins is always about good riders but more about getting all the team to fire at the same time on tracks they should be able to ride well. This has been part of Lakesides problem in the past. Logically the best place to expect to win would be Eastbourne, and sometimes they did but more often there seemed to be someone or other that had an off night.

I still have trouble accepting a team in Purfleet being called "Hammers"!.

It could be worse. They could be called the "Hawks" and then you would really have something to complain about ! :D

• Like 2

None of us have a crystal ball of course but Kim and Richard have both top scored on away tracks on more than on one occasion. Lawson in particular has gone to Poole and beaten Darcy Ward twice, so the potential is there, but whether or not it materialises remains to be seen. Personally I don't think away wins is always about good riders but more about getting all the team to fire at the same time on tracks they should be able to ride well. This has been part of Lakesides problem in the past. Logically the best place to expect to win would be Eastbourne, and sometimes they did but more often there seemed to be someone or other that had an off night.

It could be worse. They could be called the "Hawks" and then you would really have something to complain about ! :D

Lakeside Hawks...it has a certain cachet.

Could be proven wrong but don't feel there is enough heat leaders esp when the reserve pairing looks one of the weaker in the league.

Kylmakorpi would have been a better signing if he is up for the job while Nilsson showed in patches what he could do. Will he be at #2 or #4 as Kennett obviously be the other second string and it depends which one is best suited to being with AJ.

Good looking team at home but away ?

Exciting looking side in my opinion. Lakeside teams in recent years have not got the paying public's juices flowing when they have ridden away from home (especially at Swindon). This team is definitely different.

• Like 1

Same feelings here, Kim is a good rider, But after the announcement of the first 2 riders, it seems like a bit of an anti climax

one solid, outstanding, heat leader and four second strings, maybe I'm being a bit harsh there

I can only agree, AJ and Bech were a good start though.

Very good start from lakeside,no 3rd heatleader will cost them away.

Exciting looking side in my opinion. Lakeside teams in recent years have not got the paying public's juices flowing when they have ridden away from home (especially at Swindon). This team is definitely different.

No it's not - same old, same old. Lakeside, Eastbourne and BV haven't been crowd pullers at Swindon for a number of years because, apart from a couple of freak results, they usually get mashed!

Kylmakorpi would have been a better signing if he is up for the job while Nilsson showed in patches what he could do. Will he be at #2 or #4 as Kennett obviously be the other second string and it depends which one is best suited to being with AJ.

Good looking team at home but away ?

I don't think many Lakeside fans would want Kylmo back but Kim is pretty popular with the crowd. Kim and AJ ride together in Sweden so it it would be logical to,put them together over here. Kennett should be a good partner to Lawson as they are both team players, and likely to help,each other .

• Like 2