British Speedway Forum

Better to keep the team on track than lose them all together? If Central Park provides a stop gap whilst another venue is found nearer / in Essex it has to be a benefit.

Not a perfect solution but some any speedway is better than no speedway

• Like 2

Fortunatey working on the railway gives acces to a lot of people with a lot of contacts and a workmate who is a proper petrol head and close to the family who own arena essex summised that the speedway going could only be down to plans to renovate the stock car track making it bigger, their four wheeled events are doing well in particular the car drifting which is hugely popular and apparently making a killing, so this may not be Terry Russell circa 1995 all over again but a case of the speedway being booted on financial grounds, I guess though there is no reason why the academy can't stay there although it would under the circumstances be more sensible to move it to Iwade.

Re Iwade.

The SCB have a problem with that believe me so thats probably not an option plus the guys at Iwade would probably have something to say about it as why should they be associated with anything going on at Central Park?

Personally hope the Hammers stay at Lakeside and Kings stay at CP.

Edited by Nikko

Better to keep the team on track than lose them all together? If Central Park provides a stop gap whilst another venue is found nearer / in Essex it has to be a benefit.

Not a perfect solution but some any speedway is better than no speedway

For a lot of people in Essex that will mean no speedway.

Essex is far to built up now so finding a place suitable for speedway will be almost impossible, bar the traffic congestion on a Friday night and somewhat sparse facilities Arena Essex was the ideal venue.

If they moved to CP then i could see them being a sole Elite League club and maybe do a bit of training their too? I see on twitter that there is no academy training this Saturday because the stadium is in use but quite how that would effect the academy i have no idea? I just hope this is not going down the route of a falling out between the two parties, the Speedway and "Arena Essex" have been together for 31 years this season and i have been following for 27 of those, quite literally man and boy!

In fact considering the milestone i am a little surprised those 30 years have not been marked in some fashion, even if it was just a parade of a selection of riders from the past who have donned the legendary Hammers race jacket, there's an awful lot of history there!

• Like 2

For a lot of people in Essex that will mean no speedway.

Only if you believe the ol' forum rumour mill !

Ashley Birks being your Tier 1 FT reserve is due to miss 13 meetings this year and Sheffield looking likely to reach the semi- Finals of the league cup it could be 13-17 meetings, form on the road has been poor so far 3 @ King's Lynn and 1+1 @ Poole last night. Is he really ideal as a Tier 1 FT reserve? Any thoughts?

Ashley Birks being your Tier 1 FT reserve is due to miss 13 meetings this year and Sheffield looking likely to reach the semi- Finals of the league cup it could be 13-17 meetings, form on the road has been poor so far 3 @ King's Lynn and 1+1 @ Poole last night. Is he really ideal as a Tier 1 FT reserve? Any thoughts?

It would appear not at present - regularly outscored by his fellow (lower ranked) reserve.

On the basis of last Fridays meeting Steve Boxall is staking a pretty could claim and reading between the lines of this weeks Speedway Star he is desperate for a chance.

On the basis of last Fridays meeting Steve Boxall is staking a pretty could claim and reading between the lines of this weeks Speedway Star he is desperate for a chance.

His performance at Swindon tonight could really help his cause.

It's early days though - I always find it a bit surprising when people talk about a team's strength or a rider's performances this early in a season. Having said that, I expected Ashley to be performing better away than at home (although he did look better at Lakeside than I expected for his first couple of meetings - I thought it would take him some time to figure out the track).

If he doesn't start picking up points away, I wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced by Boxall if possible - and if he has to be replaced, I'd be happy to have Steve in the team. Ashley being missing for so many meetings obviously isn't ideal so it's sure to be a factor.

Edited by Mjolnir

Can anyone direct me to Lakeside's 2013 averages, preferably with a Home / Away split please, thanks!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Can anyone direct me to Lakeside's 2013 averages, preferably with a Home / Away split please, thanks!

http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Team/18

No home and away split - and you do need to select 2013 on the right hand side under the menu.

If you really do want/need a home/away split I can get you the figures tomorrow. You're probably best PMing me tomorrow to remind me.

Edited by SCB

From my own stats:

Peter Karlsson H8.27 A7.10 Overall 7.74

Davey Watt H8.74 A6.44 Overall 7.54

Piotr Swiderski H7.75 A4.62 Overall 6.17

Lewis Bridger H7.33 A5.07 Overall 6.25

Kim Nilsson H5.33 A4.64 Overall4.96

Robert Mear H4.87 A2.17 Overall3.49

Richard Lawson H5.16 A4.56 Overall 4.84

Seb Ulamek H6.38A4.92 Overall 5.96

Kevin Doolan H4.24 A2.67 Overall 3.75

All excluding bonus points.

@Lakesidelive: Get well soon Andreas Jonsson who has injured his knee while riding in Poland,let's hope he's fit for Saturday's GP & for Wolves on the 20th