British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

World Champion Crowning

I've said this before many times on my facebook or whatever, but does anyone here think it's a shame that in the current format we in the UK don't ever get to see the world champion crowned as we don't get the last GP.

ok, so we have a GP here and it's a good place to go, but seeing a rider win a GP isn't quite the same, it's just a part of the process in getting as many points as possible in June/July.

actually seeing the best in the world crowned would be amazing at Cardiff, I think the crowd would be good, and the atmosphere amazing.

I've said this before many times on my facebook or whatever, but does anyone here think it's a shame that in the current format we in the UK don't ever get to see the world champion crowned as we don't get the last GP.

ok, so we have a GP here and it's a good place to go, but seeing a rider win a GP isn't quite the same, it's just a part of the process in getting as many points as possible in June/July.

actually seeing the best in the world crowned would be amazing at Cardiff, I think the crowd would be good, and the atmosphere amazing.

Absolutely agree but the availability of the Millennium Stadium is a major problem in October and that's the only venue that could justify such an event. Wembley would be a no go as seen already weather wise this month.

Be nice if the final round did a tour of the countries (that have the stadium to take it).

OK next year in Melbourne, but Cardiff in October for the final would be great.

Just be grateful u get to see a round of the Championship in our lowly little speedway country lol

looks like for the next 5 years everyone in Europe will have to get up at about 4am to see the world champion crowned

looks like for the next 5 years everyone in Europe will have to get up at about 4am to see the world champion crowned

MELBOURNE is nine hours ahead, 7pm start local time, 10am in the UK, finish around 1pm.

MELBOURNE is nine hours ahead, 7pm start local time, 10am in the UK, finish around 1pm.

Melbourne is 11 hours ahead of GMT.

Today Melbourne is nine hours ahead

-------

My iPad clock suggests 10 hours.

10 hours it is:

19:00:00 Saturday October 24, 2015 in Australia/Melbourne converts to

09:00:00 Saturday October 24, 2015 in Europe/London

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Edited by Ghostwalker

Still a slap in the face to the many loyal European speedway fans who follow the circus around Europe for several months of the season, now denied the opportunity to see the World Champion crowned for the next five years.

• Like 1

SENIOR moment ... forgot I was on Polish time so 10 it is. Would agree about having final round in Oz for the next five years. Also think it is a gamble for them too.

Still a slap in the face to the many loyal European speedway fans who follow the circus around Europe for several months of the season, now denied the opportunity to see the World Champion crowned for the next five years.

It is the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, not the European championship...Does it matter where the last round is, really?...Speedway needs to grow worldwide to move forward, USA next.....IMO

• Like 1

It is the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, not the European championship...Does it matter where the last round is, really?...Speedway needs to grow worldwide to move forward, USA next.....IMO

Not really when u only watch them on tv.