British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

El Play Off Final 2nd Leg - Poole V Coventry Monday 20th October 2014

What!!!

This decision is one of the worst ive ever seen.

Firstly to award the race was a farse,the ref had clearly been told to move the meeting on at all costs,because of the weather,heat 2 was also a jump start but he let it go.

2- Frickle had just been passed by the Poole boys when harris wiped him out,whos to say Max could not have repassed the poole boys,you just cant say that when he was passed 5 seconds earlier.

3-someones telling porkies,when Havy was intereviewed he said the ref said Harris!!!! had no chance of catching the poole boys!!! Harris was excluded wasnt he?!! do we know 100% he was exluded .

4 If you are going to have 2 lap races 2 or 3 times during the meeting,how can you expect the fans to come back ? Talk about being short changed,i dont know what the ref is doing awarding races at any cost when people pay good money to watch 4 lao racing.At least the flag man on the track thought the same as me and tried to give value with an extra lap in one heat!!!!

5 who was the ref last night?.It should be standard to say who the ref is before heat 1

Was the right call 100% However would not have changed the outcome of the meeting.

Main team sponsors next year again?

I think not as we wish to step back up to where we were in the SGP and rider sponsorship but will be more involved with Poole for 2015 than 14/13 once we sit down with the main man, but never say never as one just does not know whats round the corner ;)

Pitty as Poole are on the look out for a new main sponsor and a very local company would be perfect.

You don't really want to sponsor the GP series when your local club needs a backer :)

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Best quote of the season.. Kelvin Tatum when Pearson asked if the ref would award the race after 4 laps instead of 5 laps in the 5 lap race.

"Well he awarded a race after 2 laps, so I hope he would award after 4 laps".

Pitty as Poole are on the look out for a new main sponsor and a very local company would be perfect.

You don't really want to sponsor the GP series when your local club needs a backer :)

Do you mean Meridian Lifts Or County Crest Pallets? Both, would make superb Main team sponsors..

Hard to read through some of this thread in case I catch the 'negative' bug, god some people are hard to please!

I really enjoyed last night. I thought the sky coverage was excellent, the racing was exciting with plenty of drama, both teams weren't prepared to give an inch and it made for a great ending to what has been a poor season for british speedway. I’m a massive fan of the play offs, it’s the exciting part of the season, it’s what gets stadiums full and like last night, it produces some great action and excitement!

It’s certainly wets my appetite for next season already!

Janowski, Newman & Pawlicki were exception for the Pirates and whatever you think of Poole, Matt Ford & Middlo, they know how to win titles and they know how to build teams year after year.

Great post mate. We do try... :t:

You looked like a real star on the TV last night Starman :D

Yeh i know, shame i didn't have my best side showing! :rofl:

Speedwaysliders the reason we have races cut short; riders who fell would look up to see what position there partner was in then fall back down if he was last. That is the reason when the leader has started lap 3 and then the red lights come on he can award

Janowski showed what a class rider he is last night. Have always rated him. At Swindon he looked good, albeit a little inconsistent. He improved steadily at KingsLynn, and looks the real deal at Poole

Pretty sure he will be back at Poole next year and in my opinion, the next Polish world champion.

Janowski showed what a class rider he is last night. Have always rated him. At Swindon he looked good, albeit a little inconsistent. He improved steadily at KingsLynn, and looks the real deal at Poole

Pretty sure he will be back at Poole next year and in my opinion, the next Polish world champion.

Big shout ER i don't think he will win it,but god he has real ability and seems a real nice bloke with it.I really think young Pawlicki has a great shout but this era with Emil,? Darcy? Tai, is a strong one for me someone with a real live chance if aloud to enter is Laguta for me he is a class act.The pole riding tomorrow at the Abbey is very talented indeed it will be interesting how he does ER?i thought we nearly signed him a couple of years ago.

Don't know too much about this Pole Sid. Be interesting to see how he does.

Regarding Janowski, I recall Leigh Adams comment to the centre green presenter...."he is the best Swindon signing since me"

Shame we didn't see his best years, but in Doyley, we have a decent replacement. If of course we use him!

• Like 1

Janowski has improved out of all recognition since he has been with poole, this year he has been amazing.As for the much discussed awarded race,at the time I thought it should have been awarded as it appeared fricke could of cleared track but didnt, on reflection as Harris was excluded for knocking fricke off it should have been re-run although cant really see the result of that race would have changed.

What a cracking meeting we had riders jumping the starts, riders turning left on riders, riders try to fence riders, A rider being told his services were not required so a replacement could be brought in, and still Poole win.

We[[ done all the Pirate, and commiserations to Coventry and their supporters. Also commiserations to all the Poole haters as you are probably having a bad time at the moment trying to think of nasty thing to say

Didn't watch the meeting live due to being at work but saw the highlights on Sky sports news.What struck me was the Poole team celebrating with the champagne and fireworks going off in the background,something that was denied the Coventry team of 2010,their crime being beating Poole fairly and squarely on their own track to become champions.Yes we know Poole are good winners but until you become graceful losers,not petty and vindictive when things don't go you're way your achievements won't be lauded and celebrated by many outside Dorset.

• Like 8

For polish riders Janowski and Pawlicki have adapted well to British type tracks and I am impressed with Milik who usually has a dodgy 1st ride but then seems to be able to get dialled in. Poole seem to be able to pick the right Foreign riders deserving winners IMO.

• Like 1

Speedwaysliders the reason we have races cut short; riders who fell would look up to see what position there partner was in then fall back down if he was last. That is the reason when the leader has started lap 3 and then the red lights come on he can award

OK i undestand where you are coming from,but the rider that went down WASNT THE ONE EXCLUDED!! .Harris knocked him off before lap 2 had even started,Harris excluded,it got to be one of the worst decisions ive seen as seconds before that Max had just been past by the 2nd Poole rider,riding hard into the 3rd bend,but before Max could get his bearings and respond,he was wiped out by Harris!!!.How the ref can even start to think about awarding the race,when the rider who is "supposed to be" not going to challenge the poole riders,cant challange because he is in the fence!!!.Im a neutral in all this and the decision is so bad that im going to take it up with somone,im not to sure who,but im going to make my feelings known!!!

• Like 2

Didn't watch the meeting live due to being at work but saw the highlights on Sky sports news.What struck me was the Poole team celebrating with the champagne and fireworks going off in the background,something that was denied the Coventry team of 2010,their crime being beating Poole fairly and squarely on their own track to become champions.Yes we know Poole are good winners but until you become graceful losers,not petty and vindictive when things don't go you're way your achievements won't be lauded and celebrated by many outside Dorset.

Get a life. You're so desperate to say something against Poole that you have to go back four years !!!

This was bled to death at the time and ever since . I agree It was bad at the time but forget it. I don't think Coventry gave us fireworks in 1952 but we don't go on about it.

OK i undestand where you are coming from,but the rider that went down WASNT THE ONE EXCLUDED!! .Harris knocked him off before lap 2 had even started,Harris excluded,it got to be one of the worst decisions ive seen as seconds before that Max had just been past by the 2nd Poole rider,riding hard into the 3rd bend,but before Max could get his bearings and respond,he was wiped out by Harris!!!.How the ref can even start to think about awarding the race,when the rider who is "supposed to be" not going to challenge the poole riders,cant challange because he is in the fence!!!.Im a neutral in all this and the decision is so bad that im going to take it up with somone,im not to sure who,but im going to make my feelings known!!!

As I've said elsewhere I think it was a good decision. In this case Fricke was clearly taken out by Harris, but why should Coventry get a second chance over an incident that was nothing to do with the Poole riders.

OK Havvy I'll be another clairvoyant, but the two Poole lads were never going to be caught, now be honest now, fact not theoretical.

The 'professional foul' of riders dropping it and staying down (not in this case I agree) has become a blight on the sport and we need stronger referees who are going to award races in these circumstances to stop the cheats.

Edited by Pirate Baz
  • Like 3

It's easy to say all that but the decision not to release the champers and fireworks in 2010 was not made by the Poole fans, unless you don't count them as part of Poole. A good management may have recognized and anticipated they could win away from home and had agreed with the away promoter as to what would occur. Maybe Coventry didn't plan to win that year? I wonder if Poole had the away meeting last ... would they have organised the trimmings of their celebration?

I certainly enjoyed the meeting and congrats to Poole.

You guys need to keep hold of Janowski for however long you can. Absolutely class, it's a real highlight to see him growing.

Poole rightfully won the league, what with finishing top aswell. Better team over the two legs so congratulations to the Pirates.

Very proud of the Bees this season especially after 2013, I hope we can be up there again next season. I have really enjoyed it.

• Like 1