British Speedway Forum
SomersetBlue

Pl Playoff Final Somerset Vs Edinburgh 24th October!

Youngy, but surely you have to admit that Cookie does roll a little sometimes.

In the Scunthorpe vs Edinburgh meeting earlier in the season, Cookie got away with such an outregeous roller in Heat 13 that he was able visit the bar on the first turn, buy and drink three pints, then have a play on the kiddies slide on the second turn, and still be leading up the back straight. :P

Mind you, there are riders from all clubs who get a bit of a roller. At a recent meeting at Ippo, the Witches fans near me were getting in a right lather about Klindt & Jorgensen, while being completely oblivious to the fact that Tungate was doing exactly the same!

Rob, he does that off 15m too!!

All the best

Rob

didnt somerset win the title by virtue of having a tac ride and the opposition never??... Sure someone did.... Scunny maybe?

Sorry they might of but cant remember. if they did its not fair. The rule is a joke. Thats my opinion but other people might think its a great rule ?

• Like 1

So the Smugs could win this on the tac ride rule , what a farce !!! Surely in the playoff grand final the tac should be scrapped . Don't think 12 points is enough to take to the Glory Field , and going on tonight's performance they don't deserve it , vulnerability showed once again ..... Or maybe the track was too slick , on their second bikes, meaningless match , let the excuses begin . Go for it tomorrow Rebels, these lot are a two/three man team

• Like 3

So the Smugs could win this on the tac ride rule , what a farce !!! Surely in the playoff grand final the tac should be scrapped . Don't think 12 points is enough to take to the Glory Field , and going on tonight's performance they don't deserve it , vulnerability showed once again ..... Or maybe the track was too slick , on their second bikes, meaningless match , let the excuses begin . Go for it tomorrow Rebels, these lot are a two/three man team

This is gonna be a tight one. Tac sub rule is a joke.Hope the Rebels do it.

• Like 1

wouldn't have expected anything else from craig cook and Edinburgh monarchs number 1 fan.

Comical! :rofl:

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Ah..the Queen of the Anti-Monarchs puts in an appearance once again *bows royally and tugs forelock* :P i didnt think it'd be long before you put in an appearance your Madgeness ;) You do seem rather obsessed with all things Blue & Gold TJ..aye jealousy is indeed a terrible thing right enough.Deep down i think you'd like a season ticket for our humble West Lothian home wouldnt you lol? Comets trophy winning days must seem like a long time ago now right enough..or correction winning anything this decade.. apart from the pairs that is :D Craig Cook knew when the time was right to leave and ride for a decent team at a decent track,and in the process has proved to be far better than any Comets #1 since and any other teams #1 in the past couple of years too come to think.His record and the hard work & dedication he put's in to his speedway speaks for itself..Cookie is indeed a fantastic gater as has been pointed out,but doesnt always have to rely on that to win races.Because of his success,it's cue all the crap that gets flung Cookies way..by folk like your good self..dear dear.Oh and my eyesight is 20/20 so no need for glasses thankfully Maaaammm.I hope your support for the Bitches in the KO Cup final has the same effect on our friends from Somerset by the way :lol:

You obviously misunderstand my posts , nothing to do with the blue & gold team at all , it's the same as hundreds on here , it's having to listen to you blue & gold fans , go on and on and on ..... A team can beat you and they're on here, we weren't trying , meaningless match ,etc etc. Everyone likes their team to do well but you's take it to another level .That's what really grinds on me !!

• Like 3

If you read our Chatzone, you will see that most of us so called "smugs" don't like the tac rule either but it is still there to be used and yes, we needed it tonight and thanks to Cookie and Sam who rode well to take maximum advantage.

No excuses for tonight..... Somerset beat us fair and square. Roll on tomorrow.....

The league is not decided on just 1 (or even 2 or 3) performances. Our results over the season are why we are in the playoff's.

Win or lose tomorrow, we will remain very proud of what our team has achieved

• Like 1

I will be amazed if somerset dont have to use tacticals tomorrow.... If they dont the will be champs just about.

You obviously misunderstand my posts , nothing to do with the blue & gold team at all , it's the same as hundreds on here , it's having to listen to you blue & gold fans , go on and on and on ..... A team can beat you and they're on here, we weren't trying , meaningless match ,etc etc. Everyone likes their team to do well but you's take it to another level .That's what really grinds on me !!

Nah..i understand you perfectly TJ.The match i was referring to was totally meaningless.Come back and beat us in a meaningful match and i'll heartily congratulate the Comets in a sporting manner.I've seen garbage Monarchs teams many a time and i dare say i will again,but i will not apologise for celebrating when a really special team comes along.Of course as long standing & sometimes suffering fans we're gonna make the most of it and have a few laughs along the way.A year or 2 ago we were nearly out of business so you have to enjoy while you can..win or lose.Life is short and all that pish y'know.I wish some people on here a speedy recovery from their sense of humour bypass ops.. As for the '100s' on here..couldnt give a rats really....and in other news Monarchs lost at Ye Old Oak Tree Tin of Ham Arena by 12 points tonight..congrats my West Country brothers & Sisters :) However..the fat lady hasnt even got her corset done up yet..you'd better bring your top game with you when you get to Armadale tomorrow..you'll need it big time..enjoy whats left of your evening.. peeps ;) #BringItOan

Dear dear..You don't half spout some right old pony Mr Jammy Dodgy.. :icon_smile_clown: And in some late breaking news a search party from a village in Cumbria has set out as one of it's I.Q negative members has gone awol..i do hope they find him.. :P

Edited by Young51

Poor guest tonight,give it all you have lads and you never know,thanks for a great year at the ota

I will be amazed if somerset dont have to use tacticals tomorrow.... If they dont the will be champs just about.

You can bet your bottom dollar they will be using there 2 tac subs tomorrow ;)

Poor guest tonight,give it all you have lads and you never know,thanks for a great year at the ota

Perhaps Somerset should have had R/R at Number 1 and found someone to cover Brady Kurtz.

I can see Summers scoring an 18 point maximum and keeping the trophy in its rightful place down Cornwall way...

Come on Rebels

good to see embra saving theneselves for the 2nd and home leg of the final. time to put away the briggs and strapon for the winter and ride some proper machines and not the ones you rode at workington either.. gonna be tight.. tight... tight..but the law of averages says the average cheats will win in the end..

• Like 1