British Speedway Forum
magnus

Bspa Meeting...

Promoters have always been able to bring sponsorship into the communal 'pot' and get paid on results.

Terry Russell was able to trouser 200K per season out of the old deal with Sky for combined broadcasting and naming rights.

He went out and did the deal.

So he got 20 per cent.

Anyone who did similar would have got the same 'finders fee'.

El Tel can get a lot of flak. Some of it justified.

But the fact remains he is just about the only guy who has ever achieved anything on this front.

Credit where credit is due.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Promoters have always been able to bring sponsorship into the communal 'pot' and get paid on results.

Terry Russell was able to trouser 200K per season out of the old deal with Sky for combined broadcasting and naming rights.

He went out and did the deal.

So he got 20 per cent.

Anyone who did similar would have got the same 'finders fee'.

El Tel can get a lot of flak. Some of it justified.

But the fact remains he is just about the only guy who has ever achieved anything on this front.

Credit where credit is due.

If he got £200k as 20% of the deal, then what the beggary did they do with £800k ?!?!?!?!

If he got £200k as 20% of the deal, then what the beggary did they do with £800k ?!?!?!?!

Split it between them.

Spent it on riders.

Just about survived.

In a league that was effectively bankrupt without that cash.

What the hell do you think?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

How impressive is that.

Bed fellows with Keith Harris' Orville.....say no more.

Not quite Micky Mouse, but you've got to start somewhere...

I like the new rule that only one tactical ride can be used, but It bothers me that a team can go from 10 points down to within 3 in the space of one race. I'd like to see the minimum points behind before a double points ride can be used to be 12

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Can see where your coming from Shads but with big points gaps between teams this is open to manipulation by both teams ie leading team been 10 points up already and instead of riding for a 4-2 they give a 2-4 to the losing just to keep them at arms length thus stopping them using a TR I suppose the opposite effect applies when a team is already 10 points down. Don't always agree with the old 6 point rule but the team leading had to keep riding for the points and the losing were always within a chance of closing the gap soon rather than later. Can't see why if they want to keep the TR then why not both the losing teams riders and instead of double points for one rider then give a bonus point to both losing teams riders if they beat the opposing teams riders in a Tactical Heat.

Anyone dropping points to stop a TR is a moron. A TR is 3 extra points. Dropping a point means you drop a point and the opposition gain a points thus a 2 point difference. Just go out and win, it's not worth messing about for he sake of a single point.

Barrycuda,,,Riders get payed for points scored are you seriously saying they are going to chuck money away ? Few riders even know what the score is during a meeting, they are to busy consentrating on their own performance..

Edited by waco

Barrycuda,,,Riders get payed for points scored are you seriously saying they are going to chuck money away ? Few riders even know what the score is during a meeting, they are to busy consantrating on their own performance..

Are you seriously saying you have never seen a rider slow down to drop a point?

So the Speedy Star seems to confirm the maximum 2 x 7 pointers per EL team?!

I just do not understand the logic of that - as well as not understanding why it wasn't made clear in the AGM statement!!

• Like 1

I just do not understand the logic of that - as well as not understanding why it wasn't made clear in the AGM statement!!

saving £??

Perhaps cos there were 14 top 5 riders that finished on 7+ averages last year, so 2 per team spreads them out equallyish? Two don't seem to be coming back either so that makes 12.
  • Like 1

They always seem to miss something out of their AGM statement.

Is it so they have summat new to tell fans at supporters forum meetings after the agm??