British Speedway Forum
magnus

Bspa Meeting...

I was talking to a Promoter a couple of years ago about BSPA meetings. He smiled at my concerns, and used the term 'bear pit' in his response.

Well its their business,s that stand to go down the pan and with the gaps on the terraces becoming more and more each season surely even the goons at the BSPA can see the need for a radical change to breathe life back into the misnamed EL? If not the sport at the top level is finished.

I think it would be handy if they kept stadiums open in 2015 -- it would be a start xx

• Like 2

I believe that at least 12 promoters cannot make those dates so the BSPA have drafted some guest promoters in for 10 of them and 'Promoter replacement' is being used for the other two..... :o:D

What a SUPERB Post. Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! :t:

Totally fed up of guests and doubling up and down riders. Love the basics of the sport but dont go anymore due to the farcical rules. Prefer to just watch the GPs, a real competition on TV.

Things must be bad if you have given it up as a bad job Bellers101 - join the Club. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Edited by The White Knight

It would be a good idea to have at least 2 supporters to go from each club to put in thier points of view and also to be able to veto some of the stuppid ideas that they always seem to come up with each year.

The imput of those supporters would make on big difference to the way speedway is run in this country. Though I am sure the powers that be that sit on the BPSA board of idiots would some make sure that they where all show out of the room even before the meeting started.

They only changes they want, is the changes they make, no matter how damaging it is to our beloved sport.

• Like 1

It would be a good idea to have at least 2 supporters to go from each club to put in thier points of view and also to be able to veto some of the stuppid ideas that they always seem to come up with each year.

The imput of those supporters would make on big difference to the way speedway is run in this country. Though I am sure the powers that be that sit on the BPSA board of idiots would some make sure that they where all show out of the room even before the meeting started.

They only changes they want, is the changes they make, no matter how damaging it is to our beloved sport.

Not sure how this would work. Some fans ideas are as off the wall as the BSPA

How about a couple of Supporters who have stopped going. That would be more effective.

Ooops - I'd forgotten - they couldn't give a hoot as to why people have stopped going. They are just NOT interested. :sad: :sad: :sad:

• Like 3

I think it would be handy if they kept stadiums open in 2015 -- it would be a start xx

Not a problem surely? Most speedway promoters don't own the stadiums but are just tenants. Where they are owned by the speedway promoter, at most of them other events are staged besides speedway...Scunthorpe and King's Lynn spring readily to mind.

A bit radical, and too late for this season, but why not have a simple questionnaire that each club can ask its supporters to fill in.

multiple choice such as ; would you like A) More meetings with possibly less top stars or

B) Less meetings but stronger teams.

C) Not bothered

Do you think a set race night is a good idea ?YES/NO

I know that is only 2 examples but if the same set of questions was asked by all clubs, the results compiled and analysed, then something might get formulated that appealed to more people , would work as a business and may stop the decline of our sport.

to be honest given the promoters didn't act upon the suggestions made when consolidated by the speedway star a couple of years ago i doubt they are listening any more now...they seem to be in a world of their own (either that or they can never agree on anything so nothing changes).. Thus an independent body is the only way forward...but who is gonna pay now that the sport is on its knees...i'm afraid the opportunity was missed during the good times and we are the ones left

to put out the light.

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 4

The BSPA meeting is going to be toured this year under the heading of a farce, it will be at all major theatres..

• Like 1

to be honest given the promoters didn't act upon the suggestions made when consolidated by the speedway star a couple of years ago i doubt they are listening any more now...they seem to be in a world of their own (either that or they can never agree on anything so nothing changes).. Thus an independent body is the only way forward...but who is gonna pay now that the sport is on its knees...i'm afraid the opportunity was missed during the good times and we are the ones leftto put out the light.

I seem to recall a week after the suggestions was published in the star that Len Silver wrote a letter to the SS and rubbished every idea suggested....

unfortunatly with money getting tighter within speedway the promoters are getting less and less open to fresh ideas unless they can see an instant windfall and thats understandable i suppose but it dosent benifit speedways future ,the rules of the sport have to be decided by someone or a group who have no finacial intrest in any team because as impartial as the promoters claim to be they will never go for a rule which impacts their team no matter how benificial it is to the sport , its a promoters job to promote his team and get the best for his team but it just dosent sit right with anybody when he needs to slightly bend the rules and he is part of the rule making team because obviously he will get away with it and that shouldnt be, but then look at the other side of the coin ,if you were a promoter and it was your money/living at stake would you want to pay an independant body to dictate to you how you should run your buisness , i do feel slightly for the promters but for the future credility of the sport an independant body has got to be the way to go

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

unfortunatly with money getting tighter within speedway the promoters are getting less and less open to fresh ideas unless they can see an instant windfall and thats understandable i suppose but it dosent benifit speedways future ,the rules of the sport have to be decided by someone or a group who have no finacial intrest in any team because as impartial as the promoters claim to be they will never go for a rule which impacts their team no matter how benificial it is to the sport , its a promoters job to promote his team and get the best for his team but it just dosent sit right with anybody when he needs to slightly bend the rules and he is part of the rule making team because obviously he will get away with it and that shouldnt be, but then look at the other side of the coin ,if you were a promoter and it was your money/living at stake would you want to pay an independant body to dictate to you how you should run your buisness , i do feel slightly for the promters but for the future credility of the sport an independant body has got to be the way to go

Very balanced and sensible Post with which I totally agree Dean.

Have they looked at the meaning of the word "Promote"? I.E. PROMOTE! Push for sponsors, push for Media interest, attempt to make it more attractive to a younger audience etc. Not desperately cling on to the "good old ways" (cough) of 1950 style presentation & piles of minor ,but annoying, tinkering with rules ..

• Like 2