British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry 2015

With Kylmakorpi out for the season, I'd think there is a limited chance of enticing anyone over to the UK now

Surely it would be sensible to secure Fredrik Lindgren as a guest for the semi final and, if the Bees progress, the final. Would provide continuity for the play-offs at least and secure the Bees someone who has been riding in a heat leader berth pretty much all season and is capable of scoring as well as Joonas ... feels like a no brainer to me, move quickly and give the team and fans some certainty.

Clearly assumes Freddie wants the guest bookings and 8-day rule (if it's still in place) doesn't come into play ...

Edited by beesknees

Maybe but now we have an opportunity to replace Joonas with a rider over 8. If we do sign someone close to that we would actually have a very strong top 5.

That is very true and with your reserves it could mean we don't pick you in the play offs,

• Like 1

Can anyone who knows the rules answer this one?

A team is allowed to replace an injured rider in the play offs, I know. However, is the replacement up to the injured riders average or can a team increase up to the maximum limit.

Over to someone who actually can answer that question.

Interestingly in the PL Somerset are saying they can't replace Greenwood even though he is injured because the deadline has passed?

Interestingly in the PL Somerset are saying they can't replace Greenwood even though he is injured because the deadline has passed?

They're wrong then! Rules state there is a 7 day window prior to the play-offs to replace long term injured riders.

So if I understand it correctly we can sign a injury replacement rider from Monday?

Isn't that just an EL rule?

Yes it is.

16.3.4.1 A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term Injured Riders, but not with Riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. SR 16.3 does not apply but Riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

wouldn't trust him I'm afraid.

I would ;) I'd love to see Lindback in the UK don't think it's gonna happen this year though.

Can't remember where I heard it, but I thought Pawlicki had been approached?

• Like 1

Chris bomber Harris one of coventrys finest living legend go qualifier extraordinaire

Edited by muffinman

Bomber - the new Andy Smith of the GPs - absolute cr@p throughout the year and then qualifies from the last chance saloon.

Well done Bomber - a valuable addition to the series and ensures that GB have two riders - one at the top and the other at the tail :wink:

• Like 1

Bomber - the new Andy Smith of the GPs - absolute cr@p throughout the year and then qualifies from the last chance saloon.

Well done Bomber - a valuable addition to the series and ensures that GB have two riders - one at the top and the other at the tail :wink:

Andy "2 rides and home" Smith

So pleased for Harris qualifying for the 2016 SGP in a very tough line up.

He has been in brilliant form the last couple of days, his heat 15 at Brandon last night was special.

Good luck to him