British Speedway Forum
SCB

Ftd Reserves

So you use Newmans end of season figures to suggest he should be ahead of others but ignore that at the end of the season Worrall was better than most of them and put him 5th.

Speedway as a sport uses averages, it uses season long averages and not averages over a 6 week period. The draft should do pretty much the same IMO.

Anyway, form in their last 10 meetings (worth noting I am missing about half a dozen EL meetings and a dozen PL meetings)

Jason Garrity 9.58 (8.84)
Kyle Newman 9.36 (8.51)
Lewis Blackbird 8.92 (8.17)
Steve Worrall 7.83 (6.98)
Lewis Kerr 7.48 (6.52)
PL
Kyle Newman 8.92 (8.21)
Lewis Kerr 8.50 (7.70)
Jason Garrity 8.07 (7.69)
Lewis Blackbird 8.13 (7.25)
Steve Worrall 7.73 (7.07)

Them stats do strengthen your argument a fair bit though :D

The fact that there is so much debate on which FTD is best, what set of averages to use etc etc proves how subjective any ranking decision will be so what's the point!?!? Let the clubs come up with their method of ranking the riders and let them make their own decisions.

That's all part of the fun/skill/luck of the draft.

ONLY the order in which the clubs pick riders need ranking, not the riders providing any protection decisions (no matter who you decide to protect) results in the team going to the bottom of the pile in the next round as I've said before.

We sure can make a simple process very complicated in Speedway.

I dont understand the need for ranking at this point. As I see teams with assets will name and protect them to start with in either category and then as I see leics commence with cat 1 pick from who has not been protected. And then the cat 2 draft will start again rankng has no relevance. And same goes for guests it has been said that any cat 1 rider can guest for any other cat 1 unlike last seasonwhen it was anyone above

There has to be some kind of ranking of the category 1's to determine an order of selection of the category 2's.

So you use Newmans end of season figures to suggest he should be ahead of others but ignore that at the end of the season Worrall was better than most of them and put him 5th.

Speedway as a sport uses averages, it uses season long averages and not averages over a 6 week period. The draft should do pretty much the same IMO.

Anyway, form in their last 10 meetings (worth noting I am missing about half a dozen EL meetings and a dozen PL meetings)

Jason Garrity 9.58 (8.84)

Kyle Newman 9.36 (8.51)

Lewis Blackbird 8.92 (8.17)

Steve Worrall 7.83 (6.98)

Lewis Kerr 7.48 (6.52)

PL

Kyle Newman 8.92 (8.21)

Lewis Kerr 8.50 (7.70)

Jason Garrity 8.07 (7.69)

Lewis Blackbird 8.13 (7.25)

Steve Worrall 7.73 (7.07)

For what it's worth and I know it is nothing like being official my top 10 FTRs based on their most recent 10 matches were:

01-Lewis Blackbird

02-Kyle Newman

03-Jason Garrity

04-Steve Worrall

05-Lewis Kerr

06-James Sarjeant

07-Stefan Neilsen

08-Paul Starke

09-Lewis Rose

10-Joe Jacobs

Edited by barrow boy

There has to be some kind of ranking of the category 1's to determine an order of selection of the category 2's.

Why does the riders in pot A have to be ranked. Surely the final league positions are enough to determine the picking order. Why complicate the system by ranking the riders. We have been assured that all rider are of similar ability, so what benefit is gained by ranking them.....???????

• Like 1

Surely the order of pick is down to the teams ranking

Why does the riders in pot A have to be ranked. Surely the final league positions are enough to determine the picking order. Why complicate the system by ranking the riders. We have been assured that all rider are of similar ability, so what benefit is gained by ranking them.....???????

Group 1 is the only group of riders that need ranking, because those rankings determine when you pick from group 2.

• Like 1

They have to be ranked as clubs have the option to protect assets. It wouldn't be fair on Leicester to have first pick but half the grade A riders not available as they've been protected and then get last pick in round 2. Grade A picks should determine the order of picks for round 2

• Like 1

Nowhere in the official release does it mention ranking the riders.

Once clubs have protected their rider, the rest of the selection will be done on league position. For example, if Poole choose to select Newman then they will pick last in Group B.

I don't know why some are trying to make it more complicated than it is?!

The only 2 things we are waiting for are 1) the final list of riders; and 2) which of them are in Group A.

• Like 2

So are you saying that Leicester get first choice of both categories?

I've heard a rumour of at least two 'protected' riders who would not agree to being on the list unless they could definitely ride for their own track!! :shock:

Who is the other rider to go with Kyle?:-)

Once clubs have protected their rider, the rest of the selection will be done on league position. For example, if Poole choose to select Newman then they will pick last in Group B.

I don't know why some are trying to make it more complicated than it is?!

The only 2 things we are waiting for are 1) the final list of riders; and 2) which of them are in Group A.

It seems relatively easy to understand as far as i`m concerned!

• Like 1

Leicester 100% have 1st pick in the grade A riders but then depending who they pick will have a lower position pick in the grade b riders .

But in my view what selection in the grade B riders Leicester get is irrelevant because i feel they will protect Josh Bates as a 2014 squad member .

So are you saying that Leicester get first choice of both categories?

Why should Poole have the last grade B choice if Newman isn't the best grade A rider?

Why should Poole have the last grade B choice if Newman isn't the best grade A rider?

If Poole choose Newman (assuming he has accepted?!) as their protected Grade A rider, then the choice of Grade B riders will be done based upon the reversed EL league positions ie Poole with last pick.

If Newman chooses not to be in the draft, then Poole will not have a protected rider, so will pick last in the Grade A selection and then first in Grade B.

Edited by Skidder1