British Speedway Forum
SCB

Ftd Reserves

Absolutely I'm sure they are benefitting from EL sponsorship.

Kevlars are 500-700 before you start on anything else

All of the fast track riders should have averages for next year's team-building to allow the teams with last/least choice to have a stronger 1-5 & those averages should not be based on PL converted averages alone. Newman would be a steal on his.

The range must be something like Benji Compton 1.5 to Newman on 5.

That's why it won't happen as Kyle Newman is a steal on a 3.51 average & Steve Worrall stitches Belle Vue up on a 4.3 based on their Premier Lge averages.

That's why it won't happen as Kyle Newman is a steal on a 3.51 average & Steve Worrall stitches Belle Vue up on a 4.3 based on their Premier Lge averages.

Agreed, it won't be done.

There was no good reason why the fast track riders shouldn't have had averages in the first place & no harm in Newman & Garrity etc having a month as heatleaders.

Agreed, it won't be done.

There was no good reason why the fast track riders shouldn't have had averages in the first place & no harm in Newman & Garrity etc having a month as heatleaders.

That would be just ridiculous and very damaging to the riders concerned...they have actual averages that are completely false and could never be used in real team building...asking them to suddenly ride as EL heat leaders would destroy everything the fast track system was supposedly brought in for in the first place..

• Like 2

I find all this quite alarming, that this FTR scheme, something of such paramount importance, was not fully sorted out and published before it was implemented.. Sure there where bound to be niggly problems to sort out, but this should, by now, be all sorted and dusted and everybody knowing what was going on. But apparently not ........

I'm of the impression the whole scheme was devised at a minutes notice, purely as a cost saving exercise for the promoters and had little or no intention of structuring a way forward to help develop the younger riders. I hope I'm wrong, but the whole scenario doesn't fill me with much optimism.

Again the secrecy from the governing powers is alarming. . It's times like this I think the BSPA must be some of the inept people ever to run a sport. Don't they realise, us fans are on their side. For them to stand any chance of survival, they need us, big time....

• Like 2

That would be just ridiculous and very damaging to the riders concerned...they have actual averages that are completely false and could never be used in real team building...asking them to suddenly ride as EL heat leaders would destroy everything the fast track system was supposedly brought in for in the first place..

I disagree. A month as a heatleader would have done Newman, Kerr & Garrity no harm at all, Apart from Kings Lynn, the third heatleader of most teams was no better than their second strings & a month as heatleader would have been less of a distortion in teams' strengths than having a protected reserve rack up double figure scores from six or seven rides. It may have been less pronounced had the reserves have been allotted only their four programmed rides & no more.

I say this with the benefit of hindsight, but if next year is again to be rigged in some way we should at least be trying to make a best guess at proper averages & equalisation rather than let some teams benefit from riders on a steal average.

The BSPA should forget about the actual averages of the fast track boys and just pick the british number sixes from the best fast trackers and the ones that we all feel missed out maybe.

Then do similar to this year for the sevens perhaps :-)

But their EL Kevlars will have been provided and paid for by the Club

I think not.

Not in most cases anyway.

• Like 1

In my opinion the fast track has been fantastic in order to provide Team gb riders of the near future - rather than the normal progression.

Newman, Garrity and Worrall have provided great entertainment and show great potential.

one of the better decisions of Gb speedway hierarchy over the last few years in my eyes.

however do appreciate those teams where the fast track has not worked and would rightfully reject my smug enthusiasm.

• Like 2

I disagree. A month as a heatleader would have done Newman, Kerr & Garrity no harm at all, Apart from Kings Lynn, the third heatleader of most teams was no better than their second strings & a month as heatleader would have been less of a distortion in teams' strengths than having a protected reserve rack up double figure scores from six or seven rides.

Would you have been happier with Milik, or Grajczonek, dropping to reserve and taking six rides a meeting?

• Like 2

Would you have been happier with Milik, or Grajczonek, dropping to reserve and taking six rides a meeting?

Good point. The answer is "no".

But how did three rides a meeting rather than four benefit the lesser fast track riders???

And how detrimental to other teams was it when they faced a team with a protected red hot reserve who could take seven rides throughout the season??? Tom Perry was Leicester's best reserve on 4.09 while Garrity was 7.29 & Newman 7.19.

There has to be a better balance between track-time, protection & fair competition.

The FTD was another charade to save money, using some of our best young talent as abused speedway slags, picking up a pittence to save promoters a few bob, then the usual few exploited loop holes in the system... when does it stop?? we still have lads down as fast trackers who have been riding at PL level for 4/5 years or who are nearly 30 year old, this isnt the way to develop our talented youngsters surely??

• Like 4

I think that pretty much cements exactly why it will happen.

Let's just hope Phil Morris is nowhere near the draft in 2015 as he proved how corrupt he was last season & should be sacked.

Is that so crazy robin?

How wrong you are.

Me too.

SCB seems to think Morris has integrity, but if he was in charge of the draft list (and monthly alterations) the issue falls firmly at his feet.

Would love to hear the details surrounding it because it served no purpose whatsoever.

Certainly the draft situation with Benji lacks any integrity - or sense,

Not sure if your trolling of Mr Morris is amusing or sad Steve!

But don't let facts get in the way of your tainted opinions of him!

• Like 3