British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (plpo Final - 2nd Leg) 25/10/14 @7.00pm

It's all a matter of ifs buts and maybes.

But both teams have had great seasons.

Just a pity that injuries kicked in for both sides, the same as they hit us in the final last year.

Agree , see you next season all the best.

• Like 2

I assume we'll have to wait on our Glasgow friends finishing their Buckie and fried mars bars suppers before they add their congrats to the best team ever in PL history? ;) Me fishing... as if......

• Like 1

I assume we'll have to wait on our Glasgow friends finishing their Buckie and fried mars bars suppers before they add their congrats to the best team ever in PL history? ;) Me fishing... as if......

Let the Smugness begin :D :D

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Well done to the Capital Monarchs!

• Like 2

Let the Smugness begin :D :D

All the best

Rob

It started in March Rob !!!

Looking forward to hearing accounts of heats 13 and 15 and seeing the dvd. Sounds like it was a bit mental.

Congratulations to the Monarchs and look forward to Starman condoning the instructions in heat 15

Rico

• Like 3

Got to praise John Campbell Alex Harkess and the Monarchs directors for this great team too - 4 league wins in 12 years ain't too shabby and only one dodgy burger in that time ( cue Tsunami) ;)

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing accounts of heats 13 and 15 and seeing the dvd. Sounds like it was a bit mental.

Congratulations to the Monarchs and look forward to Starman condoning the instructions in heat 15

Rico

Ht13 was great. When it finally got underway after a few 'first corner bunches' Cookie moved Morris (booo) wide very well to allow Masters through.

Ht14 was even more key though i think. I was a bit nervous when Max kept trying to get the win - a 5-1 was going to be needed in ht15 either way!

H15 was a bit of a farce. Aspgren deliberately laying the bike down looking for a restart was poor and the ref rightly awarded the race.

Many congratulations to the Monarchs and even more commiserations to the Rebels. Just glad we could make a final of it. With both teams having a rider out you could argue that both teams had their destiny in their own hands but the Rebels fate did ultimately lie in the hands of their guests for Olly, no more to be said. Undoubtedly the Monarchs were by far the best team in 2014 and deserve to be champions but I wouldn't have lost any sleep if we had won. After the turmoil of the team building we haven't done too badly ourselves so we can't be too disappointed.

Well done Edinburgh. See you again next year!

• Like 2

Rico

Not naming names but some people near reading had to leave the room at heat 15 lol

Well done to the Monarchs,both Teams gave their best shot.Personally think Nick Morris needs to think about riding with his brain engage and think about what is going on round about him ,heat 13 being the perfect example there was no way Cook was going to let him ride round him (twice) yet in the last Heat decider he tried the same move after making a decent gate and Cook took him wide again to let Master cut back on the inside.Cook didn't do anything any other rider would do riding a hard first corner but Morris just couldn't see it.Aspregren deserves a fine for laying it down and then staying on the track.Ref done the right thing to award the race.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

So the joker points were the difference!

Our 6 vs Somerset 5.

What a joke!

Somerset scored a 8-1 & 4-4 =12 /Monarchs 6-3 X2 =12

Not naming names but some people near reading had to leave the room at heat 15 lol

I knew I would get a text before result came through to Chatroom and thought it best all round. All worked out well in the end.

• Like 1

Somerset scored a 8-1 & 4-4 =12 /Monarchs 6-3 X2 =12

Ah, but what is the difference between the two...