British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (plpo Final - 2nd Leg) 25/10/14 @7.00pm

Edinburgh have been the stand out team this season and have deservedly won a clean sweep of team trophies .

Bar the Fours of course. You will never guess who won! :party: Only the seond best team in 2014.

Oops. That will teach me to read and digest first before engaging my keyboard. Sorry Paulco, read straight past the 'team' bit. Scrub the above.

Edited by Willowman

Two times - nice to hear it.

I also seem to have in my head a picture of Adam Ellis sitting it out in the LC Final at Ippo!!

That was awarded as a 5-1 to the Monarchs as well - probably happened same bend / same lap as yesterday.

But hey it was only heat 12 so is that better?

So the refs must love us.

Or playing possum is becoming more of a regular occurrence nowadays.

If so then the refs have to stamp it out and what better way than by awarding the race.

And you my dear sir cannot read properly. Notice the lack of 'heat' and '15' so no I haven't said its a run off. I said it as a way of being fair to both teams. A run off between two riders from the teams. Also another way being a re run where Pontus gets excluded and fined but Morris who is innocent along with the four other Rebel riders still get a chance to win the trophy. I think I have a right to make these statments as thats two times this season the Monarchs have been handed the victory via a referee decision. I have no problem in Edinburgh winning no qualms at all just the mannerism in which it happened.

so now it's the refs fault you loss! get over it you were second best!

so in your mind it's fine that Aspgren deliberately fell off to try and get a re-run? so lets say there was a re-run and Morris split the monarchs pair and won the rebels the league. would you class that as fair? that one of your riders cheated to win you the league?

• Like 1

The Somerset Team Manager phoned the Referee on a number of occasions during the meeting but did not when this incident occurred.

In my view this was clear indication that he knew some wrong doing had taken place on track.

And you my dear sir cannot read properly. Notice the lack of 'heat' and '15' so no I haven't said its a run off. I said it as a way of being fair to both teams. A run off between two riders from the teams. Also another way being a re run where Pontus gets excluded and fined but Morris who is innocent along with the four other Rebel riders still get a chance to win the trophy. I think I have a right to make these statments as thats two times this season the Monarchs have been handed the victory via a referee decision. I have no problem in Edinburgh winning no qualms at all just the mannerism in which it happened.

Somerset did have an equal chance to win the trophy. That was called ht15(and the other 29 before). The whole point of the awarding rule was to stop riders deliberately stopping races when behind. If the rules were not in place promotions would happily pay any fine for a rider so the only people punished would be the team whose riders were in the lead, grossly unfair.

Punishing the fallen rider actually has nothing to do with awarding a race either. There really is 2 factors, is the race still competitive and has enough of the race been completed. Last night cookie had completed 2 laps when the red light went on so that was true. Morris was nowhere near either monarch, if he had been buzzing around master's back tyre then it would have been a rerun. As he wasn't the ref got it spot on.

Rule is the same for deciding the play off as it would have been for the meaningless matches at Glasgow today.

Absolutely fantastic performance from the monarchs, you just couldn't have scripted that. I have never been so pleased to hear the word awarded in my life. The party in the bar afterwards was great too, roll on the dinner dance next weekend.

• Like 1

so in your mind it's fine that Aspgren deliberately fell off to try and get a re-run? so lets say there was a re-run and Morris split the monarchs pair and won the rebels the league. would you class that as fair? that one of your riders cheated to win you the league?

You are getting over excited Mr B the point he is making is right in his eye's which is fair enough however most off us can see that the correct desicion was made congrats on winning the treble i know we enjoy the banter most off the time and it wasn't that long ago we were celebrating the league title success hopefully we can come back challenging the Monarchs next season and claim our rightful place :t: .

Somerset did have an equal chance to win the trophy. That was called ht15(and the other 29 before). The whole point of the awarding rule was to stop riders deliberately stopping races when behind. If the rules were not in place promotions would happily pay any fine for a rider so the only people punished would be the team whose riders were in the lead, grossly unfair.

Punishing the fallen rider actually has nothing to do with awarding a race either. There really is 2 factors, is the race still competitive and has enough of the race been completed. Last night cookie had completed 2 laps when the red light went on so that was true. Morris was nowhere near either monarch, if he had been buzzing around master's back tyre then it would have been a rerun. As he wasn't the ref got it spot on.

Rule is the same for deciding the play off as it would have been for the meaningless matches at Glasgow today.

Absolutely fantastic performance from the monarchs, you just couldn't have scripted that. I have never been so pleased to hear the word awarded in my life. The party in the bar afterwards was great too, roll on the dinner dance next weekend.

Couldn't help yourself could you they would not have been meaningless if the weather had not intervened it could have given the club a much needed cash injection with a good crowd that makes it hardly meaningless in a lot of supporters eyes :mad: .

Stop twisting what I say please. I have said nothing of the above. Where have i said its fine what Aspgren did? No where. Yes it would be fair if the innocent rider in Morris had won us the league and Pontus had been excluded and fined. Its true that the ref gave you the win because he basically did. Why should the 5 riders get punished for just 1 riders fault?.

You are getting over excited Mr B the point he is making is right in his eye's which is fair enough however most off us can see that the correct desicion was made congrats on winning the treble i know we enjoy the banter most off the time and it wasn't that long ago we were celebrating the league title success hopefully we can come back challenging the Monarchs next season and claim our rightful place :t: .

right behind Edinburgh i pressume

right behind Edinburgh i pressume

Possibly maybe our promotion might surprise us and not sign any dodgy burger munching Germans and build a good team for a change.

• Like 1

Stop twisting what I say please. I have said nothing of the above. Where have i said its fine what Aspgren did? No where. Yes it would be fair if the innocent rider in Morris had won us the league and Pontus had been excluded and fined. Its true that the ref gave you the win because he basically did. Why should the 5 riders get punished for just 1 riders fault?.

I honestly give up!

We are champions you are not! thank you and good night :t::party::party:

• Like 1

The point you are missing with that argument though is that Pontus did not lay it down to benefit himself but to benefit the team therefore it is correct that the team should be disadvantaged by the outcome.... Although in this case they weren't actually disadvantaged as the outcome when he decided to try and cheat was the same as the outcome as correctly judged by the ref.

• Like 6

Aspgren was representing the Rebels. His 'decision' affects both him and the team and as such both are punished. Simple.The result was fair. Had the race been rerun and Morris split the Monarchs it would have been an injustice.

I have my opinion you lot have yours. Simple as that. I have a right to be angry you have a right to defend and will never agree. See you next season when the mighty Rebels gain deserved revenge.

Brummie.....Morris could have and should have been excluded in heat 13, if he would maybe engage his brain at some point he could maybe....maybe be a good rider......but headless chicken comes to mind

And of course the Somerset Game plan for heat 15.........and their win at all costs

At least the some supporters from other team are being gracious and give some congratulation's to The Monarchs and what they have achieved this year?

No problem here at all just pointing out what I said if your promotion signed him you would support him, and also you can`t spell Aspgren.

A lot of people call him Aspirin. The same logic is applied to Ostergaard being called Oystercard - and there are various others.

You've obviously got a headache, so you'd better take an Aspgren :wink:

• Like 2