British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset (plpo Final - 2nd Leg) 25/10/14 @7.00pm

Well put gmuncie aspegren had nothing to gain personally by laying down.

Of course I only meant meaningless in terms of the result Gazc I sincerely hope Glasgow don't receive any sort of fine for non fulfillment of fixtures as that really helps no one.

Brummie Rebel

Are you really suggesting, that when the Rebels are involved, we ignore the rule book?.......who are you in disguise......Matt Ford?

Edited by Monarchlad

Its true that the ref gave you the win because he basically did. Why should the 5 riders get punished for just 1 riders fault?.

Its in the SCB Regulations that a ref can award a race in these circumstances - so the ref didn't win it for the Monarchs, the regs did - and, of course, Aspirin who (by all accounts) had a go at the professional foul and didn't get away with it.

Edited to add: as mentioned by others ... Aspirin wouldn't have done it for his own benefit, he took a fall for the team - win as a team, lose as a team. You have no valid augment here at all.

I'm neutral - I couldn't give a pickle who won. The regulation is a fair one, and was introduced to stop teams trying the "professional foul", and has been used to good effect.

Edited by Had Enough Too
  • Like 1

Well put gmuncie aspegren had nothing to gain personally by laying down.

Of course I only meant meaningless in terms of the result Gazc I sincerely hope Glasgow don't receive any sort of fine for non fulfillment of fixtures as that really helps no one.

I have read your post the wrong way so apologies for that in terms off fixtures the weather was and still is torrential and this had no chance off running today now that the late dark nights are upon us and the cut off is Friday it is a given that this double header will have no chance off being staged as Ashfield is not blessed with floodlights unfortunately.

Hopefully the powers accept that we tried our best to fulfil these fixtures but the weather has beaten us and a fine would probably be the final nail it would be very short-sighted to impose this sanction given that it was out-with our control and trying to complete fixtures this late in the season is rain roulette and needs addressed at the conference with shortening the season.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

Brummie I was with you until you mentioned Morris and innocent in the same sentence.

We were disadvantaged in the 2nd leg last year you may recall.

You may indeed get revenge next year...I look forward to a 3rd grand final between our 2 great clubs, but for this year we achieved justice for Joe. Tabaka.

Speedy return to form for the pint sized Magyar would complete our league winning

• Like 1

Stop twisting what I say please. I have said nothing of the above. Where have i said its fine what Aspgren did? No where. Yes it would be fair if the innocent rider in Morris had won us the league and Pontus had been excluded and fined. Its true that the ref gave you the win because he basically did. Why should the 5 riders get punished for just 1 riders fault?.

ive read and posted some sh!te on this forum.... But you have surpassed anything ever lol...you have got yourself a few wooshes though congrats. Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 3

But because of one rider, of which many riders have commited the same offence,a team has been punished. What Pontus did was wrong yes but the decision has also handed the monarchs victory on a plate. Morris should have had another chance on his own with Pontus made to pay.

I mean re run without Pontus. Then Pontus fined. At least the result would have been fair either way and Pontus would get his just desserts. As i said riders have done this before.

Explain how then? Why should the ref award the race on the second lap in what is the title decider? Ok Pontus was in the wrong but he should have been made to pay not the whole team. If it had been re run with 3 riders is that not fair? Is this not supposed to be a fair sport?

Have to be fair to both teams, don't you? Even if it is a run off?

You must be a fisherman no

• Like 3

Not a real fisherman but a forum fisherman with all these examples hes of the angler variety

I don't think Brummie Rebel is fishing. He's just angry and frustrated and he can't see the wood for the trees. Forum rule 2:12 sub section 3; never post when you're angry and frustrated.

My take on it and I was there is that after a monumental effort by both teams, heat 15 was going Edinburghs way. Their riders were disappearing into the distance. Aspgren sees the title slipping away and on the spur of the moment, slides off and sits on the track hoping for a re run. Unfortunately it didn't fool even his own supporters never mind the ref. It was laughably unconvincing and it's not just speculation, the ref actually announced his reason for awarding the race. I don't remember hearing that before.

It was a huge effort by both teams, you could cut the tension with a knife and went right down to the wire. Frustration took over. It was a professional foul and the ref spotted it, as did everyone in the crowd.

Well done Pontus for trying it if it was But.... Has anyone thought it might of been a mechanical failure!!?? Just a thought!!

Only if the cogs in his head got stuck ond.

This was a professional dive that outdid Arjen Robben.

Did i see George English presenting medals etc? Thought the previous victorious team usually handed over the trophy?

George is on the BSPA commitie

Maybe , but surely the lovely Debbie handing the trophy over in a bikini would have been more appropriate
  • Like 3